Charles Fischer

Miami Got Beat by..Middle Tennessee?

24-3!  (Second quarter is all)

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

At this rate, Mario may end up having one of the shortest $8 million dollar per-year college coaching careers in history. 

I'd like to suggest that he call three time outs in the 3rd Q.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Now 31-17 Middle Tennesse in the third.

Mr. FishDuck

38-24 now with a little under 9 left in the 4th. And he took a timeout out of the break from half I think.

• Haha 2

Actually 45-24 now. Middle Tennessee is blowing Miami out. Mario definitely deserved $80M for his coaching prowess.

Miami lost 45-31! 

Look at how many people were there to watch in article below, pics included.

ABSOLUTELY NOBODY SHOWED UP TO WATCH MIAMI FOOTBALL COMPLETELY EMBARRASS ITSELF AGAINST A G5 TEAM

WWW.OUTKICK.COM

As Miami football fell behind early to a G5 school, the crowd at Hard Rock Stadium was practically nonexistent and it was...

I thought MariØ was going to have a hard time in the ACC, but conference USA, ouch!

• Haha 1

What an awesome day. A double decker dessert!

MIami loses with its no scoring offensive gane plan. And the Canes send their fans home warly.

Oregon wins with a wild surge in the last 3 minutes. WOW.......

Now the Beavers can put the cherry on the top by beating the sc traitors.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 9/24/2022 at 5:08 PM, HappyToBeADuck said:

What an awesome day. A double decker dessert!

MIami loses with its no scoring offensive gane plan. And the Canes send their fans home warly.

Oregon wins with a wild surge in the last 3 minutes. WOW.......

Now the Beavers can put the cherry on the top by beating the sc traitors.

And the Cardinal beats the dawgs, just a little more whip cream please!

Let's go for the trifecta with Beavs over SC.  I think Fuskies will prove too much for the Trees, so an upset is unlikely.

In fairness to Miami fans, there were storms headed their way. But, still.

On 9/24/2022 at 5:15 PM, Annie said:

Very true. The storm was so severe that the meteorologist's even named it: "Middle Tennessee State University."  😉

Edited by Desert Duck
  • Haha 7
  • Mic drop 3
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/24/2022 at 5:15 PM, Annie said:

And they missed w well executed offense.

• Wow 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/24/2022 at 5:09 PM, Haywarduck said:

And the Cardinal beats the dawgs, just a little more whip cream please!

Where's the cherry?

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1st & Goal at MTSU 3

• (0:54 - 3rd) Thaddius Franklin Jr. run for 2 yds to the MTnSt 1

• 2nd & Goal at MTSU 1

(0:25 - 3rd) Thaddius Franklin Jr. run for no gain to the MTnSt 1

• 3rd & Goal at MTSU 1

(0:01 - 3rd) Thaddius Franklin Jr. run for no gain to the MTnSt 1

• End of 3rd Quarter

•  

(15:00 - 4th) Timeout MIAMI FL, clock 15:00

•  

(15:00 - 4th) Timeout MIDDLE TENN, clock 15:00

• 4th & Goal at MTSU 1

(14:56 - 4th) Jake Garcia pass incomplete to Will Mallory

• 1st & 10 at MTSU 2

(14:45 - 4th) Chase Cunningham pass complete to DJ England-Chisolm for 98 yds for a TD, (Zeke Rankin KICK)

• Haha 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 9/24/2022 at 2:29 PM, Desert Duck said:

Very true. The storm was so severe that the meteorologist's even named it: "Middle Tennessee State University."  😉

I think the true storm or the perfect storm's name is MariØ.  Canes better batten down the hatches and settle in, because this hurricane isn't going anywhere, anytime soon.

• Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/24/2022 at 5:46 PM, DuckIt said:

I think the true storm or the perfect storm's name is MariØ.  Canes better batten down the hatches and settle in, because this hurricane isn't going anywhere, anytime soon.

The forecast calls for Hurricane Mario to batter Miami for the next eight years. Damages expected to exceed $80,000,000.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 4
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

That 98 yard TD pass was reminiscent of the ASU game in 2019. I’m sure there will be a thread about the Canes forum members and their defense of MC. The Ducks have had some bad losses, but they were typically within the Pac12. The BSU losses were bad, but those were BCS Bowl teams that beat Oregon. I think this shows how the transfer portal is helping the G5 teams.

Next week: Miami +3 at BYE

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1

Mario will kill UNC next week. Mark my word. He always does this after an inexplicable loss.

