David Marsh

Go Buffs! (I Guess....)

Colorado plays Texas today. Though I think texas will probably win out, we as Oregon and by extension pac-12 fans should be rooting for the ONLY other Pac-12 team playing in a bowl game. 

Oddly enough this year the Pac-12 is only playing big-12 teams for bowl season.

Now if.. if Colorado and Oregon win their games they can both make a statement, even a minor one, that the pac-12 still draws breath. 

So... Go Buffs... I guess. 

The PAC12 desperately needs every win they can get right now. I will be rooting for the Buffs as they take on Texas. If Colorado and our Ducks can beat both of these Big12 teams we might be just a little bit less irrelevant than before. 

SPOILERS!

At the half Colorado is putting up on hell of a fight. They could win this game if they can keep it going.

Nevermind... it has gotten quite ugly in the second half.

7 hours ago, David Marsh said:

Nevermind... it has gotten quite ugly in the second half.

Just another way of proving the Pac-12 is "irrelevant"

Well, that didn't go how I hoped. Colorado defense no showed in a big way.

Local boy Sam Noyer looked horrible and got benched. Major bummer. 

Still a little surprised the coaches had him at second team all league.

Super-Ducks to the Pac-12 rescue again?  It is up to Our Beloved Ducks to save the pride of the Pac-12, after that ugly beat-down on Colorado by a mid-lin Big-12 team?  That was a worst scenario outcome for the conference...

Mr. FishDuck

52 minutes ago, Jon Joseph said:

THIS is the conference's 2nd/3rd best team? Of course, the Utes were also Bevo'd last year.

More fodder for the ESPN conference naysayers. Even more reason why Oregon has to defeat Iowa State.

One of the consequences of the messed up season that was 2020. Credit to Colorado for winning its games, and they probably are the 3rd best team in the conference. But, unfortunately, that game revealed what we've been saying for a while. In Pac-12 football, it's Oregon, then USC, then all the rest.

Georgia, and Florida & Texas A & M, don't really have a chance of getting invited to the Invitational. LSU can drop by, with Ohio State and Clemson, and because of that, the SEC & B1G get talked about, and on TV. Clemson & Notre Dame have their own Networks.

The Pac-12 is Oregon & USC,  most of the country can name the other 10.  

From watching the Alamo Bowl... Or as much of it that was interesting... I don't think USC would have faired terribly well against Texas. 

USC would have kept the game closer but I don't think USC would have walked away with a win.