SoGaDawg

New-Look Ducks

I know it’s been beaten into the ground, but I had to reiterate the feeling.  Not only do they look so much better than last season, they are absolutely a different team than in week 1.

I’m growing a bit tired of hearing “but they weren’t playing GA”.  Because they were playing a team that was really good last season and returned 18 starters.  And the Ducks dominated them.  Nothing against BYU, but they were never in this game.  The score could have been much worse.

Every aspect of the Ducks game improved dramatically.  On defense, personally I was impressed with guys being where they should be, reacting quickly, and mostly just tackling very well.  UGA offense killed the Ducks on the perimeter and the Ducks played much better in that area. 

On offense, so much looked great.  Even while missing Cardwell, there seemed to be no stopping them.  I was particularly impressed with Irving and true freshman James at RB.  Nix played confident and was in control.  I honestly think he helped the confidence of the players around him.  

I’m a huge Dawgs fan and I can honestly tell you that if they played again Saturday I believe the game would look much different.  I’m not saying the Ducks would win, GA looks a bit ridiculous so far, but it would be a much different game.  And if the Ducks keep improving at this rate, who knows what they will look like in late Nov. and beyond.  Could be an interesting rematch brewing towards the end of the year.  

What impressed you guys the most?  As said above, for me it was the defense reacting much quicker and tackling much better.  

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 4
  • Thumbs Up 12

On 9/19/2022 at 3:25 PM, SoGaDawg said:

What impressed you guys the most?  As said above, for me it was the defense reacting much quicker and tackling much better.  

Their intensity.  Lanning's lit a fire under them that was missing in their first game.  I honestly think they were intimidated somewhat, esp after a couple of misfires.  They're playing now like they expect to win instead of lose.

Edited by Mic
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 9/19/2022 at 6:32 PM, Mic said:

Their intensity.  Lanning's lit a fire under them that was missing in their first game.  I honestly think they were intimidated somewhat, esp after a couple of misfires.  They're playing now like they expect to win instead of lose.

I agree, I feel like Oregon’s coaches are really doing a fantastic job

• Thumbs Up 3

Like you said,  the level of play has dramatically increased week to week. The margins aren't subtle, huge jumps every week.

It's not just the players getting better in the system, it's the coaching staff getting better implementing the system, teaching the players how everything fits from position group to position group  

Ducks are becoming a very good football team. The beat down from the Dawgs just might be the most valuable and productive game Ducks have played.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 9/19/2022 at 3:41 PM, Log Haulin said:

The beat down from the Dawgs just might be the most valuable and productive game Ducks have played.

Considering the talent and the coaching at Georgia....the rest of the schedule will seem much easier in comparison for the players.

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

One thing I failed to mention was the offensive line play. Dominate play there

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 9/19/2022 at 3:41 PM, Log Haulin said:

Ducks are becoming a very good football team. The beat down from the Dawgs just might be the most valuable and productive game Ducks have played.

I felt pretty strongly that after such a difficult start to the new "Lanning era" as going on the road to play the reigning National Champs was going to either make or break this team for the rest of the season.

How Lanning was able to regroup this bunch of young men after such a thorough beating was remarkable.  Having EWU (a decent FCS team) next was a lucky (?) break and he sure didn't waste it.  He's not only regrouped them, he's inspired them.  The Wazoo test next week will be very interesting as they go back out onto the road into a very hostile environment.  I can't wait to see what happens.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

On 9/19/2022 at 4:00 PM, SoGaDawg said:

One thing I failed to mention was the offensive line play. Dominate play there

O line play was the bright spot in Atlanta. I thought they had some chops and played Dawgs front seven tough.

Ducks put up more rushing yards than UGA us used to surrendering. UGA didn't record a single sack. Ducks line hasn't given up a sack all year. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 9/19/2022 at 7:12 PM, Log Haulin said:

O line play was the bright spot in Atlanta. I thought they had some chops and played Dawgs front seven tough.

Ducks put up more rushing yards than UGA us used to surrendering. UGA didn't record a single sack. Ducks line hasn't given up a sack all year. 

Agreed, the O-line play was great and it wasn’t really surprising.  They more than held their own against GA.  

