Cockroach

Thanks Miami!

Cristobal is now what’s he was. It just amazes me athletic directors spend millions a dollars on a person who should not ever been head coach. There was plenty in his resume to show his faults. What a blessing that have Lanning. Go Ducks 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I predict google sees a spike in the search for "how much is Cristobal's buyout?".

• Haha 4
  • Mic drop 1

Looks like Orgeron is already laying the groundwork to be his replacement.

Been reading Miami fan boards. Seems a lot of Miami fans have bought into Mariø 'blame the players' tactics.

Many of us Ducks fans got caught up in blaming Brown. Turns out AB is a decent QB. 

Trust us Canes fan when we say it's all Mariø. Duck fan has hindsight. You were warned, now you get what you get.

• Thumbs Up 2

Cristobal is a good coach... But good I'd relative. He will recruit well and get his teams to bowl games. 

But he will not bring any team to the promised land of the playoff without some major changes. 

Thankful for him stocking the cupboards with talent and thankful he left.

But it is amusing watching Miami fans squirm. 

• Applause 1

I Agee he is good coach, but not a head coach. His ego is

too big.He can’t let the assistants do their jobs with out interfering.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 9/18/2022 at 12:38 PM, Cockroach said:

Looks like Orgeron is already laying the groundwork to be his replacement.

My perception as well.  I think there is a reason Ed is hanging around Miami.  I know one of his son's is an asst there but I am guessing Ed has his eye on that job.

On 9/18/2022 at 12:21 PM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

I predict google sees a spike in the search for "how much is Cristobal's buyout?".

I mean... now I'm curious. How much is Miami going to end up forking out for his buyout in a couple of years? Haha

This taken from on3 miami website, where cristobal was talking about a player not playing

Oregon is now just the  "OTHER PLACE"

'in Cristobals mind,

Enter Cristobal with his fire extinguisher.

“Avantae didn’t play as much on Saturday, that’s obvious,” he told reporters when asked about Williams. “I think, look, Avantae is a good dude. He really is. Known him for a long, long time. Recruited him at the other place".

• Wow 1

Quiet, they might ask for their money back! 

Actually he will do just fine in Miami. I am sure he is doing incredibly well with that $80 milllion they will be paying him.

Playing out exactly as most thought here in Lanningland!

On 9/19/2022 at 9:50 AM, Haywarduck said:

Lanningland!

Lanningrad?

Just funnin...

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

I only watched the start of the Miama-aTm game.   Didn't see the result until today.    During the first quarter, I was surprised that Mario's prevent-O seemed to be moving the ball well.  They actually rarely ran up the middle into a pile like the OBD did last season.    But I guess he must have let his tail shown later on in the game as his team managed only 9 pts.  Ouch and good riddance!   

• Haha 1

On 9/18/2022 at 1:52 PM, Cockroach said:

I Agee he is good coach, but not a head coach. His ego is

too big.He can’t let the assistants do their jobs with out interfering.

I don't think it's his ego that's too big.  I think it's his overall team vision that's too small.  

I think he sees everything from the point of view of an Offensive lineman which is only a part of the big picture.  The guy would probably make a great O-line coach/recruiter if that's all he had in front of him.  He's a decent person, just in over his head, perhaps.

On 9/19/2022 at 2:53 PM, DuckFan93 said:

uring the first quarter, I was surprised that Mario's prevent-O seemed to be moving the ball well.  They actually rarely ran up the middle into a pile like the OBD did last season.

In fairness Moorhead put an end to the constant runs right up the middle and attacked the edges more. 2018 and 2019 Oregon ran blindly into the A-gaps all the time. 

Last year they did attack the edges more frequently. Gattis and Moorhead's offenses under Cristobal look really similar in truth which is saying they don't have as much say in their creation. 

On 9/18/2022 at 3:48 PM, Log Haulin said:

Been reading Miami fan boards. Seems a lot of Miami fans have bought into Mariø 'blame the players' tactics.

Many of us Ducks fans got caught up in blaming Brown. Turns out AB is a decent QB. 

Trust us Canes fan when we say it's all Mariø. Duck fan has hindsight. You were warned, now you get what you get.

I went and checked one of their forums and this is absolutely correct. Most blame the players and the ones who blame the play calling are called out. I find it hard to believe that their QB went from Heisman contender to scrub in 3 games. They’ll eventually figure it out, but it’s hard because they will pull off some big wins and likely win the ACC under Mario.

• Go Ducks! 1

On 9/19/2022 at 4:46 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

They’ll eventually figure it out

It took most of Oregon fans three years and a few months...

• Great post! 1

Mr. FishDuck

MariØ has everything going for him at Miami. Just like at Nebraska it will take a while for them to turn on what should be a dream pairing. But like at Nebraska it won't be pretty.

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/19/2022 at 2:02 AM, florida duck said:

This taken from on3 miami website, where cristobal was talking about a player not playing

Oregon is now just the  "OTHER PLACE"

'in Cristobals mind,

Enter Cristobal with his fire extinguisher.

“Avantae didn’t play as much on Saturday, that’s obvious,” he told reporters when asked about Williams. “I think, look, Avantae is a good dude. He really is. Known him for a long, long time. Recruited him at the other place".

He used to do the same thing when he was at Oregon.  He always  referred to Alabama as 'the place I was at previously'.  Used to drive me crazy ( I don't know why) but why not just say ' I recruited him when I was at Oregon'.

On 9/19/2022 at 4:46 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

I went and checked one of their forums and this is absolutely correct. Most blame the players and the ones who blame the play calling are called out. I find it hard to believe that their QB went from Heisman contender to scrub in 3 games. They’ll eventually figure it out, but it’s hard because they will pull off some big wins and likely win the ACC under Mario.

Clemson is in ACC?

On 9/20/2022 at 12:44 PM, debbieduck said:

Clemson is in ACC?

Yes, but they’re not too daunting. By next season Miami and Clemson will have the most talented rosters in the ACC. Mario will shrink that talent gap with his recruiting.

Although he leaves the fans scratching their heads most of the time, he can pull off big wins. The 2018 Washington game, the 2019 and 2020 Pac12 CG’s and last year’s OSU game comes to mind. 

On 9/20/2022 at 10:54 AM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Although he leaves the fans scratching their heads most of the time, he can pull off big wins. The 2018 Washington game, the 2019 and 2020 Pac12 CG’s and last year’s OSU game comes to mind. 

Yep.  And though I subscribe to the theory Mario is not a very good in-game decision maker and limited in his total team vision, with the $ and clout Miami has even he won't be able to screw it all up.  Miami will become a bit of a national power despite his bad decisions.

On 9/19/2022 at 5:53 PM, DuckFan93 said:

I only watched the start of the Miama-aTm game.   Didn't see the result until today.    During the first quarter, I was surprised that Mario's prevent-O seemed to be moving the ball well.  They actually rarely ran up the middle into a pile like the OBD did last season.    But I guess he must have let his tail shown later on in the game as his team managed only 9 pts.  Ouch and good riddance!   

Prevent O!!! Classic!