FishDuck Article

Why My Money Is on The Ducks to Beat WAZZU

(Publisher Note: Can you believe our FishDuck Friend DazeNconfused writing an article through incredible pain during recovery from major spinal surgery? This was not asked for, but he has a passion for Our Beloved Ducks and this FishDuck community, and I cannot thank him enough!) In only three games, the Oregon Ducks’ season has experienced the lowest of lows and ...

FISHDUCK.COM

(Publisher Note: Can you believe our FishDuck Friend DazeNconfused writing an article through incredible pain during recovery from major...
  • Salute 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

I'm worried about the Ducks being too young and not playing well on the road. I've noticed that younger teams, even though they are more talented than their opponents, can struggle when they play outside of their friendly home confines. 

Maybe that's one of the reasons we played so poorly against UGA. I guess we will find out this Saturday at 1 p.m..

By the way thanks DNC for pushing through and writing a well thought out article. I'm a spinal injury survivor so good luck to you with your recovery.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

DazeNconfused, well thought out and explained article. Thank you and best wishes for a complete recovery.

When i watched the Cougar/Badger game, I was certainly caught up in the moment. The smaller Coug D stacked the box and stopped the run. They played man coverage on most plays. The Badgers receivers could not get separation. I expect the Ducks will keep the Cougs D off balance and guessing. Give Bo the time to throw and Duck receivers will get open.

Whrn the Badger D got pressure on Ward he was less effecrive. This is a good time for the Duck D to have a break thru effort. Make it a long day for Ward. Pressure, pressure and more pressure.

The Badgers made critical mistakes that cost them the game against Wazzu. Oregon wont be that careless. As you concluded the Ducks will win this game!

Go Ducks..........

Edited by Smith72
Spelling

Hello all!

Using poor judgment, I wrote this propped up in bed while recovering from back surgery. hahaha

I want to thank Charles for taking my first draft and adding some twists to it.. Charles doesn't make a habit of doing that for writers.

This just another example of one of the many things Mr. FishDuck does investing his time for all us here at FishDuck

I'm in for a bit more recovering and sitting or being propped up aggravates my back, so you won't be seeing me around much. I did do a draft of another article on my phone while lying flat on my back. If that article finds, it's way onto FishDuck we will have Charles to thank for his efforts. 

There is so much Administration work among other things Mr. FishDuck does to make this site work for, we all owe him a big Thanks. 

Lastly, thanks for all the well wishes I gotten; they are appreciated. I'm in for another 3 weeks of mostly bed rest and then onto a couple months of PT. 

I hope you all enjoy the article and Go Ducks!!!

• Salute 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Great post! 2
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

On 9/22/2022 at 8:28 AM, HappyToBeADuck said:

The Badgers made critical mistakes that cost them the game against Wazzu. Oregon wont be that careless.

Let's hope you're right about that, HappyToBEADuck.

I watched that game as well and was surprised at the resiliency the Cougs displayed, particularly on the defensive side of the ball.  Wisconsin has never been a mystery.  They line-up 5 kids big enough to eat hay out of a rack, plop a TE beside them, and try to jam it down your throat.  It ain't sexy, but it's the formula that gets the job done in the monotonously plodding Big10 West.  

Typically when the Badgers own the ball for 15 minutes more than their opponent...they win.  However, the Cougs kept fighting and hustling.  If you need evidence of their effort, you don't need to look any further than at the play where a D-Lineman hustled to strip the ball from a Badger TE in the red zone to preserve the 17-14 lead.  

Oregon will have to match or surpass the sustained WSU max-effort, secure the ball, tackle well (particularly outside the hashmarks), and play solid special teams.  If you're not aware, the Cougs had a 73-yard kick return against the Badgers that led to field goal in their 3-point victory.  

• Thumbs Up 2

On 9/22/2022 at 5:28 AM, HappyToBeADuck said:

DazeNconfused, well thought out and explained article. Thank you and best wishes for a complete recovery.

