Haywarduck

Anyone Rooting For USC?

The perfect football weekend for me would be, of course, our Ducks winning in Pullman. Next, and maybe almost as exciting, would be the beavs beating the trojans.

Seeing the Riley project taken down a notch would be a huge step for Smith, and his beavs. It would also help set up an amazing game for us at the end of the regular season. Two things I would love to see. Then seeing our Ducks beat the trojans in the championship game at the end of the season would be completely exhilerating.

I suppose next would Stanford beating the dawgs. Another program I wouldn't mind seeing taken down a notch. Seeing the dawgs lose always bring joy to my heart.

Lastly if Colorado could take down the bruins, the Pac-12 traitors would begin to see how despised these two cali schools decision is perceived by the rest of the conference. 

Schadenfreude is alive and well in my heart, and household!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

NOPE!!!

Not sure I've ever said this before... But, GO BEAVS!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm rooting against the LA schools until they leave the PAC and even then I'm still rooting against them. 

I'm not as anti beaver as many here. I overall want them to win 11 of 12 games a year. We all know which game they must lose. 

Also with this new format for the conference championship game it would be fun to see Oregon v.Oregon state for a rematch of sorts for the whole championship. 

Arguably one of the best meetings was 2009 in the "War for the Roses" where the winner determined who went to the Rose Bowl. That sort of rivalry is fun and even more satisfying when we win. 

I also just want as many Trojan tears as possible.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 2
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Like 1

These are the type of games that the rodents need to win to continue the momentum they have been slowly building.

Would love to watch the Troy boys hype machine fly off the rails in Corvallis. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I have never rooted for USC or UCLA. I don't care who the play.

Go Ducks!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Root for USC? Gag! I'd rather eat raw pork. Go, Beavs!

Edited by 30Duck
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Cold day in hell I pull for a CA team over one from Oregon.

• Mic drop 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

The only concern with OSU winning is whether we need USC to be ranked high enough to give the Pac12 relevance in eyes of voters.

Realistically, we need UW and Utah and USC to continue winning. And I almost choke writing that.

Let the Beavs lose in a close game, but only so the Pac seems relevant.

What I really want to see is Oregon destroy USC in the PAC-12 Championship Game.  But I still can’t pull for the Trojans.  Go Beavs!!! 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

With USC and OSU both 3-0, it doesn't really matter who wins as long as the Pac 12 HAS to HAVE a pecking order.  If OSU wins, then we need them to win the rest of their games and then lose to us.  If USC wins, they can only lose to Utah.  

Obviously, my preference would be for the Ducks to win out and represent the Pac 12 in the CFP, but if that doesn't happen, OSU, WSU, Utah or UW would work.  USC/UCLA doesn't increase confidence in the PAC12 as they are out the door.

• Go Ducks! 1

On 9/23/2022 at 1:05 PM, DanLduck said:

The only concern with OSU winning is whether we need USC to be ranked high enough to give the Pac12 relevance in eyes of voters.

Realistically, we need UW and Utah and USC to continue winning. And I almost choke writing that.

Let the Beavs lose in a close game, but only so the Pac seems relevant.

Well, but that's only relevant because of the invitational AND a bias for USC. Ranking teams just creates circular reason that is nonsensical at seasons' end.

Ducks need to win out and the bigger the spread, the better.

I just don't see the Pac-12 doing well in the CFP, though, after watching the GA semi-pro team.

But a LOT can change by then.

Win out and if the committee doesn't vote on the Pac-12 champion, then that's just another reason for expansion.

Go Beavs... Take advantage of the holes in the trojan defense!

HOPE that's not too much!

On 9/23/2022 at 12:43 PM, noDucknewby said:

Cold day in hell I pull for a CA team over one from Oregon.

I actually grew up in the Willamette Valley for 16 years before my dad was transferred to Southern California and I ended up going to UCLA. Long story short, it's a lot easier to be nostalgic about growing up in the Willamette Valley than it is to be nostalgic about living in Los Angeles for 4 years. I would root for UCLA in the past ( and sometimes USC, where my dad graduated from) when they weren't playing the Ducks or the Beavers.  But since USC and UCLA decided to covertly betray tradition for profit by announcing they're switching conferences......... no quarter, no prisoners!

