Charles Fischer

Oregon a Six-Point Favorite vs. Washington State? No!

I do not like this at all.  Their QB is telling the Pac-12 Network that "no defense can stop our offense."  Lovely...this smells like a Trap-Game to me!

It's a Trap!" at the Cross-Section of Memes, Parody, and Fandom Legacy

Mr. FishDuck

I'll be the Ducks! WSU game at Wisconsin had 6 turnovers, 3 on each side.  

WSU could be winless for the last 20 and I would be worried about playing them in Pullman, weird stuff happens there.  You just hope that we will be focused on making sure we have the same mindset that our opponent this week is Oregon, the goal is to continue to improve, we focus on that we'll be okay, if we believe we've turned the corner and everything is now just going to work out for us, we'll be in trouble.  

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

Oregon hasn't forced too many turnovers yet. WSU is pretty turnover prone. They had a bunch against Wisconsin and their QB threw a pick last week to Colorado State. 

Our secondary needs to play tough and give time for our front seven to get some pressure. 

Their defense is going to play though but can they sustain it? We have better players than Wisconsin and if Oregon can leverage that talent our offense will be too difficult to stop. 

With all that said this is till WSU which has been a thorn in our side for years now. So please Lanning, burry them under a pile of points and keep piling it on, this is a team that has a nasty habit of coming back to bite us. 

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Great post! 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

WSU deserves to be ranked for this game.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

"The enemy of enemy still needs to be thrashed."

WSU 2015_Kevin Cline.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

On 9/19/2022 at 1:17 AM, Charles Fischer said:

"The enemy of enemy still needs to be thrashed."

WSU 2015_Kevin Cline.jpg

The Cougs may feel disrespected and feel motivated to beat Oregon to get the attention of pollsters.

The Ducks must play tough and smart on every snap like they did against BYU. Another week to battle Cougars.

Can our DB's step up this week? Can the Ducks defenders hurry the passer, deflect balls with hands up, and get more than the one sack (.5 x 2) of the last game?

• Thumbs Up 1

DB's are going to be critical, Bridges just doesn't seam to have the quickness and change of direction that a DB needs. I think it's time to put Manning in and move Bridges to safety as he has good instincts. Manning had his own faults but I think consistent playing time would do wonders for him.

Bassa should start this game regardless if Flowe is healthy he just better in coverage.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I think 6 points is fair.  This is WSU's arena and a difficult one for Oregon in the past.  WSU has 3 wins and one of them was against a Big 10 team on the road.  They probably deserve a ranking.

• Thumbs Up 1

Having looked at the WSU game highlights, I don't see them as a legit top 25 team...EVEN with their win over a (self-defeating) Wisconsin team.  But what I do fear is their Air Raid attack.  The Ducks' db's are not the team's strong suit.  It will be up to TL to install a package to stifle that short passing game.  The Ducks have traditionally sucked at defending the short passing game.  Hopefully, this year reverses that trend.

All that said, I can't wait for the game and I see it as a big, pick the 'over' bet for the Ducks in a shootout.  Our offense is much superior to Wisconsin's and will score LOTS of points.  (Charles will be happy with our team reaching the 45 point threshold.)

Edited by Mudslide
  • Go Ducks! 1

I was watching the replay of BYU. Tried to watch Sewell a little closer. Looked to me like Sewell did pretty well in coverage. The plays I saw, Sewell man wasn't targeted. Noah had coverage to make a play if he was targeted. 

Maybe his pass coverage has been coached up? Looked decent to me. If Noah has put an emphasis in defending the pass, could help a lot v. WSU.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 9/18/2022 at 9:19 PM, David Marsh said:

burry them under a pile of points and keep piling it on, this is a team that has a nasty habit of coming back to bite us. 

Yup, this isn't the game to get the backups in and be cordial.  Oregon needs to score fast and often and keep WSU out of this game.

I can guarantee the national media is looking for Oregon to get soft and forget to play one of these games.

• Thumbs Up 1

Going to the Palouse is like entering the Bermuda Triangle; strange things happen. I always fear games in Pullman. And, WSU will throw and throw, attacking the weak point of the Ducks' defense. Stay nervous, my friends.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/19/2022 at 8:49 AM, Mudslide said:

It will be up to TL to install a package to stifle that short passing game.  The Ducks have traditionally sucked at defending the short passing game

Absolutely. The crossing patterns have crossed our secondaries up for years, 12-17 yards time after time, and to mix it up a quick pitch to the RB.

On 9/19/2022 at 12:20 PM, jrw said:

Going to the Palouse is like entering the Bermuda Triangle; strange things happen. I always fear games in Pullman. And, WSU will throw and throw, attacking the weak point of the Ducks' defense. Stay nervous, my friends.

Understand your reasoning, but I'm not staying nervous. I expect a solid victory.