• Thumbs Up 1

No, they haven't which is great.  They haven't gotten many sacks of their opponents either.  That needs to change next Saturday.  You just know Dickert will have Ward ready, cocked & locked to test that young secondary of O's.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's funny, the more I think about that loss to UGA the more I view it as a win for Oregon. Everything the Duck will be in the future under Lanning,  will be built from that loss in Atlanta. 

Lanning's ability to regroup and lead this team to the level of play they have shown the past 2 weeks is amazing.

That happened because of Atlanta. Yea, that loss is supper important. If Lanning can win it all someday, that loss, imo, will have played a major role 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

UGA offense killed the Ducks on the perimeter and the Ducks played much better in that area. 

I agree Oregon looked so much better especially on the perimeter but Georgia has a double tap against most teams IMHO.  Georgia recruits better athletes at nearly every positions AND Georgia is developing their talent at a very high level.  BYU gets credit for developing their talent at a high level but the recruiting differences are unfortunately very stark.  Here are the last 5 classes from 247 sports:

Year    BYU    Oregon    Georgia
2022    #56    #13          #3
2021    #77    #6            #4
2020    #80    #12          #1
2019    #81    #7            #2
2018    #78    #13          #1

In those five classes BYU has recruited a total of three 4-star players.  Now I'm not in the camp that thinks stars are everything because both Marcus Mariota and Justin Herbert were three star recruits and they grade out slightly above average.  Work ethic means a lot when it comes down to players developing and sometimes HS recruits peak early or don't show their top end out of high school.

I'm absolutely not trying to take anything away from Georgia, they have 100% earned the #1 spot.  The truth is it's rarified air with Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson and now Georgia.  Oregon is seeking to get there but the program needs to get stability and even better recruiting to break through to win a national championship.  I absolutely BELIEVE in this coaching staff!  

I'd like to believe that CFB allows for a Cinderella story but the last 20 years of evidence is just mostly to the contrary.  Oregon got as close as anyone under Chip's spread with a three and four star roster but he had to outmaneuver most of the conventions of football defenses to get there.  We very nearly did it under Helfrich in 2015 but Ohio State's offense helmed by their 3rd string QB proved too much for Oregon's defense and Ohio State had figured out some of the formula to mitigate the spread by that game. 

I do however have real hope that the rest of Oregon's season will be good, potentially very very good.  If the PAC is to stay alive Oregon has to carry the banner and that means success on the field and in recruiting.  Images like this give me hope that Oregon will continue to do extremely well recruiting SoCal especially when USC begins to get mangled by Ohio State and/or Lincoln Riley gets the NFL payday he's looking for.  

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 9/19/2022 at 7:27 PM, Duck Fan 76 said:

I agree Oregon looked so much better especially on the perimeter but Georgia has a double tap against most teams IMHO.  Georgia recruits better athletes at nearly every positions AND Georgia is developing their talent at a very high level.  BYU gets credit for developing their talent at a high level but the recruiting differences are unfortunately very stark.  Here are the last 5 classes from 247 sports:

Year    BYU    Oregon    Georgia
2022    #56    #13          #3
2021    #77    #6            #4
2020    #80    #12          #1
2019    #81    #7            #2
2018    #78    #13          #1

In those five classes BYU has recruited a total of three 4-star players.  Now I'm not in the camp that thinks stars are everything because both Marcus Mariota and Justin Herbert were three star recruits and they grade out slightly above average.  Work ethic means a lot when it comes down to players developing and sometimes HS recruits peak early or don't show their top end out of high school.

I'm absolutely not trying to take anything away from Georgia, they have 100% earned the #1 spot.  The truth is it's rarified air with Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson and now Georgia.  Oregon is seeking to get there but the program needs to get stability and even better recruiting to break through to win a national championship.  I absolutely BELIEVE in this coaching staff!  

I'd like to believe that CFB allows for a Cinderella story but the last 20 years of evidence is just mostly to the contrary.  Oregon got as close as anyone under Chip's spread with a three and four star roster but he had to outmaneuver most of the conventions of football defenses to get there.  We very nearly did it under Helfrich in 2015 but Ohio State's offense helmed by their 3rd string QB proved too much for Oregon's defense and Ohio State had figured out some of the formula to mitigate the spread by that game. 

