FishDuck Article

The Declaration of the Pac-12’s Demise is Premature

For the first time in a long time, it feels like the Pac-12 had a strong start to the year in winning some key non-conference games and, for the most part, avoiding any dreadful losses. Key Wins Washington State defeated then No. 19 Wisconsin 17-14 in Week 2. It was a gutsy win but one the Cougars earned, and gave ...

FISHDUCK.COM

For the first time in a long time, it feels like the Pac-12 had a strong start to the year in winning some key non-conference games and, for the...
  • Thumbs Up 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Good article, and I agree with your surprise and delight of a much stronger than projected PAC-12.

Very surprised at having four ranked teams, and quite surprised at the strength of USC, and in particular, Washington.

I thought it would take a year or two for them to look as good as they are now.  It pains me to say that the damn Huskies have really helped the conference profile.

Thanks David!

Mr. FishDuck

On 9/21/2022 at 8:19 AM, Charles Fischer said:

It pains me to say that the damn Huskies have really helped the conference profile.

It was painful to write in the article as well. 

Though we do need those purple puppies to not completely suck. 

On another side note... I think it will also help the conference's football profile is the LA teams are shutout of the conference championship game. 

It's the best two teams now and the north looks a bit stronger than the south. 

Keep those LA teams out and we have good footing in saying we aren't dependent on them from a on field product stand point. The money side of things would still hurt though. 

Two things stand out for me, DeBoer is showing what a huge mistake Lake actually was, and I'm really happy about this, WSU can survive and thrive, without Leach! WSU definitely deserves to be ranked, their loss to Oregon this weekend, will be offset a bit when Wisconsin takes down theeOhio State in the 'Shoe. 

You are correct sir!

Now it's time for us to feast...

On ourselves

On 9/21/2022 at 9:43 AM, shawnski said:

Now it's time for us to feast...

On ourselves

The Pac-12's greatest problem. I do believe the Pac-12 is the most competitive conference in the country. Now that doesn't mean best... just that we haven't been able to establish a super power team or two that devour everyone else without a problem. We don't have an Alabama or Georgia or Clemson or Ohio State or even an Oklahoma that all have monopolized their conferences. 

Instead on any week anything can happen in the Pac-12. Pac-12 After Dark means something because it's wild and crazy and anything can happen. It makes us probably one of the most interesting conferences to watch, or it should, but it usually means we end up killing our own chances of making the playoff because we beat each other up too much. 

• Thumbs Up 2