Edited by CountryProf
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

I always root for USC---TO LOSE!!

Go Beavis!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not in my house. I am not a tyrant in my home, but if you root for USC ya gotta go. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 9/23/2022 at 5:50 PM, CountryProf said:

I actually grew up in the Willamette Valley for 16 years before my dad was transferred to Southern California and I ended up going to UCLA. Long story short, it's a lot easier to be nostalgic about growing up in the Willamette Valley than it is to be nostalgic about living in Los Angeles for 4 years. I would root for UCLA in the past ( and sometimes USC, where my dad graduated from) when they weren't playing the Ducks or the Beavers.  But since USC and UCLA decided to covertly betray tradition for profit by announcing they're switching conferences......... no quarter, no prisoners!

I agree sir, I’m not a Pac-12 alumni, but I can’t pull for the LA teams.  As said before, Go Beaves, and GO DUCKS!!!

• Go Ducks! 1

On 9/23/2022 at 2:50 PM, CountryProf said:

I went to Cal and SDSU...and I would never cheer for them to win BECAUSE I went there.  Both are crappy schools with perennially crappy football programs.  But Cal also helped me despise, Ugly Stinky Crap, too.  (After all, their stadium is a toilet bowl.)        Don't you love the word "crap"?  🤭     You might ask, "Mudslide, if you didn't like those schools, why did you go?"  Because they were willing to subsidize my scholarly ability to call them "crap" with crappy scholarships.

Go Beavs, I guess (but...ugh...crap).

• Haha 1
  • Great post! 1

I’m just a Duck fan and an Oregonian. Not alumni. So, I usually pull for the Beavs except when the play The War of Northern Aggression (Corvallis is north of Eugene). 

Nope

NADA

Never

On 9/23/2022 at 2:31 PM, nw777b said:

Well, but that's only relevant because of the invitational AND a bias for USC. Ranking teams just creates circular reason that is nonsensical at seasons' end.

Ducks need to win out and the bigger the spread, the better.

I just don't see the Pac-12 doing well in the CFP, though, after watching the GA semi-pro team.

But a LOT can change by then.

Win out and if the committee doesn't vote on the Pac-12 champion, then that's just another reason for expansion.

Georgia in a nail  biter right now against Kent State 

On 9/24/2022 at 11:04 AM, debbieduck said:

LOL

On 9/24/2022 at 2:04 PM, debbieduck said:

On 9/24/2022 at 2:35 PM, nw777b said:

LOL

I think we might have some arsenic in our system.  Hopefully this clears things up!!!

The first college football game I attended was the 1967 game between OSU's "Giant Killers" and the O.J. Simpson-let Trojans. I was a high school sophomore. My buddy's dad took us; he was an OSU alum.

It was a cold, drizzly fall day with a muddy field. Even though I was a Duck fan by that time, I rooted hard for the Beavs. Their defense played great, and they never let The Juice turn the corner on the numerous end sweeps the Trojans ran that day. Simpson just kept running out of bounds near the line of scrimmage on those plays. 

Afterwards, my buddy persuaded me to storm the field with all the college kids--even though I worried about getting my Converse sneakers all muddy. I forgot all about that once we were out there celebrating with everyone else. 

I was a Beaver Believer on that day. I'm rooting for them to do something similar today.

BTW, I didn't attend a Duck football game until my first year in Eugene as a student. The student section was always only half full in those days--at least at the end of the games. 😉

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/24/2022 at 11:38 AM, SoGaDawg said:

I think we might have some arsenic in our system.  Hopefully this clears things up!!!

Haha. I'm not watching the game, but a few key mistakes and they are still in complete control. Have they punted, yet?

On 9/24/2022 at 2:52 PM, nw777b said:

Haha. I'm not watching the game, but a few key mistakes and they are still in complete control. Have they punted, yet?

Good point, and actually no we haven’t punted so far I think.  But it’s Kent St. and they have put 22 points on us.  I realize this is kinda nitpicking and 1st world problems, but it may expose an element of truth.  Hopefully, it lights a fire.