When i watched the Cougar/Badger game, I was certainly caught up in the moment. The smaller Coug D stacked the box and stopped the run. They played man coverage on most plays. The Badgers receivers could not get separation. I expect the Ducks will keep the Cougs D off balance and guessing. Give Bo the time to throw and Duck receivers will get open.

Whrn the Badger D got pressure on Ward he was less effecrive. This is a good time for the Duck D to have a break thru effort. Make it a long day for Ward. Pressure, pressure and more pressure.

The Badgers made critical mistakes that cost them the game against Wazzu. Oregon wont be that careless. As you concluded the Ducks will win this game!

Go Ducks..........

Thanks for the well wishes!

The Cougars DL as going to test our OL with their speed and gap shooting.

They only got one sack against Whisky, and 3 QB hurries. Nix is also mobile so if they pressure him and he breaks contain he can hurt them.

They did have 7 Tackels for loss so they will be sending linebackers on the run blitz. I expect they will blow some run plays up, but I expect we will break a long TD run also.

On 9/22/2022 at 6:07 AM, DazeNconfused said:

Hello all!

Using poor judgment, I wrote this propped up in bed while recovering from back surgery. hahaha

I wasn't to thank Charles for taking my first draft and adding some twists to it.. Charles doesn't make a habit of doing that for writers.

This just another example of one of the many things Mr. FishDuck does investing his time for all us here at FishDuck

I'm in for a bit more recovering and sitting or being propped up aggravates my back, so you won't be seeing me around much. I did do a draft of another article on my phone while lying flat on my back. If that article finds, it's way onto FishDuck we will have Charles to thank for his efforts. 

There is so much Administration work among other things Mr. FishDuck does to make this site work for, we all owe him a big Thanks. 

Lastly, thanks for all the well wishes I gotten; they are appreciated. I'm in for another 3 weeks of mostly bed rest and then onto a couple months of PT. 

Wishing you a complete and speedy recovery!

I think this team still wants to prove that the game in Atlanta was partly bad timing. The players and coaches all know they need to improve and will not take this game lightly.

WSU is always a feisty team and the Ducks would be a huge win for them. However, I think the Ducks continue to show improvement and take care of business.

Edited by Drake

I hope you gain as much in recovery from writing as we do from reading your amazing mind processing these scenarios. If so you should be out in a couple weeks.

Thanks for sharing in this difficult time, and may the recovery gods be on your side, actually on you back, have your back, that it is.

I hope your scenario plays out, great article!

On 9/22/2022 at 5:02 AM, Duck 1972 said:

I'm worried about the Ducks being too young and not playing well on the road.

This game will be a test, I don't think it would have mattered where Oregon played Georgia, so this will be a real test of what kind of road warriors the Ducks will be, and why it's great to have Nix with his experience at QB.  A team knows it's good when it uses the energy from a crowd on the road to energize itself.

On 9/22/2022 at 6:07 AM, DazeNconfused said:

Hello all!

I want to thank Charles for taking my first draft and adding some twists to it.. Charles doesn't make a habit of doing that for writers.

Thanks for the exceptional effort and commitment, DNC!!

My Dad once had 7 ribs broken within 2 inches of his spine, due to failure of a road construction crew to put flaggers out prior to a blasting event on highway 58, east of Oakridge. His recovery from the surgery was no picnic, but he's had a productive life in the 60 years since then.

Here's to a successful recovery!

• Like 1

Thanks for the article Dazed, here's to your full and speedy recovery.

I also think the Ducks will win this one, but there are possible pitfalls I'm concerned about.

One: Bo running under control is good. Bo running for his life, history says not so good. Hopefully the contest between the unstoppable force and unmovable object, the WSU pass rush vs Oregon pass protection will be won by Oregon.

Two: Georgia's offense was largely based on getting to the edge, mostly in the short passing game. This is also a strength of WSU. We have tackled a million times better since that game. So, hopefully we can slow them down considerably.

Three: Oregon has all those blue chippers, but WSU has a great big blue chip on their shoulders. An over confident Ducks team may get a big surprised. 

I think we will deal with all of these and end up with a solid victory. But take these Cougars lightly and it could be really tough.