On 9/24/2022 at 2:50 PM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

The forecast calls for Hurricane Mario to batter Miami for the next eight years. Damages expected to be over $80,000,000.

Nah, I give him two years at most, similar to Slick Willie at FSU.  It ends with a buyout.  The fans will be calling for his head by the end of this season, demanding change.  He won't have it nearly as easy as he did in the Pac-12, getting to a 10 win season or winning a ACC title.  They are delusional, thinking that he can lead them to the playoffs or even a Natty.

They only need to watch the last four seasons of the Ducks to know what kind of coach they bought themselves.

A lot of the fans are trying to justify that MariØ just needs time to recruit his players.  That will help solve some of their issues, but it won't fix their team.  They can have the best players, and MariØ will still have them underperforming and playing down to the competition.

Many of them were saying that MariØ plus the bags of money is the right fit for Miami, long-term.  Although, when questioned if they would take MariØ without the money, "No," was the common response.

I'm still waiting for the day when his ability to recruit matches his ability to coach.  Money will always ensure that Miami will be able to recruit though.

On 9/24/2022 at 5:52 PM, nw777b said:

Brutal is the word. I like Mario, and I thank the gods of football that Miami came calling for him.

“Oh, and, by the way: Who is UM’s quarterback now. Still Tyler Van Dyke? Or Jake Garcia?”

“Last season we all loved Tyler Van Dyke, UM’s best quarterback since whenever.”

Somebody forgot to tell Miami that Mario is the place where excellent quarterbacks go to die.

Edited by Desert Duck
  • Haha 1

On 9/24/2022 at 8:19 PM, cartm25 said:

Thank you! This is comedy gold!

This is stone, cold, brutal.

I've said it before, but as a reminder again, Mario's first play called as head coach at Oregon was a timeout BEFORE the opening kickoff of the game.

I've watched a lot of football over the decades, and I have never ever once seen that happen before.

I'm more thankful by the minute that Miami came calling.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mario destroys QBs.  He won't last his contract.  I'd like to know the buyout amount.  Mario is a great human, great talker, great recruiter, but not a great HC.  If he let his OC actually be the OC, it would work for him.  

• Thumbs Up 1

"It was a butt-kicking from the very beginning," Blue Raiders coach Rick Stockstill said.

On 9/24/2022 at 9:03 PM, Tandaian said:

Mario is a great human, great talker, great recruiter, but not a great HC.

He is not a great offensive line coach either, IMHO, but he is a great recruiter of players and coaches.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 9/24/2022 at 10:53 PM, Desert Duck said:

Brutal is the word. I like Mario, and I thank the gods of football that Miami came calling for him.

“Oh, and, by the way: Who is UM’s quarterback now. Still Tyler Van Dyke? Or Jake Garcia?”

“Last season we all loved Tyler Van Dyke, UM’s best quarterback since whenever.”

Somebody forgot to tell Miami that Mario is the place where excellent quarterbacks go to die.

I thought TVD would regress a little, but I didn’t think it would be this bad. Some NFL team is going to get a great deal on him. He’s a good QB, but MC killed his draft stock. 

They should be okay. They just need to play with more physicality.  

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Scoring TDs is over rated, MC

Felt sorry for MC last night for first time. He looked horrible at post game presser and sounded like a guy who realizes he might be the problem. 

He is. But can anyone say what it is? He seems to flatten his coaches and players to point they routinely underperform. What is it about him that causes that? Maybe some of you coaches have an idea? 

• Thumbs Up 3

Van Dyke is only a Sophomore, so there’s still hope for him. He just needs a new QB coach and OC.

FEB5FFA3-9240-4FA5-B7A7-782922CB4C86.jpeg

• Haha 6
  • Mic drop 1
  • Like 1

The reason I retired from coaching (besides being old), was the last head coach I worked under did the same thing.  He stole the fun from football!

Underutilized and unappreciated as an assistant was not worth the long hours.  Time to retire.  IMHO Mari no O is the same type.

• Thumbs Up 3

Now teams are going to have plenty of tape of Mario coaching two different teams with multiple different coordinators showing the same tendencies time and time again. Every game he coaches now will just be adding to the blue print on how to beat him.

UO just made more adjustments thoughout one game than Mario has his entire career.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 9/25/2022 at 9:30 AM, Smith72 said:

The reason I retired from coaching (besides being old), was the last head coach I worked under did the same thing.  He stole the fun from football!

Underutilized and unappreciated as an assistant was not worth the long hours.  Time to retire.  IMHO Mari no O is the same type.

