Pennsylvania Duck

WSU QB Ward has 4 TDs, beats Colorado St 38-7...Tough Next Game for Ducks

WSU flattens Colorado State 38-7 to finish perfect non-conference slate at 3-0

247SPORTS.COM

SO MUCH FOR the dreaded trap game. Washington State came out firing from the jump and rolled over Colorado State on Saturday...

Cameron Ward: "With this offense, we can beat any defense,"

PAC-12.COM

Washington State quarterback Cameron Ward joins Pac-12 Networks’ Roxy Bernstein and Lincoln Kennedy following WSU's...

From the FishDuck Feed: Football History vs Washington State University from Nov 9, 1901 - Nov 13, 2021

GODUCKS.COM

The official University of Oregon Ducks Football History vs Washington State University

If Oregon plays the way they did Saturday cougs are in trouble. The quality of play week to week has significantly trended up. No reason to think it won't this week.

Other than scoreboard this past week saw a huge jump in performance.  It's clear this team is getting comfortable with Lanning's system and understanding scheme.

I think under this coaching staff, this teams football IQ has increased across the board. Playing the Dawgs played a role in that. Huge growth from that loss. 

Cougs are often a problem in Pullman.  I think Oregon hangs 45+ on them. Ducks probably give up under 30. 

If the linebacker play from Sewell and Flowe shows up then forget about it. Those two need to find a way to get involved. Fix that and this defense is scary.

Lanning has to make it a priority. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 9/18/2022 at 9:14 PM, Log Haulin said:

If Oregon plays the way they did Saturday cougs are in trouble. The quality of play week to week has significantly trended up. No reason to think it won't this week.

Other than scoreboard this past week saw a huge jump in performance.  It's clear this team is getting comfortable with Lanning's system and understanding scheme.

I think under this coaching staff, this teams football IQ has increased across the board. Playing the Dawgs played a role in that. Huge growth from that loss. 

Cougs are often a problem in Pullman.  I think Oregon hangs 45+ on them. Ducks probably give up under 30. 

If the linebacker play from Sewell and Flowe shows up then forget about it. Those two need to find a way to get involved. Fix that and this defense is scary.

Always a scary thing to predict what happens in Pullman, but I think you're right. If the Ducks continue to improve at the same pace as the last two weeks we should beat WSU.

Would love to see the Sewell and Flowe combo start to destroy opposing offenses too. I like the staff's attitude of not risking further injury, though Flowe's injury is minor.

Without looking a tape specifically looking at Sewell I can't tell what was happening with him. His name certainly wasn't called often and I think a lot of the time they were playing toward pass coverage and he wasn't even on the field.

We'll see with WSU, they are likely to be pass first and coverage will be important. 

• Go Ducks! 1

Ducks head to Pullman expecting a tough battle against the Washington State

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon heads to Pullman, Washington for an early fall contest against a Washington State program full of confidence and...

On 9/18/2022 at 6:14 PM, Log Haulin said:

At least it is not Oct. or Nov. I always hate playing WSU as they seem very intense vs UofO.

On 9/18/2022 at 8:08 PM, OhioDuck said:

We'll see with WSU, they are likely to be pass first and coverage will be important. 

Brown and Bassa are just better in coverage than Flowe and Sewell. Teams are getting the passes off fast not giving time for Sewell and Flowe to get home and both of them seam to be a liability in pass coverage. I'm starting to think Sewell would be better on the edge where he can just pin his ears back and get after the QB or fall into the flats on pass coverage. 

• Thumbs Up 2

This game is on Lanning and the defense. In the past Oregon has had a hard time figuring out the WSU offense and shutting it down.

Interesting game based on two young first time head coaches who were defensive coordinators. Their OC's are also young guys who are hotshots.

I think this is a coaches test, and will be an interesting chess match. Who can out coach who, the next big test of Lanning as a coach of the Ducks. Can Dan Lanning out coach Dickert, and win on the road, two hurdles he needs to get over.

I would say it is the  perfect time for Lanning to give Bellotti a call and get to know how to play in Pullman. Knowing the intricacies of playing on the road could make a difference.

I look forward to how Lanning approaches this game. It is refreshing to think our coach will be game planning based on the team he is facing. We might even see adjustments based on what the other side does. A part of the game I missed, beyond just scoring lots of points.

• Thumbs Up 1

In the 'Lanning era' we have just one road game to judge things by and we all know what happened in Atlanta.  But that was Georgia.  This will only be Oregon's second road game and we get another chance to see how the Ducks play on the road against another tough opponent.

It's a fact that some teams travel & play better than others.  The Palouse isn't a massive, intimidating arena but it is one the Ducks have struggled in before.  

Will Lanning have the Ducks ready to play with the same intensity they had Saturday?  Will the secondary hold up under a pass-heavy offense?  Will the focus be there as well as the resiliency to react quickly in a hostile environment?  Under Lanning, will Oregon be just as tough to beat on the road as at home?

