Charles Fischer

Miami Got Beat by..Middle Tennessee?

In all honesty, I would hope that Mario, figures it out.  So many kids depend on an adult to lead them in the right direction.  Help them become mature adults.  Teachers in life, mentors at work or someone to look up to.  I would hate to think, that Slick Willie, knew all the weasels that say one thing and live by another.  But right now, MC leaves me unconvinced he is a teacher of men.  Oh and Happy Birthday.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yet I keep seeing the familiar old tune of "Blame the OC".  How many times can you blame the OC before it lands in your lap as HC?

• Thumbs Up 1

One of my new favorite things about this forum is clicking on it and reading the headline: Miami Got Beat by Middle Tennessee.

It just never gets old!

• Cool 1
  • Haha 2

Wow, Happy Birthday and all that, but talk about rubbing Cristobal's nose in it. You don't often see an opposing coach win with such, umm, grace.

Two interesting points about this game. First, MTSU lost their first game 44-7 to JMU which was a FCS team last year. Second, MTSU is 3-0 all time versus Miami.

• Wow 1

I LOVE that the MTSU coach is emphasizing "toughness" as the reason for their win. That HAS TO BE salt in Mari0's wounds, it has to be eating him alive!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Haha 2

Here are a couple of articles from the FishDuck Feed after the Miami disaster:

Cristobal cited on the loser side in this article.  Says "Cristobal can't blame talent in that kind of loss - this is coaching.  Ouch!

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

College kickers -- unfortunately -- took center stage for SEC teams looking for key wins on Saturday

Trojan Wire comparing how bad it was under Helton that he couldn't beat a Cristobal coached Oregon team.  They are actually saying how bad Cristobal is as a coach.  Bad tweets coming from Miami fans.  Though I do like this one:

"Chip Kelly doesn't work in the NFL.  Willie Taggart gets fired after two season at Florida State.  Mario Cristobal just lost to Middle Tennessee at Miami.  A lesson for Coach Lanning, don't leave Oregon."

TROJANSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

USC fans love Lincoln Riley because of what they’re seeing, but also because of what they left behind with Clay Helton, who couldn’t outcoach Mario Cristobal. Miami is cratering.

In the News. . . Twitter has reported that current Twitter Verse is blowing up in Miami. . .  While receiving a lot of well wishes and Birthday Greetings. . . Mario Cristobal, Millionaire Coach of the Hurricanes and former player has been getting a lot of Tweets of encouragement and some not so printable comments on his teams current struggles.

Next on the News. . . Miami is all wet and Summer is Over in the Sunshine State. . .

Sorry, It's Monday.

On 9/26/2022 at 8:31 AM, NJDuck said:

"Chip Kelly doesn't work in the NFL.  Willie Taggart gets fired after two season at Florida State.  Mario Cristobal just lost to Middle Tennessee at Miami.  A lesson for Coach Lanning, don't leave Oregon."

And, or the next coach realize just how lucky they are to be coaching at Oregon. Fortunately Dan and his assistants seem to realize what many haven't seen as a pattern, yet.

I would be surprised to see Dan leave before 5 years is up. I do think we will see quite a few assistants leave before that time frame.

The biggest mistakes when you are young is when somebody says, 'watch this.' The biggest mistake when you are an adult comes after the statement, 'it is going to be different this time.'

Paul Finebaum calls Miami 'college football's greatest fraud' after MTSU loss

How many times have we been to this precipice? Turnover chain, Miami is back. They’ve been back almost as many times as Texas has been back,

but they still don’t look like — well, I think you know what the word I’m looking for that rhymes with back.

WWW.ON3.COM

Paul Finebaum didn't mince words when it came to Miami after the Hurricanes suffered a mind-blowing defeat to MTSU on Saturday.

I keep on finding good Mario stuff as I search for FishDuck material.

I guess Mario doesn't want to talk about Middle Tennessee.

• Haha 2

Miami has an off week and MC was undefeated at Oregon coming off of bye’s. They also got pretty lucky that they’re not playing this weekend because of Ian.

F824C945-AC97-4C6C-8B39-D664A058778B.jpeg

Edited by DrJacksPlaidPants

Has Miami been informed that booing Mario is not allowed?

