Charles Fischer

Bo Nix/Ty Thompson Comments From Coach Lanning

My FishDuck Friends, this is an experiment because usually you have a ton of articles in the 'Feed with all these quotes, and I wanted to bring them down here for discussion.

On Bo Nix’s growth…

“You talk about quarterback, and you talk about decision maker. Obviously we have to go back and watch the film, but I thought Bo made great decisions today. Each week he gets more and more confident in what we’re trying to accomplish. It’s the small things that you guys don’t see that make him a special quarterback. Like letting the play clock go there at the end of the game when a lot of people would just go and hike the ball. He did a really good job of operating and handling what was out there for him today.”

On if Bo Nix played with a chip on his shoulder…

“I think our team is really good at ignoring the outside noise, we only worry about the opinions in our room. There’s nobody in this building that’s lost confidence in Bo, including Bo, and his ability to go play for us.”

On his confidence in Ty Thompson and taking him back out…

“Absolutely and Ty didn’t do anything wrong, other than I thought we were in a position as a team that we needed to buckle up, and knuckle up, put our first group back on defense, put our first group back on offense and it was time to make a stand. You know you want to get an opportunity to get other guys opportunities. Ty absolutely didn’t do anything wrong, I have the utmost confidence in him but that was a decision for our entire team there as a unit to go put our ones in, to set the standard, and set the model for how we finish the game.” 

On Bo Nix’s decision making…

“I think Bo is proving he can do whatever we need him to within a game. That means still operating within the system, but I think every offensive coach would tell you that there’s certain plays that have elements of risk or more risks than others. I think at times we want to take the ball down the field like we did today and at times we want to be able to let our playmakers make plays in space and get the ball out quick. There’s certainly some plays that are going to be more risk-oriented than others and games like today where you get an early lead, you don’t necessarily have to work those risks.”

On the connection between Bo Nix and Terrance Ferguson…

“I think it’s really shown up in the last two games. Terrance is a really talented tight end and I think the other tight ends in that room are very talented as well. He’s been on the right end of the right call and the right coverage to allow him to go make a play. But obviously there’s a level of trust there for Bo and the rest of those guys that he’s throwing to.”

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

My respect for Coach Lanning grows every day!

• Thumbs Up 1