Big element here for the coaches is to ensure the team travels well. This can be one of the most difficult things for a new coach to do. 

I'd rather play WSU in September than November but still need to travel. That alone is going to be a challenge. 

On 9/19/2022 at 8:12 AM, David Marsh said:

Big element here for the coaches is to ensure the team travels well. This can be one of the most difficult things for a new coach to do. 

I'd rather play WSU in September than November but still need to travel. That alone is going to be a challenge. 

Seems we were thinking the exact same thing at the same time.  It's something else we need to learn about our Ducks under this new Head Coach.

Go Ducks!

Get familiar with these 5 Cougar players before the game this weekend.

247SPORTS.COM

Know the Foe: Five Washington State players to know

• Thanks 1

From the FishDuck Feed, this could be a real battle...Duck offense vs Cougar defense

• Thanks 1

Oregon must prepare for the new-look Washington State 'Coug Raid' offense

247SPORTS.COM

Washington State has swapped out the Air-Raid offense and instead installed what's now being called the Cougar Raid by new...

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1

I think we all hesitant to give the Ducks the W going there.  Versus past years, I think our coaching staff now is equipped to handle games like this.  

From the FishDuck Feed, WSU close to a sellout for titanic Cougs-Ducks tilt on Saturday. It's going to be loud.

Washington State will enter the game 19th nationally in scoring defense, and 33rd in total defense.

Oregon is No. 85 in scoring defense and 65th in total defense.  

On offense, Oregon is No. 38 in scoring offense and 48th in total offense.

Washington State is No. 90 in scoring offense and 97th in total offense.

247SPORTS.COM

WASHINGTON STATE IS closing in on a sellout for the WSU-Oregon game on Saturday (1 pm, Fox). Only 500 tickets remained as of...

From the FishDuck Feed, can Duck offense overcome Cougar defense?

According to T.J. Bass on not allowing any sacks: “It’s a tribute to not only us but running backs hopping in there protecting, tight ends, Bo getting the ball out on time, and lighting it up,” Bass said.

Read article below and find out what the offense is doing to accomplish this.

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

No. 15 Oregon (2-1) enters Saturday’s game (1 p.m., FOX) at Washington State having yet to allow a sack, one of just four FBS...

From the FishDuck Feed, read what Duck players think of the Cougar defense.

247SPORTS.COM

Washington State defensive front poses unique challenge for Duck offensive line

• Thumbs Up 1

From the FishDuck Feed, listen to both coaches talk about upcoming game Saturday.

WATCH Dan Lanning: "It's a unique atmosphere"

WATCH WSU Football: Coach Jake Dickert after Practice 9/21/22

From the FishDuck Feed yesterday: DuckTerritory's Erik Skopil and Jared Mack are joined by COUGFAN.comr's Jamey Vinnick

to preview Saturday's game between No. 15 Oregon at Washington State.

The group breaks down what makes WAZZU's defense so good, the Cameron Ward progression and what the keys to the game might be.

247SPORTS.COM

DuckTerritory's Erik Skopil and Jared Mack are joined by COUGFAN.comr's Jamey Vinnick to preview Saturday's game...

• Thumbs Up 1

From the FishDuck Feed, good article what Ducks can do to come out on top at Wazzu.

3 keys to victory for No. 18 Oregon Ducks against Washington State Cougars

Be sure to click "Continue Reading" to see all of article.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Oregon Ducks head to Pullman for a tough matchup against the Washington State Cougars on Saturday. Here are three keys...

From the FishDuck Feed, Cougar fans think this game has the feel 0f 2018, when they beat the Ducks 34-20.

WSU still has seven players from that 2018 team playing

247SPORTS.COM

PULLMAN -- So much has changed since the last time the Oregon Ducks truly came to Washington State (discounting the COVID...

From the FishDuck Feed last night, WSU defense could be a tough nut to crack for the Ducks on the road

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Oregon is going to have to contend with a vastly improved Washington State defense on Saturday.

Just like the Ducks, the Cougars have also gone through many changes since last year.

From the FishDuck Feed, this article will tell you what the changes are...

What's new with Washington State since Oregon last played the Cougars?

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Under new HC Jake Dickert, WSU is among the best defensive teams in the nation. Let’s look at what changed since Oregon...

• Thanks 1

The Ducks actually haven’t won big in Martin Stadium since 2008. The 2010 game was a 20 point win, but given final record of those two teams, it should’ve been a 50 point win. 2012 was a big win but it was in Seattle. After that, no wins there until 2020. I expect a nail biter today.

Edited by DrJacksPlaidPants

How are the Cougars viewing this game? Is this a rivalry?

Yes. Oregon hates playing WSU. The Cougs, both fans and team, circle Oregon on the calendar every year.

Someone should name this game. Let’s make a trophy.

From the FishDuck Feed, an article on this game from the Cougar's point of view.

WWW.COUGCENTER.COM

The Washington State Cougars host the Oregon Ducks in an early-season test for both teams.

He had a great game against one of the worst teams in all of college football