• Haha 2

On 9/26/2022 at 5:22 PM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

If a tree falls in a forest, and there’s no one around to hear it, does it make a sound?

If Mario coaches poorly, and there are no fans in the stands, are they allowed to boo elsewhere?

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1

On 9/26/2022 at 8:22 PM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

Maybe Mario wouldn't have a problem with it if they booed more physically?

• Haha 4

On 9/26/2022 at 6:39 PM, nw777b said:

If a tree falls in a forest, and there’s no one around to hear it, does it make a sound?

I think we're going to have to defer to our resident logging professional @Log Haulin for an answer on this question. 😄

Go Ducks!!

Edited by olcodgerduck
  • Haha 1

Yes, MC's offensive scheme may have been boring to watch, but let's give the guy credit for showing that blue-chip talent can indeed be recruited to Eugene. And he did get it right at least when it came to beefing up the O-line. Just imagine if CK had the O-line we do now when he was still HC for the Ducks.

It wouldn't be a stretch IMHO to say that we would have a BCS trophy - or two - sitting on the shelf. I'll admit that I was very skeptical when Taggart and then Cristobal were talking about recruiting 5-star talent to play for the U of O - I was still in the school of "let's hire a HC that can do more with less". Lol.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 9/26/2022 at 11:07 PM, OceaniaDuck said:

Yes, MC's offensive scheme may have been boring to watch, but let's give the guy credit for showing that blue-chip talent can indeed be recruited to Eugene. And he did get it right at least when it came to beefing up the O-line. Just imagine if CK had the O-line we do now when he was still HC for the Ducks.

It wouldn't be a stretch IMHO to say that we would have a BCS trophy - or two - sitting on the shelf. I'll admit that I was very skeptical when Taggart and then Cristobal were talking about recruiting 5-star talent to play for the U of O - I was still in the school of "let's hire a HC that can do more with less". Lol.

I respectfully disagree.  I would take the Bellotti, Kelly and Helfrich first two years as HC over any Power 5 team with the high 4 and 5 star players.  Texas, Oklahoma and USC have gotten no where in the last 10 years with that talent except by the ESPN homers.  Take a look at this article.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Ducks may not have the history of an Ohio State or Notre Dame, but in the past decade, they’ve been as good as anyone.

That article lists Top Programs, some Blue Bloods, former winners of National Championships.  It shows, Oregon has been in the National Championship conversation for quite some time.  More than the perceived Blue Bloods of the PAC-12 USC and Washington.  If you look closely, you do not see Texas, Penn State, Nebraska or Miami on that list.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/25/2022 at 8:59 PM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

One of my new favorite things about this forum is clicking on it and reading the headline: Miami Got Beat by Middle Tennessee.

It just never gets old!

I'm with you.  I find myself looking for this headline as well. 

Something I just realized is that if a couple people a day post on here, we can keep it bumped up near the top for long time!  LOL!!

Go Ducks!!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

What has happened to Miami football's big play offense?

Miami has regressed as a big-play offense under new coordinator Josh Gattis in 2022.

This writer doesn't get it, Gattis is not the problem, it's Mario!

CANESWARNING.COM

After Tyler Van Dyke became the starting quarterback for the Miami football team in 2021 the Hurricanes became one of the best big play offenses in college...

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is a very interesting read. One interesting quote I saw was “Canes are injured, slow, stiff, and depleted”. That sounds vaguely familiar. It describes the 2021 Oregon Ducks. 

One thing Miami hasn’t figured out that I personally have been keeping an eye on is the amount of injuries that they have. Remember how many season ending injuries Oregon had last year? Bennett, Flowe, Redd, Johnson III, Verdell to name a few. 

The writer has some clue because he thinks Mario is over-working them to build toughness. Their fans haven’t figured it out yet. I would expect to see more injuries as their season goes on.

WWW.STATEOFTHEU.COM

The Miami Hurricanes had another hype-filled off-season, but it was just a few months of cheap thrills.

• Thumbs Up 3

A billboard at a Miami business yesterday...

• Haha 3
  • Mic drop 2