I know WSU has something to prove and that motivates them.

But I think Oregon is still a team with something to prove. I've hear national pundit saying, "Yeah, but BYU had some key injuries..." They still don't believe.

We need to play hungry, we need to get better every day, and I think we will. 

I know Pullman is always a challenge, but I think these guys are ready for that challenge. Go Ducks!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Let’s hope! 1

Oregon is ranked 114th in passing defense. This concerns me.

The only saving grace is that BYU is ranked 33rd in passing offense, and put up over 300 passing yards on Oregon, but Oregon won.

WSUs passing attack ranks 77th. Rushing is 107th. 

Oregon wins if they play clean, mistake free ball, ... and pile on a bunch of points. 

Go Ducks!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Yikes! 1

On 9/18/2022 at 8:07 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Their QB is telling the Pac-12 Network that "no defense can stop our offense." 

That's a cool, confident thing to say when you know Georgia isn't on your schedule. 

• Haha 3
  • Great post! 1

When has Pullman ever not been a trap game? Even when they’re favored, they never seem to lose touch with that disrespected, ‘little engine that could’ mentality. Pullman has always been, and will always be a place to just grind it out and take care of business.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 9/18/2022 at 8:07 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I do not like this at all.  Their QB is telling the Pac-12 Network that "no defense can stop our offense."  Lovely...this smells like a Trap-Game to me!

It's a Trap!" at the Cross-Section of Memes, Parody, and Fandom Legacy

Coaches LOVE to use these quotes as motivation.  I hope every player posts this on their locker.

On 9/19/2022 at 9:24 AM, 30Duck said:

Absolutely. The crossing patterns have crossed our secondaries up for years, 12-17 yards time after time, and to mix it up a quick pitch to the RB.

Maybe Lanning can figure it out.  I don't think Lupoi did at either Cal or Wash.  Am I wrong you Pac-12 historians?  Frankly, I can't remember well enough.  Last thing we want is a shootout in a road game.  Best that O should win 45-17 or such...

Edited by Mic

I have to be totally honest, our Secondary is giving up a ton of yards, BYU I think had 10 passes incomplete, Gonzalez has been a stud but it gets a little sketchy after that. So yes I am worried about any passing team like wash st, scary thought. We're better  but not where we should be yet

On 9/18/2022 at 9:24 PM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

Yes, they do.

That said, they still 'deserve' a thrashing.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/19/2022 at 4:35 PM, Jannyoakley said:

I am cautiously optimistic about this game.  It's their first away game since Georgia, and even though anyone who would have played or has played them would have lost, it's still very different when you are away. The last time my brother in law went to a wsu vs Oregon game at wsu, the fans were horrible.  They were throwing things at the duck fans and whenever security came around they stopped.  I see this as kind of a last test.  I think they learned a lot from the Georgia game and they have really pulled themselves together.  I just hope the coach learned not to take out the first string to early.  GO DUCKS!!!!

Janny...it is great to see your first post and I hope you will share your thoughts often.  WELCOME!

Mr. FishDuck

On 9/19/2022 at 4:39 PM, Mic said:

Yes, they do.

That said, they still 'deserve' a thrashing.

Yes. WSU deserves to be ranked and Ducks deserve a playing three ranked teams in four games narrative.

If Vanderbilt started out 3-0 with a road win over a ranked Big 10 team, they’d be ranked.

On 9/18/2022 at 9:24 PM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

WSU, as well as OSU, have received a lot of votes on both the AP and the Coaches polls.  Both are close to top 25 ranking.

On 9/19/2022 at 4:35 PM, Jannyoakley said:

I just hope the coach learned not to take out the first string to early.

Growing pains for a first year head coach! I think the coaches all sat around and watched the film and agree with you and all of us that the end of the 3rd quarter is too early to put in the reserves. This coaching staff has already shown changes made from lessons learned. 

On 9/21/2022 at 10:31 AM, Jannyoakley said:

Well my brother in law is going to the wsu game.  Hopefully the fans will behave a little better than before.  I think the ducks will come out on top in this game.  GO DUCKS!

The weather is going to be nice. 70 and sunny. I was there in 2014 and while they didn’t bother any of us, their fans threw drinks on the field at Devon Allen when he scored on a long catch and run. It was a night game so everyone was probably pretty juiced up.

Well, if you can handle 1 Cougar you can likely handle 2.😂  Seriously though, great road test for the Ducks.  I think Oregon dominates.

Just a reminder not all behavior represents Coug nation. 😉

Tips for Martin Stadium:

1. get tickets in the visitor section and the odds are you will be among friends.

2. get better seats elsewhere and odds are you will be among classier enemies. 

3. get tickets on the sidewalk and you're sitting next to couisin Eddy.

I've tried all of the above.