DrJacksPlaidPants

Mario Ripped on Twitter

In reading these Tweets, there are a lot of Duck fans basically saying “I told you so”. I wonder if Miami gets it yet.

WWW.SATURDAYDOWNSOUTH.COM

Mario Cristobal showed why Oregon fans are happy he's no longer in Eugene.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mariø has been exposed. You could see it on his face at the end of the game. He knows the whole country just figured out what Duck fan has known for a few years.

The look on his face was priceless. And now he knows that we know he knows we know. 🤪🤪🤪

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 9/18/2022 at 6:22 AM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

In reading these Tweets, there are a lot of Duck fans basically saying “I told you so”. I wonder if Miami gets it yet.

WWW.SATURDAYDOWNSOUTH.COM

Mario Cristobal showed why Oregon fans are happy he's no longer in Eugene.

Of course not.  It's just his 1st season.  Miami can (and likely will) be a national power again soon.  Mario my need to learn that he needs a first class Offensive mind brought in and then let that "mind" recruit offensive talent.  If things don't pick up in a few years, he may end up like Willie Taggert, but I doubt it.

I checked out a little Miami message board this morning and saw some familiar themes. First, fans are puzzled by the sudden regression of their star QB. They've gone from expecting a Heisman chase to wondering if he should be benched and what is wrong with him. I'm sure Herbert can diagnose what's wrong.

They are also scratching their collective heads at the conservative play calling from the offensive coordinator. For a guy that had so much success at Michigan, they're confused what the heck just happened. I'm sure Joe Moorhead can help them solve that riddle.

Mario basically said they lost because they didn't physicality enough which is how he throws his own players under the bus for his poor coaching decisions.

Oh well. Let the buyers remorse begin.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • Like 2

On 9/18/2022 at 9:27 AM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

I checked out a little Miami message board this morning and saw some familiar themes.

Mario basically said they lost because they didn't physicality enough...

Now this isn't at all surprising.  It was Mario's theme the entire time he was at Oregon.  Yes, a team needs to get physical and learn to out-hit the opponent.  But that's only part of the equation and maybe Mario just doesn't get the rest of the equation.

From an offensive lineman's point of view, everything is directly  in front of you and comes down to physicality.  Maybe he didn't learn what all went on behind him to make a play work.  Block left, block right, defend the passer.  He's pretty good at that, esp when he had Steve Greatwood helping him teach it to his players.  But that appears to be as far as his "offensive mind" works.

• Thumbs Up 2

Nice guy, great recruiter, awful coach.

• Salute 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

On 9/18/2022 at 9:39 AM, jrw said:

pretty succinct ...

• Thumbs Up 2

MC is what happens when you get a bunch of emotional donors with big$$$ and dont know anything about football together.

• Haha 2
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

From Twitter (even that sewer can be entertaining once in awhile)

Dan Lanning went for a 4th and 1 on his own 30 today, up 10. Mario Cristobal punted with 3 min left in a game down 8
  • Mic drop 1

On 9/18/2022 at 9:18 AM, Mic said:

Mario my need to learn that he needs a first class Offensive mind brought in and then let that "mind" recruit offensive talent.

It can be forgiven because you are new here, but we have had hundreds of posts over the last four years about..."what if Mario brings a great OC here and leaves him alone?"  That was the wish for four years, and then he brought in Joe Moorhead, a nationally known and respected OC.

And nothing changed.

Mario will not change no matter who the OC is, and he is being paid 8 million a year to do what he did at Oregon.  He has been given positive reinforcement for doing what he did at Oregon?  Why would he change?

• Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

On 9/18/2022 at 10:41 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Mario will not change no matter who the OC is, and he is being paid 8 million a year to do what he did at Oregon.  He has been given positive reinforcement for doing what he did at Oregon?  Why would he change?

I suppose you're right Charles.  I guess from his time here at Oregon I should  known better by now.  

