David Marsh

Miami vs. Texas A&M Observations

Just watching Mario be Mario. 

Lots of runs that go right up the gut with a pile of dust and in to the teeth of Texas A&M. 

Van Dyke being mostly wasted as a quarterback throwing screen passes and more passes laterally than vertically. 

Also just saw him throw to a receiver for a two yard gain when they needed much much more than two yards on their down. 

The kicking game looks pretty underwhelming too. 

Makes me feel good about where we are with Lanning right now. 

• Haha 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 8

Same old No O Mario.

I was just gonna ask if anyone was watching that game.  The forum boards are not happy with the play calling, TAMU has four starting DB's out and Miami is not attacking that...run up the middle, short pass, run up the middle.

Such a difference with Dan Lanning and Kenny D!!

Edited by Ktmguy2018
  • Thumbs Up 1

Special teams have been dismal for the U. Several dropped passes. Sclerotic offense with too predictable play calling. Sound familiar to anyone on the OBDF? The defense has kept it close, but what a waste of offensive talent.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just saw a 2nd and the 30... And they dumpt it off for a short gain. 

This is playing to not lose... Which will probably result in actually losing! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Here are some U fan thoughts on the game:

Screenshot_20220917-211654.png

Canes had a sequence earlier in the game where they had first and goal inside the ten. Play calling was three straight unimaginable runs prior to getting their 3 points.  
I’ve seen this movie before.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/17/2022 at 9:18 PM, Jester said:

I’ve seen this movie before.

And I'm glad I'm not forced to watch it anymore. 

How about Lanning and Dillingham calling a few QB sneaks and then switching it up to a run at to get some nice 3rd and 4th down conversations. 

Oh I'm so glad the Cristobal years are behind us now. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Miami’s D is playing well, but I think A&M’s offense is pretty sad as well.

Wow.  That was just terrible.  Some things never change…or maybe they actually get worse.  

That 2nd to last possession where they threw a 6 yard pass on 2nd and 30.  Then on 4th down, you run the clock almost all the way down to zero before you punt (or in Miami’s case, get a penalty)?!? 

That on top of the three straight runs on 1st and goal when you are behind to settle for 3????

Mario headed to the locker room to tell his team they need to play with more physicality.  

Edited by GeotechDuck
  • Haha 2
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Teams ranked 11, 12, and 13 lost today.

And it is official.  A new low even for Mario. 

98D7B17B-10FD-457D-A58C-5607131062C1.jpeg

Edited by GeotechDuck
  • Applause 1

Canes fans are waking up in a Vegas motel room with a raging hangover wondering who the heck they just married last night. And on the day the Lanning era really kicked off. Sorry Miami. No refunds on that 8 mill buyout. Good luck for the next eight years.

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Miami's WR recruits about to decommit. 

When Miami fans first learned that MariØ was going to be their new head coach, they took pleasure in "Duck tears."  That is what they titled their thread.  Little did they know, those were tears of joy.   Now, that Miami actually played a non-cupcake team, they know why.

If I were a Miami fan I would be livid about the play calling and in game coaching.  Just absolutely ridiculous.  They had way more total yards, almost twice as many first downs, and their defense actually played pretty good.  They should have won this game.  I now understand what you guys have been saying about Mario.  And yes, the QB’s talent was wasted.  Just a mind blowing display.  I’ve no words to describe the play calling in the red zone!  

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Like 2

LOL..............that's all I have to say.

Screenshot_20220917-221307_Chrome.jpg.546cbea04b4c5323915596ca3ca97c5b.jpg

• Haha 10

Another amazing stat.  The funny thing is that Canes twitter is blaming Gattis for this. 

2B777372-4EC5-41D6-9CAD-F09F66D99AD8.jpeg

Edited by GeotechDuck

If the Ducks play either team at home they will smoke em. On the road might be a little harder. 

Next weeks on on the road against WSU will tell us what we need to know.

Happy to see that offense make it’s way home to Miami.

Edited by Drake

On 9/18/2022 at 1:10 AM, SoGaDawg said:

If I were a Miami fan I would be livid about the play calling and in game coaching.  Just absolutely ridiculous.  They had way more total yards, almost twice as many first downs, and their defense actually played pretty good.  They should have won this game.  I now understand what you guys have been saying about Mario.  And yes, the QB’s talent was wasted.  Just a mind blowing display.  I’ve no words to describe the play calling in the red zone!  

Is he wasting QB talent or saving it for a lucky NFL team? I suspect TVD will be rookie of the year after  he gets drafted. He’ll have the freshest arm in the league. 

Edited by DrJacksPlaidPants
  • Haha 2

I couldn’t keep watching Mario be Mario. Canes fans gotta be wondering this AM 

isn’t the definition of insanity repeating the same behavior and expecting different results?

Edited by Vandownbytheriverduck
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/17/2022 at 9:21 PM, David Marsh said:

And I'm glad I'm not forced to watch it anymore. 

How about Lanning and Dillingham calling a few QB sneaks and then switching it up to a run at to get some nice 3rd and 4th down conversations. 

Oh I'm so glad the Cristobal years are behind us now. 

I found it interesting Mario had is qb run the ball to the outside for no gain, instead of having him try the sneak. Same old Mario, but this time with a qb who can't run as effectively, yet no change. This was all Mario, I wonder how long this OC will last?

On 9/17/2022 at 10:44 PM, GeotechDuck said:

Another amazing stat.  The funny thing is that Canes twitter is blaming Gattis for this. 

2B777372-4EC5-41D6-9CAD-F09F66D99AD8.jpeg

MC is who you work for as an OC if you want to kill your career. 

Edited by WaterPoloDuck
Spelling error

On 9/18/2022 at 7:12 AM, Haywarduck said:

I wonder how long this OC will last?

1-2 years... Like all of his coordinators. 

I think it might be only for this season if Gattis wants a head coaching job I'm sure he can land one at the end of this season. 

Miami under Cristobal will win enough games to help his coordinators' resumes. 

Postgame quotes from Mario: 

"We played hard, we played physical, we played tough." My comment: LOL

"(We) certainly gave ourselves a chance to at least tie the game there in the end, but not good enough. We gotta get better." My comment: LOL

""At least we showed that we can compete in a difficult environment." My comment: LOL

"You gotta execute, you gotta prevent shooting yourself in the foot on some things." My comment: LOL

"We have a high character team, the competitive character is high, and we've got to get back to work." My comment LOL

Thank you, Mario, for taking your clown show to Miami. Canes fans, we're not laughing with you--we're laughing at you.

On 9/18/2022 at 8:27 AM, Alan said:

Thank you, Mario, for taking your clown show to Miami. Canes fans, we're not laughing with you--we're laughing at you.

I still don't think Oregon fans realize how different this season would be if Mario stayed.  I am quite certain we would have had a MASSIVE number of transfers, (most of the receivers) and the season would have a "grim" outlook to it.  

Hanging out in the OBD forum would not be as fun.  I am so thankful for the way things worked out.  Even if Mario underperforms in Miami...he is still rich beyond anything I could sniff. 

So everyone is happy....well maybe not everyone.

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck