FishDuck Article

The Palouse is Not Hell–But You Can Smell the Brimstone From There

Two weeks ago, I made the inference that Eastern Washington was hell. It was a perfectly logical assumption–the EW Eagles play football on a field that they themselves call “The Inferno,” and who am I to disagree with the very people who have consigned themselves to the netherworld? However, upon further review, I now have a more realistic outlook...

FISHDUCK.COM

Two weeks ago, I made the inference that Eastern Washington was hell. It was a perfectly logical assumption–the EW Eagles play football...

• Great post! 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Loved the title!   Made me smile 

• Thumbs Up 1

Playing in late Oct. or Nov. in the Palouse is hell, not Sept. I have attended late season games there and it sucks.

Another absolute epic, and as before-I learn something new from Alan, as I did NOT know the story of how their stadium was named!

Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!

Mr. FishDuck

Humorous and insightful.  I really enjoyed that read.

Great job, Alan!

Hilarious, informative, timely, dripping with delicious sarcasm... another quality piece from you, Alex.  My good man, your stuff is terrific.  Nay, may I say Pulitzer worthy?!  (Of course it isn't.  It isn't political enough.  But one can dream.)

Keep 'em coming, sir.  Palease.

• Great post! 1

Some say you can't make a Palouse without a louse.

Alan you are on fire. Impressive skills you have

Nailed it! Thank you Alan.

The Ducks have a history of losses to supposedly “weaker” WSU teams in Pullman.  I have sat through a couple of those debacles.  This will be a tough, perhaps season defining game.  Oregon will have to play extremely well to win.

Rich Brooks Field is named after a Beaver. 

On 9/23/2022 at 8:12 AM, Mudslide said:

Hilarious, informative, timely, dripping with delicious sarcasm... another quality piece from you, Alex.  My good man, your stuff is terrific.  Nay, may I say Pulitzer worthy?!  (Of course it isn't.  It isn't political enough.  But one can dream.)

Keep 'em coming, sir.  Palease.

LOL...who the he!! is Alex?!  Sorry Alan!  But great job.

On 9/23/2022 at 11:36 AM, Red Eddy Green said:

Rich Brooks Field is named after a Beaver. 

That's only to help Brooks get the stench of tater salad from such a great man. Oregon showed compassion in helping Brooks escape from the foul odor of souring pickles and mustard. 

Alan my friend ... You called it. They Couged it! 

WSU should have had us dead to rights but they left the door open and we came busting through. 

• Thanks 1

Good article. Made me smile, snort, and chuckle. After I read it I thought I should tell you that "Rich Brooks Field" is named after a Beaver, but I see that's already been done. I know, it's just the field and not the whole darned stadium.