I don't want to dump on MC, I think he was a pretty decent coach when he was here and we liked him ... until game day.  He just didn't seem to have the broad picture of what a head coach needs to be and do to put his team in the winning column against ranked teams.  His lineman's experience doesn't seem to have given him the whole picture of a complete team's performance.  How Dan Lanning got it is beyond me - but he seems to have it.    

• Thumbs Up 2

We lucked out guys and gals. I give my deepest appreciation to those wonderful boosters at the U. I say many times to them-- thank you!!!!!!

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 2

Hard to believe the Ducks went from dumpster fire to the Lanning era because of two back to back dream jobs in Florida!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

He took a new team into TA&M and gave them a ball game.TA&M is supposed was to be a top 5 team in the nation.

Edited by Duckhart

On 9/18/2022 at 12:14 PM, Duckhart said:

He took a new team into TA&M and gave them a ball game.TA&M is supposed was to be a top 5 team in the nation.

I think TAMU fans are having their own freakouts right now. They look awful! And that was the best class unlimited money can buy... And before that they recruited well as well. 

Miami at least has the excuse of Cristobal is molding the program in his image and he needs his guys and systems in place ... We know that doesn't really matter too much but they can use the excuse. 

What does TAMU have? I know they were down some starters but they also lost to App State last week. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I also wasnt impressed with MSU's pass defense.

On 9/18/2022 at 12:07 PM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

Hard to believe the Ducks went from dumpster fire to the Lanning era because of two back to back dream jobs in Florida!

Dumpster fire??? What?

On 9/18/2022 at 1:39 PM, VegasDuck said:

Dumpster fire??? What?

Pittman in the portal was the canary in the coal mine. Then Utah happened... twice. Yea, lots of smoke for sure. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Dumpster fire: 2016 4-8 with70-21 loss to Huskies. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/18/2022 at 9:39 AM, jrw said:

Agree. No ill will wished, just that MC had four years in Eugene to figure out that he had limitations when it came to offensive scheme and in-game decision making. If he can learn that if something doesn't move with a lot of force, and that using more force may not be the best strategy, he may be a successful head coach in Miami. My money isn't on that possibility, and I'm glad that he took his philosophy of iron vs iron until something fails or breaks is 3000 miles away.

Miami QB not happy...See what he says about playing at home!

• Yikes! 1
  • Wow 3
  • Haha 2

On 9/18/2022 at 12:14 PM, Duckhart said:

TA&M is supposed was to be a top 5 team in the nation.

Then I guess Appalachian State must be ranked #1.  "Supposed to be" and "is" can be miles and miles apart.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Remember, MC's very first play called as Oregon's head coach, was a timeout, right before the kickoff.

He literally called a timeout before the game actually started. I've watched a lot of football over the years, but I've never seen that one before.

Anyone paying attention knew that could not be a good sign of things to come.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mario is in his 50's now, he is what he is and likely wont change.  He got the affirmation that he is making the right decisions, at $8 Million a year, thanks Miami and the U.  Anyone here think you can convince him now, he is doing it wrong?

Who pays a coach that kind of money on his 4 year performance at Oregon?  The first two years his staff management and development of players were under question.  The last two years a questionable mess due to Covid and his management still questionable.

Mario had yet to prove to Oregon; One- he could lead/manage staff and team to develop talent and be competitive on a regular basis.  Two-  Hire competent staff that could recruit, develop and scheme the team to succeed.

Thanks Mario, for the high level of recruiting.  You showed that with consistent effort it can be done at Oregon.  Oregon will be alright now, with Miami the U showing You the love and money.

I agree that Mario is a great coach... For an Oregon opponent.

I believe Miami's pain has unintentionally presented Oregon with an opportunity.

Run with it, PLEASE!

How long before the U Boo Birdz fly?

On 9/22/2022 at 10:44 AM, woundedknees said:

I agree that Mario is a great coach... For an Oregon opponent.

I believe Miami's pain has unintentionally presented Oregon with an opportunity.

Run with it, PLEASE!