I do however have real hope that the rest of Oregon's season will be good, potentially very very good.  If the PAC is to stay alive Oregon has to carry the banner and that means success on the field and in recruiting.  Images like this give me hope that Oregon will continue to do extremely well recruiting SoCal especially when USC begins to get mangled by Ohio State and/or Lincoln Riley gets the NFL payday he's looking for.  

Yeah, there is no secret to GA’s success.  It’s bc of great recruiting and great coaching.  Having better players doesn’t guarantee anything, but it certainly helps.  

BYU has surely maximized their talent, but that can only take you so far.  With all the changes taking place it’s hard to know what the future looks like for the PAC-12.  But I honestly think Oregon is not necessarily in a bad situation.  Especially if they build on what they are doing right now.  It helps that Oregon is a national brand.  It’s very possible that Oregon becomes the premier flagship program for the PAC-12, and having even one powerhouse program changes the dynamic for the conference.  

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/19/2022 at 4:54 PM, SoGaDawg said:

having even one powerhouse program changes the dynamic for the conference

Just look at Clemson!

• Applause 1

On 9/19/2022 at 7:58 PM, Duck Fan 76 said:

Just look at Clemson!

Absolutely 

On 9/19/2022 at 7:58 PM, Duck Fan 76 said:

Just look at Clemson!

Speaking to your comment about CFB allowing a Cinderella story.  I think it might be more than possible in the future.  The way teams take advantage of the transfer portal it seems like it might be inevitable that we see a championship come out of nowhere at some point.  

Edited by SoGaDawg
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/19/2022 at 8:38 PM, cartm25 said:

I think the biggest difference maker in creating a "Cinderella" team is moving to a 12-team playoff.

The 4-team playoff consolidated power even further in the already powerful programs: Bama, GA, tOSU, Clemson, Oklahoma. "The only way to compete for, and win, a championship is play with us. You can't do that playing in the P-12." says the aforementioned teams' coaches.

Imagine teams in the West telling recruits, "You can compete for, and play in, national championships by playing for us right where you grew up, here in your own back yard. And all your friends and family can come and watch you. You don't have to only play for ____________ (enter any of the aforementioned teams)."

I had not considered that.  You certainly make a good point.  12 team playoff makes it more likely to see a Cinderella story.  And yes it should absolutely make it a bit easier for west coast programs to hold on to those amazing west coast recruits.  

I will not attempt to name all, but through the BCS era and Playoff era there have certainly been a few teams that didn’t make the cut that I believed were more than worthy.  So I’m for a 12 team playoff. 

At first I was against it bc it takes away the importance of regular season games, but that is just myself being a traditionalist.  It will make for an outstanding post season.  And give good teams that hit their peak late a chance.  It should make for some great CFB.

I’m pleased/impressed by the team’s growth. That can only happen with good coaching and a team that believes in their coaches. This was an impressive win against a good team. If we can play like this at WSU then watch out. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Lighting in a bottle.  Chip almost had it.  Helfrich caught a glimpse of it.  Dan Lanning, does he grab it and lights up Oregon's future.

Oregon wants to play at the Big Boys Level.  Ducks always up for the challenges.  With the help of great alumni, lead by Phil and Penny Knight.  They along with others have set the foundation for prospective student/athletes in all sports at Oregon.  New and state of the art facilities for training, indoor/outdoor, climate control, strength and conditioning, health and recovery, academic support along with great  coaches/teachers for the sports.

Gene Chizik, Ed Orgeron and I am sure there are others whom, have had the schedule, the staff, the players and bounce that gave them the National Title.  Oregon has been there and watched the ball bounce away from them before.  Some questionable calls against Auburn.  Not showing up for the Buckeyes after handing FSU their Hat.  Been in the conversation now time to Finish with authority.

Looking for the Head Coach and assistants that take this program to the Promised Land.  Competitive, year after year, sending athletes to the pro's.  And mostly, putting a smile on the faces of those who believed so deeply in the Oregon Way.

• Thumbs Up 1

What impressed you guys the most?   

