Charles Fischer

Worthy? Bo Nix Wins FOUR Player-of-the-Week Awards!

Normally you are passing more often, and for more yardage to receive these awards, but it was the total package of game performance.  Good for him!

EUGENE, Ore. — Oregon quarterback Bo Nix has received a quartet of weekly honors for his performance in the Ducks’ 41-20 win over No. 12 BYU on Saturday.

Nix was named the Rose Bowl Pac-12 player of the week, the Maxwell Award player of the week, and the Reese’s Senior Bowl offensive player of the week. The senior was also selected to the Davey O’Brien Great 8 list as one of the nation’s top eight quarterbacks for the week.

Nix was stellar in Oregon’s win, completing 13-of-18 passes for 222 yards and two touchdowns while rushing for a career-high three scores. It was the second straight game with five total touchdowns for Nix, and his first career game with multiple touchdowns both rushing and passing.

The Pinson, Ala., native became the first Oregon quarterback to throw two touchdowns and rush for three in a game since Marcus Mariota on Dec. 5, 2014. Nix is also the first Duck QB to rush for three scores in a game since Justin Herbert on Sept. 14, 2019.

Nix and the No. 15 Ducks (2-1) will travel to Pullman, Wash., this week to kick off Pac-12 Conference play against Washington State (3-0) at 1 P.M. PT Saturday on FOX.

Nix and Ferguson_Pac12 Video.jpg

• Wow 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

From the moment Bo Nix became a Duck I was excited for this season. I have lobbied  for him and defended him the whole way. I think Nix is a winner and a true leader. Nix was Auburn and this seasons Tigers is proof.

Nix will make bad decisions. Nix will throw another bad pass. Nix will shoulder a lot of the blame if the Ducks take another loss. 

Its what leaders do, it's what winners do. Then come Monday morning he will get to work and do everything he can to win the next game.

Nix will set the tone for the next generation of Duck quarterbacks. He will set the bar for Lanning's Ducks at the QB position. I believe that bar will be set high.

Win or lose, Nix has 100% support from me. Dudes a warrior. Favre on Bo!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Not for me to judge but I'll take it.  

Publicity like this is good for the entire program - not to mention what it might mean for the young man getting acknowledged for his effort and play.  I suspect this is what Bo was hoping for when he picked Oregon to come and play ball for.  If he manages to stay healthy and lead this team to a Conference Championship appearance he may gain a lot more honors and a good 'look-at' by the scouts.

Well deserved as far as I'm concerned. 

It was a total leadership award 

Wonder if the Auburn boards have seen this.  I remember some of them being fairly snarky regarding our Mr. Nix.