The Boo Birdz have already started flying down there. Soon they'll all be released.

On 9/22/2022 at 11:12 AM, WaterPoloDuck said:

The Boo Birdz have already started flying down there. Soon they'll all be released.

Well, that didn't take long!  I mean, this is the guy's 1st season - and only 3 games into it.  Sheeeeesh...

I think Mario will be fine for a little while longer.  There's the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders up next.  And the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets yet to play.  Miami could/should win at least 6 games making them bowl-eligible.  Will that save him?

On 9/22/2022 at 10:44 AM, woundedknees said:

They flew the first game...

On 9/22/2022 at 11:37 AM, Mic said:

Will that save him?

For another year with the fans because he can call it a rebuild and the fans can live with it... again we bought into the idea that Cristobal just needed his guys and that wasn't entirely true. He had plenty of talent from previous coaching staves and didn't use it to their full ability. 

Those paying Cristobal's paychecks might oddly enough be slightly more patient with his results because they can't afford to get rid of him. 

Also... Cristobal is a pro at winning the off season. Some coaches will leave and Cristobal will manage to hire new ones that get the fan base psyched. He will score recruiting wins and win the fan base over again because he is a very good recruiter. 

And then the season will come around again and fans will get frustrated ... that is until the off season when the whole cycle starts again. 

On 9/22/2022 at 4:45 PM, David Marsh said:

For another year with the fans because he can call it a rebuild and the fans can live with it... again we bought into the idea that Cristobal just needed his guys and that wasn't entirely true. He had plenty of talent from previous coaching staves and didn't use it to their full ability. 

Those paying Cristobal's paychecks might oddly enough be slightly more patient with his results because they can't afford to get rid of him. 

Also... Cristobal is a pro at winning the off season. Some coaches will leave and Cristobal will manage to hire new ones that get the fan base psyched. He will score recruiting wins and win the fan base over again because he is a very good recruiter. 

And then the season will come around again and fans will get frustrated ... that is until the off season when the whole cycle starts again. 

Yeah, how many times do I remember Oregon losing a coach and Mario talking about how his replacement was an upgrade. I even believed it a few times. The season started again and it was just the same old stuff.

On 9/22/2022 at 1:45 PM, David Marsh said:

Cristobal is a pro at winning the off season. Some coaches will leave and Cristobal will manage to hire new ones that get the fan base psyched. He will score recruiting wins and win the fan base over again because he is a very good recruiter. 

Described perfectly to a "T."  Most Oregon fans were still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt going into his fourth season.  I know this because I had over 180 posts that insulted me on other sites because they did not like this article in July going into the 2021 season.

I knew it was a matter of time before everyone felt the same way I did, but I did not anticipate the booing at a game.

Mr. FishDuck

On 9/22/2022 at 3:01 PM, OhioDuck said:

Yeah, how many times do I remember Oregon losing a coach and Mario talking about how his replacement was an upgrade. I even believed it a few times. The season started again and it was just the same old stuff.

The sad thing was that many of those replacements were upgrades! 

Moorhead is a better OC than Arroyo. But he was handcuffed and couldn't install his actual offense. 

DeRuyter has a fantastic track record as a DC but there was some problem in the development of players, especially in the secondary. Looking at Cristobal's Miami defense to date it seems to struggle with many of the same problems his defenses had the past few years at Oregon. So he is probably meddling on the defensive side of ball as well. 

On 9/22/2022 at 3:12 PM, David Marsh said:

So he is probably meddling on the defensive side of ball as well. 

Think he'll finally learn?  

If this is his 'dream job' one would think he'd be willing to listen to his assistants - if only to hang on to it. Boos coming from Joe Robbie (Hard Rock) should get his attention more than any other.

At 51 years old, it's highly unlikely there will be much change to MariØ's Method of Operation. He is what he is.

That didn’t take long!

5DFCCF7F-972C-4CF1-B3A1-019DCD106AA1.png

• Haha 1