DrJacksPlaidPants

Oregon/Auburn Trade. Who Got the Better Deal?

It seems that Ashford might end up a the QB1 for Auburn. That said, which team made out better? Oregon with Nix or Auburn with Ashford, James and Jones? 

I think Auburn got 3 really good players as seen from their stats in The Oregonian article. However, the Ducks need a QB who can run Dillingham’s offense while the others learn. I have a feeling we would be 1-2 without Nix at this point.

WWW.SATURDAYDOWNSOUTH.COM

Playing 2 QBs has served to limit Auburn's offensive production. Will coach Bryan Harsin choose 1...

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Tracking how former Oregon players and signees performed during Week 3 of the 2022 seaso

As Oregon has a real chance of winning the Pac-12 Championship and all those players would have been buried on our depth chart... Oregon. 

Considering the fact that: 1) Ashford has at least two more years of eligibility remaining and Bo is finished after this year,

and

2) Ty Thompson & Jay Butterford also have at least years remaining apiece,  

Then, on this front Oregon wins, narrowly. 

On 9/20/2022 at 11:12 AM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Tracking how former Oregon players and signees performed during Week 3 of the 2022 seaso

Holy macaroni, Batman!  

That's a total of 35 former Ducks (by my count) playing elsewhere.  One of my favs Micah Pittman just never panned out like I thought he would, even with is new team (so far) Florida St.  I also forgot Henry Kattleman had transferred.

Frankly, we could use DJ James at corner right now, even though he does not have huge speed and would be picked on now anyway.  I am surprised that Manning hasn't won the spot...

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 9/20/2022 at 1:21 PM, Mic said:

and Bo is finished after this year

He says so, but I believe he has another year of eligibility.

• Thumbs Up 2

Time will tell, but I will always root for Robby Ashford. He had it all, and a gun for an arm.

On 9/20/2022 at 8:40 PM, Haywarduck said:

Time will tell, but I will always root for Robby Ashford. He had it all, and a gun for an arm.

I was always rooting for him to be the guy at Oregon. He would do great in this offence. The room is a little full, especially with who is coming in.

• Thumbs Up 1