One thing I’ve noticed is how much fun Oregon players are having this year. I hope the same holds for the coaches. Dante Moore must be really happy with his choice to come to Oregon. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 9/25/2022 at 9:35 AM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

UO just made more adjustments thoughout one game than Mario has his entire career

Amen. Both on offense and defense. It was a joy to see. 

I don't usually like to pile on, but this was too good to pass up.

This was just posted by  Oregon Recruiting @duckscrootin...Click on squares below to enlarge

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/25/2022 at 8:43 AM, Drex Heikes said:

Felt sorry for MC last night for first time. He looked horrible at post game presser and sounded like a guy who realizes he might be the problem. 

He is. But can anyone say what it is? He seems to flatten his coaches and players to point they routinely underperform. What is it about him that causes that? Maybe some of you coaches have an idea? 

I think maybe he is so Alpha that everyone else around him just shrinks. 

You have to empower your team and coaches or else they'll just stand around waiting for you to do something. 

Plus, other Alphas don't react well to being squashed.

Just a thought 

On 9/24/2022 at 10:23 PM, Charles Fischer said:

He is not a great offensive line coach either, IMHO, but he is a great recruiter of players and coaches.

A great recruiter, but not a great retainer, in my opinion. 

Companies need great sales people, but if the product or service sucks, then customers walk.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/25/2022 at 9:30 AM, Smith72 said:

That's sad. Sorry to hear that.

On 9/24/2022 at 10:28 PM, cartm25 said:

@Charles Fischer Can the above post be a pinned topic titled: “The Best and Last Post Needed to Describe MC as a Head Coach” 🙂

"Timeout!  Okay, so should we run up the middle. Orrrrr, should we run up the MIDDLE?"

• Haha 2
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/24/2022 at 8:37 PM, McDuck said:
    • 1st & Goal at MTSU 3

• (0:54 - 3rd) Thaddius Franklin Jr. run for 2 yds to the MTnSt 1

• 2nd & Goal at MTSU 1

(0:25 - 3rd) Thaddius Franklin Jr. run for no gain to the MTnSt 1

• 3rd & Goal at MTSU 1

(0:01 - 3rd) Thaddius Franklin Jr. run for no gain to the MTnSt 1

• End of 3rd Quarter

•  

(15:00 - 4th) Timeout MIAMI FL, clock 15:00

•  

(15:00 - 4th) Timeout MIDDLE TENN, clock 15:00

• 4th & Goal at MTSU 1

(14:56 - 4th) Jake Garcia pass incomplete to Will Mallory

• 1st & 10 at MTSU 2

(14:45 - 4th) Chase Cunningham pass complete to DJ England-Chisolm for 98 yds for a TD, (Zeke Rankin KICK)

5D8047D0-6D31-4296-AD0D-54EAEC5FD34E.jpeg

• Haha 4

On 9/24/2022 at 8:31 PM, McDuck said:

And they missed w well executed offense.

I loved this little gem in the comments. It’s from the Little Giants movie for those who may not know what this guy is talking about. Also, I thought it was pretty cool that their mascot showed up to tailgate with them.

4091AABE-22AD-4A85-9F0F-95B6E31A8EB8.jpeg

Edited by DrJacksPlaidPants
  • Haha 1

On 9/25/2022 at 10:37 AM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

I don't usually like to pile on, but this was too good to pass up.

This was just posted by  Oregon Recruiting @duckscrootin...Click on squares below to enlarge

Loved seeing this and the bottom right corner post, "Took all of 4 games" just add "and $80 Million Contract, sucka. . . . "

On 9/24/2022 at 10:23 PM, Charles Fischer said:

He is not a great offensive line coach either, IMHO, but he is a great recruiter of players and coaches

I think that is coming into play more and more when we watch this year's offensive line. They are all Cristobal's guys and yet they are playing better than ever. 

No sacks on the season still... And they are making holes for a dynamic run game... And giving time for Nix to pass. 

Brown didn't look that comfortable at all last year. At least not consistently. 

On 9/25/2022 at 11:49 AM, David Marsh said:

Brown didn't look that comfortable at all last year. At least not consistently

Brown got rocked twice in a row so hard by mighty Stoney Brook, that he had to leave the game at halftime!

• Yikes! 1

OMG, yesterday was Mario's birthday! That was a heck of a birthday gift.

Click on post to see complete post and his birth date listed.

On 9/25/2022 at 3:48 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

OMG, yesterday was Mario's birthday! What a happy birthday that was.

4ABD0394-7519-432D-8C1C-4C07827CF4B9.jpeg

• Like 1