One guy.image.jpeg.829e3e7f2e6b3a0596a9838f514e3bc2.jpeg

The difference is staggering, and we are only just beginning to understand the impact on the field

image.jpeg.081b630ed44c4173bc4f1ec76719f3dd.jpeg

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

On 9/19/2022 at 8:22 PM, EzDucksIt said:

Lighting in a bottle.  Chip almost had it. 

Almost?

Had he stayed at University a bit longer, he'd had it patented. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/19/2022 at 6:23 PM, SoGaDawg said:

12 team playoff makes it more likely to see a Cinderella story.

I agree with that point as well as your point on the transfer portal.  I'm however extremely grateful for the modified transfer window rules to calm some of the chaos of the portal.  

There are four big trends currently working the way through CFB transforming the sport in unique ways:

1) Broadcast Consolidation (ESPN and Fox)

2) NIL

3) Transfer Portal

4) BCS Expansion

That many moving parts across a distributed network makes predicting the future of CFB a fools game in my opinion.  In math we call such a system complex which means small changes have outsized impacts in a way that isn't obvious.

I think the effects of "Broadcast Consolidation" are mostly negative, I mean who thinks having only Fox and ESPN covering games is good for the sport?  The net result may be the destruction of the regional conferences and much of CFB's history.  I'm not sure how this one plays out to be honest.  Maybe congress gets involved since there are so many public dollars in the mix.

NIL is still evolving and like most things there are good and bad things associated with it.  I love the idea of the athletes recovering their rights and getting to earn some cash but I absolutely hate some of the abuses categorized as "collectives".  I'm also not sure how this one plays out.

With the modified transfer windows the portal I think is mostly a net gain to all but the highest tier programs.  The days of Pete Carrol sending guys to the NFL that never played a down at USC are probably over and that's good for the sport.  Let the best players play.

I believe the BCS expansion does exactly what you said, it lowers some of the impacts of regular season games but opens up the possibility of a true Cinderella story (likely with significant help from the transfer portal).  I would say there is the possibility of an unintended positive from lowering the impact of regular season games.  With less desperation to play perfect we could hopefully see fewer injuries and a bit more experimentation in CFB.

In general I'm not gloom and doom on the sport like most fans my age.  Sitting in Autzen stadium I can see plenty of passion for the game.  The CFB experience brings a local excitement that the NFL can't match since college towns are smaller and more widespread.  I mean is the Rose Bowl empty because everyone in LA is getting their Rams and Chargers fix on?  That's not even a possibility for Oregon.

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

While I give Chip, a lot of credit with the great seasons with him as OC and HC.  With out the other coaches, he is UCLA, San Fran and Philly.  Not the Super Star he was, at Oregon.  If it had been all Chip Kelly, as it is with Nick Saban or Urban Meyer, UCLA would be a Power in South LA.

It makes me sad he is not that Super Star but it shows us, that lightning in the bottle was about more at Oregon.  Those coaches, Aliotti, Greatwood, Campbell, Pellum, Neal, Osborne and Radcliffe were great teachers too.  They made a difference in turning a idea into reality.  Executed at a high level with players with potential and heart.  Go Ducks!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/19/2022 at 5:25 PM, SoGaDawg said:

I have to say that for me the most impressive part has been how when a weakness has been shown, how quickly they get it coached up and fixed.  Poor tackling, improved. Setting the edge, improved. Downfield shots, happening. 

Now it's just a matter of opposite CB and a pass rush. If CDL & Co can get that shored up for this weekend, I'll be one happy duck!

• Thumbs Up 2

I know it’s been beaten into the ground, but I had to reiterate the feeling.  Not only do they look so much better than last season, they are absolutely a different team than in week 1.

I’m growing a bit tired of hearing “but they weren’t playing GA”.  Because they were playing a team that was really good last season and returned 18 starters.  And the Ducks dominated them.  Nothing against BYU, but they were never in this game.  The score could have been much worse.

Every aspect of the Ducks game improved dramatically.  On defense, personally I was impressed with guys being where they should be, reacting quickly, and mostly just tackling very well.  UGA offense killed the Ducks on the perimeter and the Ducks played much better in that area. 

