Phunteratc

Thoughts on Dan Lanning in Oregon?

I am a native Oregonian and have been a lifelong Duck fan, but now live in GA. I was at the season opener and although it was a rough loss, it was so good to see the Ducks in person again. While at the game, sitting in the Duck section, I heard many calling for DL to be fired already. It was disturbing to me and I thought classless. I can’t tell you how prevelant it was, but there were some all around me with that attitude.

Today, my sister was at the game and prior to the start she heard the same conversations around her. I imagine that now it will quiet down, and perhaps not be heard again until a loss (hopefully not this season). Anyway, my question to you locals is, are you hearing this in your circles and around town?

Also, while at the game here in Atlanta, I won two tickets to the Standford game from Chick-fil-a at the fan experience. Hopefully I will be attending in a couple weeks if I can swing it.

Lanning is learning but I think he has a real vision for this Oregon team. 

This team is improving scary fast. 

On 9/17/2022 at 8:51 PM, David Marsh said:

Lanning is learning but I think he has a real vision for this Oregon team. 

This team is improving scary fast. 

I would have to agree! I think DL has a lot to learn, but he is learning quickly. BYU is a solid team. So we should be pretty excited about the future, even if we run into a few hiccups!!!

This game was encouraging and gave a better picture of where the Ducks stand in the national landscape.  I still would have liked to see this staff, cut the defense loose and blitz more.  All three QBs that we have faced so far, were able to pick apart our secondary when given ample time.

Gutsy call on our own 31 yd line to go for it on 4th, but I was confident the Ducks would convert, with the way we were running the ball.

Is Lupoi calling a conservative, vanilla defense?  Also, is it me or do our LBs seem too slow to be effective?

I also think that DL is learning a quick pace. It has been said that you progress the most between week 1 and week 2. While I am not throwing shade at EWU, they are not the caliber of opponent that you can judge your progress against. Especially from #1 UGA to EWU.

Today, for me, answered a lot of questions and showed the progress the Ducks have made in 2 short weeks. Coming into this game, I felt that we needed to have the kind of showing that we got, in order to put ourselves back in the national conversation. We will not overcome that week 1 defeat in many minds across the nation, until we prove it against quality opponents.

Today was the start of the process. By no means am I downplaying the games between now and Utah, but that game will be another that will make national pundents take another look. I hoped for a win today, but was not as confident as many of you on how dominating of a win it would be.

Let’s all be reminded that even though BYU is often overlooked outside of the west, that team was and is a good team. 

For me this was salve on a gapping wound from week 1 and I have new hope of jumping back into the playoff picture.

Edited by Smith72
Spacing

Winning cures everything!

• Go Ducks! 1