debbieduck

We Need USC to Win

I have not given up on Oregon making the playoffs this year.  

USC is our top ranked team.   They will be to top 5 when we play them if they win out.

We will be top 10 if we win out. 

In my opinion, if either the Ducks or USC loses there is no possible route for the PAC to make the playoffs.  

The negative to USC winning out is them beating us in the conference championship game.  Ugh! 

USC in playoffs would be like a dagger in my soul.  

On 9/24/2022 at 6:52 AM, debbieduck said:

USC is our top ranked team.   They will be to top 5 when we play them if they win out.

In my opinion, if either the Ducks or USC loses there is no possible route for the PAC to make the playoffs.  

The negative to USC winning out is them beating us in the conference championship game.  Ugh! 

If Ducks meet USC in Pac title... fine. Will look forward to beating them. As for today... Go Beavus!

• Thumbs Up 1

I have faith in Dan. I think he knew he was going to lose at Georgia, and was just setting them up for the title game.

We had a 2% chance of beating Georgia at the start of the season, and it will be 50/50 by the end of the season. Either that or Dan knows the championship game is in California next season and those SEC teams can't travel so he has his eye on that game.

Go Dan, Go Ducks!

• Thumbs Up 1

Disagree that we need a strong U$C to make the playoffs.  Oregon needs to continue building on the strong performance of last week.  Ten more wins, including the conference championship game, will have them in the middle of the playoff discussion.  Continuing to show improvement and dominance week to week is important.  It isn't how you start, it's how you finish.

Until then, go (insert mascot of U$C opponent).

• Thumbs Up 1

Now that the PAC moved to a single division the margin for error is zero. All you can control are the games on your schedule and winning those games. The sc traitors, with their 2 faced school president, dont face our Ducks or huskies this year. What an amazing scheduling break.......

So who do you think in the PAC, besides Utah, can beat sc? Besides the Utes, Beavus and Wazzu may be their toughest opponents. The traitors have a soft schedule.....

Consider this, lets just say that sc beats Utah and runs the table. They finish 9-0 in conference. If Utah beats us and finishes 8-1, then the Ducks are headed to San Antonio for another riveting Alamo Bowl. That thought is not inspiring.

The CFP is a long shot for OBD's. If the stars align and we get an invite that would be amazing. The PAC Championship and Rose Bowl should be the goal. The Ducks need help from other schools to beat the sc traitors and keep them out of the PAC title game.

IMHO, sc making the CFP, the PAC title game or even the Rose Bowl is not in the best interest of the PAC 10 and its members. Stop and ponder how much damage that lying, 2 faced sc president did to the PAC. She blocked Texas and OU to the conference, then she blocked expansion with other BIG 12 teams last year. At that time the PAC was in the drivers seat. She touted conference tradition, history and Rose Bowl for standing pat. All while planning their escape to the BIG.

Sorry for the rant Forum mrmbers but I will only support conference members. sc is a BIG member and as always since 1958 my support is for the PAC. Come on you pesky Rodents start the traitors out right on their 2 year farewell tour! Beat their butts off 

GO DUCKS, too!

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

If you truly believe Oregon can make a run at the playoffs this year, it would be beneficial for USC to be undefeated heading into the conference championship, but not 100% necessary. 

Oregon just needs to keep their collective heads down, and just win.  A lot of the traffic in front of them is going to go to by the wayside.  For example:

I’m a PSU (#14) guy, but I can tell you the Lions will have at least 2 losses in them.  We play Utah (#13) so we can kick them to the curb.  I have zero trust in the teams ranked #8-#12, which consist of 2 middling SEC teams (Arkansas & Tennessee), an ACC pretender (NC State), Okie. State, and Kentucky.  Do you believe any of those teams are winning out?  Absolutely not.  We could derail the current #7 team (Spoiled Children) and wait for tOSU to take care of Captain Khaki and his Wolverines.

For the sake of this discussion, I’ll pencil-in GA & tOSU in slots 1 & 2.  What about Bama?  Hmm?  They may get their shot against GA in conference championship game, and if so, they will lose.  They looked very suspect against TX so I’m not handing-over a free ticket to the playoffs, but even a two-loss Tide team will be considered as a final four candidate.  This is where we queue the Saban “cry me a river” tears.   

It’s so early in this process that these ranking may look completely different by the end of the season, but just thinking through this in a similar manner to what I just did, I would concern myself with Oklahoma, Clemson, and the perennial player, Alabama.

If the only blemish on the Ducks record this year is the GA game, which was the first game of the season and this would be taken into consideration, I actually like their chances. 

To me this was a fun hypothetical exercise to walk-through as I don’t believe our Ducks are ready yet.  I prefer the Ducks to just move forward, focused on each game, and carry the Al Davis mantra of, “Just win, Baby”.

• Applause 1

Until I read your post, the thought of pulling for USC had never crossed my mind. My feeling was, “What an awful thought!” Go Beavs

What's next, we're gonna NEED to root for the Huskies? Yeah, not gonna happen. I root for the Beavs in every game other than the Civil War, and even the thought of pulling for SC this year makes me barf in my mouth a little. If we win out, we will be in the playoff discussion. No need to root for the Trojans at all. In fact, I'll go ahead and root against them for the rest of the season. 

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 9/24/2022 at 11:59 AM, duckcz said:

fact, I'll go ahead and root against them for the rest of the season.

That’s the spirit!

• Thumbs Up 1

I also just want us to grow, build as the season goes along and win a bowl game.

Playing Georgia our first game was too much. I have a feeling playing in the playoff Dan's first season would be too much too. 

I love the continued enthusiasm for the Ducks, and what Dan Lanning is doing, but we still need to stay grounded. The season won't be lost if we lose this weekend or maybe at Cal? We just need to keep moving forward and embrace Dan's process, even as he struggles.

Never ever ever ever ever ever do we need anything from USC.

We take of our own business and what USC does is irrelevant.  I'm sick of the national media fawning all over USC like they're the second coming.

Could not, Cannot, Will not cheer for those traitors.  Any chance of them making the CFP must be snuffed out - even if that makes the path for another PAC-12 team less likely..  Go Beavs!

• Go Ducks! 1

Ideally I'd like USC to stay undefeated until they play Utah and Utah to stay at one loss until they play Oregon. That being said I would be fine with USC losing every game on the way out.

Edited by Dave23

On 9/24/2022 at 7:16 AM, McDuck said:

Disagree that we need a strong U$C to make the playoffs.

Agreed

USC making the playoff doesn't help the PAC but actually hurts us. USC at this time is basically a B1G team because they are leaving. So them making the playoff does nothing for the conference, yes a bit of money for the rest of us but that is a short term gain. 

I say we want the Beavers to win so the beavers can become ranked and we get a chance to beat another ranked team this year. 

On 9/24/2022 at 6:52 AM, debbieduck said:

I see their lines finally folding and a couple losses.  If their QB gets hurt they are done.  I see us beating Utah twice in 13 days to win the Pac at 12-1.  The condoms, I hope, get their first loss tonight in Cowvallis 

• Thumbs Up 1

Not me, don't care about optics for playoffs this year.  I would prefer third, fourth or lower Pac 12 teams join the big. Go Beavs