On offense, so much looked great.  Even while missing Cardwell, there seemed to be no stopping them.  I was particularly impressed with Irving and true freshman James at RB.  Nix played confident and was in control.  I honestly think he helped the confidence of the players around him.  

I’m a huge Dawgs fan and I can honestly tell you that if they played again Saturday I believe the game would look much different.  I’m not saying the Ducks would win, GA looks a bit ridiculous so far, but it would be a much different game.  And if the Ducks keep improving at this rate, who knows what they will look like in late Nov. and beyond.  Could be an interesting rematch brewing towards the end of the year.  

Bo playing under control was what I enjoyed most.  He is capable however, of 300+ yards from here on out.  

• Thumbs Up 1

I believe he looks better than AB was at this point in the season.  He seems to be settling down too.  Be a great field general and manage this offense.  Go Ducks!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/20/2022 at 9:40 AM, debbieduck said:

Bo playing under control was what I enjoyed most.  He is capable however, of 300+ yards from here on out.  

Well said, Debbie.  

Under control, for me, would include not taking unnecessary chances with his body like the one he took late in the 4th Qtr. against BYU when he attempted to get all 10 yards by himself running the ball, up 18 pts..  He took quite a hit and was lucky (imo) he wasn't seriously hurt on that play.

A one-yard sneak or a four-yard dive across the down marker is one thing. That risk was entirely another.

Edited by Mic
  • Applause 1
  • Like 1

On 9/20/2022 at 9:47 AM, Mic said:

Well said, Debbie.  

Under control, for me, would include not taking unnecessary chances with his body like the one he took late in the 4th Qtr. against BYU when he attempted to get all 10 yards by himself running the ball, up 18 pts..  He took quite a hit and was lucky (imo) he wasn't seriously hurt on that play.

A one-yard sneak or a four-yard dive across the down marker is one thing. That risk was entirely another.

I did remind me of Dixon and Adams when he led with his head like that. But that’s Bo.

It’s like my husband.  I take the bad with the good.  

• Haha 3

On 9/20/2022 at 10:19 AM, debbieduck said:

I did remind me of Dixon and Adams when he led with his head like that. But that’s Bo.

We all do, it is what makes the game exciting and fun.  Until that injury and time off has you worry about how to pay the bills, now.  I would just like him to understand, Bo, not your husband, to play smart.  The game was in control and hero plays does not benefit the team and trust the process.

I hope athletes see that if you play smart, your talent will be seen by those you most want to notice.  That those connections on the field are strengthened.  Coaches become more confident and build on your abilities.

On 9/20/2022 at 10:19 AM, debbieduck said:

And Justin Herbert when he was hurt at the goal line and missed a good number of games.  Do Duck fans think Ty Thompson or Jay Butterfield are ready to take the reins and run this new offense in his place should he get hurt?  Will Oregon be as dynamic without Bo?

It's funny, after the Georgia game fans were clamoring for Ty or Jay to get the start.  After these last two games, fans are clamoring for Bo to do even more.  Well, injuries are always a part of the game and players can get hurt on any play.  Then things can change fast.

Here's hoping Bo doesn't get hurt needlessly (nor anyone else) and the Oregon offensive engine continues to rev up and roar.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is from last week against EWU but you can just see in the BYU game how the coaching staff is taking hold and molding this as their program.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 9/20/2022 at 10:56 AM, Mic said:

It's funny, after the Georgia game fans were clamoring for Ty or Jay to get the start.  After these last two games, fans are clamoring for Bo to do even more.  Well, injuries are always a part of the game and players can get hurt on any play.  Then things can change fast.

And all it will take will be a loss against WSU, and or a couple pics for people to want the back-ups. I don't think the coaches will be moved, but the back-ups are getting valuable practice time. They are also getting invaluable counsel from a guy who has been there, done that, Bo Nix.

This is Bo's team, and the coaches will continue to get the back-ups ready. We won't have an Alamo Bowl moment when the back-up hadn't even had practice snaps, our backup center at the time.

I may want to see some things different, but I have complete faith Lanning and Co. will make as good as a decision as possible. I also know I am about as schooled in knowing football to be dangerously ignorant, but I will keep posting my opinions anyway.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

On 9/20/2022 at 12:24 PM, Haywarduck said:

I also know I am about as schooled in knowing football to be dangerously ignorant, but I will keep posting my opinions anyway.

My dad always told me "be smart enough to know you don't know everything".  

I'm smart enough to know I know about as much about football as I need to make a fool of myself if I try to pretend I know more than I do.  Or something like that...

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/20/2022 at 12:24 PM, Haywarduck said:

This is Bo's team

Agreed, it's great to see Bo thriving in the system and I really hope he stays healthy and keeps developing.  He had a rough time in Auburn and I would love to see him cap his college years with a truly positive experience.  

Technically he has another year of eligibility for next season but I believe Bo wanted this year at Oregon to show his skills in the best light so he can go to the NFL in the Spring.

That would mean this will likely be Ty's team next year so his and Jay's continued development is absolutely crucial to the program and Bo is a huge help there.

On 9/20/2022 at 12:42 PM, Duck Fan 76 said:

That would mean this will likely be Ty's team next year so his and Jay's continued development is absolutely crucial to the program and Bo is a huge help there.

So I was thinking, but Steven A tells us (in the Oregon/Auburn Trade thread) that Bo might actually have another year of eligibility?  Not that he would want to play another year but - he might.  Then what?

On 9/21/2022 at 9:00 AM, Mic said:

So I was thinking, but Steven A tells us (in the Oregon/Auburn Trade thread) that Bo might actually have another year of eligibility?  Not that he would want to play another year but - he might.  Then what?

I'd say if he stays fine. If he leaves fine. I'm down with who ever the coaching staff feels deserves playing time. Who ever leaves because of those decisions would have been the back ups anyway. It is up to TT to begin the TT era. If he can't beat out a returning Nix or an incoming Moore, then that's the way the cookie crumbles.

At first I was wondering why transfer running back Bucky Irving was getting prime reps above the guys we expected to get those snaps. Now I'm just glad we seem to have a solid starting RB with a good group behind him. Guys will continue to transfer out and in to the program and the team will soon turn into a roster that reflects the direction of the coaching staff so it's all good in the end to me.

If the Ducks run the table, maybe we'll get to see a week 1 rematch. 😎 

On 9/21/2022 at 9:00 AM, Mic said:

Not that he would want to play another year but - he might.  Then what?

I assume you mean would Ty transfer?  Hard to say, he's very talented and could already be playing at a lot of schools.  That breaks down to a very personal decision on his part and we should support him to do what is best for him.  The odds are overwhelmingly in favor of this being Bo's last year no matter what so I really think next year Ty's the Oregon QB unless Jay passes him in development but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Dante Moore coming in next year is likely going to be a phenom but there is zero chance I would think he beats out Ty and Jay for the job.  My best guess (a dumb move on my part) is that Bo plays this year, Ty plays for 2 years and then Dante Moore gets the start as a redshirt sophomore.

Edited by Duck Fan 76
  • Thumbs Up 1

All these guys; Ty, Jay & Dante got the physical tools.  The question is who will get the mental side the quickest.  Because once the game starts slowing down for them then that's where their physical tools will really start to shine.   

We see all the time,  good college quarterbacks who may not have the big arm lead their teams to wins because they can process and make good split second decisions.   But it's really special when you see quarterbacks who have both talents.  

DL has said if you are good enough you are old enough.   So if Dante comes in next year and he shows the ability to process what is happening and makes good decisions, better than Jay or Ty he will start.   

On 9/19/2022 at 8:22 PM, EzDucksIt said:

Oregon has been there and watched the ball bounce away from them before.  Some questionable calls against Auburn.  Not showing up for the Buckeyes after handing FSU their Hat.  Been in the conversation now time to Finish with authority.

The closest, I think even closer than, "Dyer was down" was 2007. Dixon gets through that season, wins the Heisman, the Ducks win the Natty, who knows where Oregon is in the hierarchy of college football now?

• Like 1

On 9/21/2022 at 1:20 PM, Quackerbacker said:

DL has said if you are good enough you are old enough.   So if Dante comes in next year and he shows the ability to process what is happening and makes good decisions, better than Jay or Ty he will start.   

I remember Mariota was "frustrated" that it took him a couple weeks to get the offense down.   🙃