• Thumbs Up 3

On 9/24/2022 at 8:02 PM, DanLduck said:

Wow!

Just wow!!

I'm kinda exhausted!

You and me both!!!

• Whew! 1
  • Wow 1

Going to be some hard practices this week. Lanning isn't going to be happy.

That said, Ducks learned never quit. 

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Let’s hope! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

SoGaDawg, there is something called couging it. You just witnessed first hand another coug performance. The Ducks won it, but the cougs, couged it.

• Thumbs Up 1

A win is a win.  I'll take it!

• Thumbs Up 2

On 9/24/2022 at 5:07 PM, Haywarduck said:

The Ducks won it, but the cougs, couged it.

Oregon got the win but in the end winning by 3 feels more appropriate than winning by 10. I don't feel the Ducks earned winning by 10. 

That said... I'm happy we at least won. 

Edited by David Marsh
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

On 9/24/2022 at 8:07 PM, Haywarduck said:

SoGaDawg, there is something called couging it. You just witnessed first hand another coug performance. The Ducks won it, but the cougs, couged it.

Lol, yes I’m aware. Unfortunately my high school mascot was a cougar.  We didn’t win very often.  In any event though, GO DUCKS!!!!!!!

Incredible. Yes, there were times during this one when I was telling myself it was a game that was closer than it should have been, the Cougs were dominating the game,  Oregon had so many really strange play calls, bad tackling, inexcusable penalties. But, Joey Harrington, take a look at Captain Comeback, Bo Nix.

The win the Ducks had over the Bruins in 1970 at the Rose Bowl was amazing. But I don't know if it was more unbelievable than the Ducks coming out with this win. This is a win that should absolutely set the season up for the Ducks. 

Edited by 30Duck
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/24/2022 at 5:12 PM, 30Duck said:

So many really strange play calls,

It felt like in the red zone Dillingham was possessed by Cristobal with predictable run plays. 

Though if Cristobal was busy possessing our OC why didn't Miami win? 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 9/24/2022 at 5:15 PM, David Marsh said:

It felt like in the red zone Dillingham was possessed by Cristobal with predictable run plays. 

Exactly, can I? I will. Prevent offense!

• Applause 1

The degree of this Cougin It can be best measured as follows:

After scoring to go up 34-22 Wazzu’ win probability was 96%.  In ~3 minutes of game time the win probability was 99%.  For the Ducks.  

Let that sink in to how colossal this comeback was.  

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 9/24/2022 at 5:07 PM, Haywarduck said:

I feel for the Cougs.  Must be misery!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/24/2022 at 5:08 PM, DuckIt said:

A win is a win.  I'll take it!

And be glad!  Very glad!

Remember how for the majority of his career, Belloti never seemed to get ruffled during a game?

I'd say Lanning showed some emotion, this afternoon.

Predictable?  You mean like when they put Sean Dollars in, they're gonna throw to him?  I'm far from an expert football analyst, but come on, Kenny.

And, Haywarduck, you nailed it on the Cougs "Couging it." Once the Ducks had the game in the bag, I found myself actually feeling sorry for the fans they showed in the stands. The Cougs HAD THAT GAME, and THEY EARNED IT.

The Ducks' defense was frustrating to watch, to say the least. Too many missed tackles and AGAIN the inability to stop short passes which often turned into first down passes. 

And, Dilly's offense was really great until they got inside the red zone. Then, it was really frustrating to watch. 

As far as I'm concerned, the Mauigoa interception was on Dilly for calling the same play two times in a row. The Cougs knew what to expect when they kept Dollars in for two plays in a row.

Okay, in spite of the negativity, I'm very happy the Ducks came out of this one with a win. Hopefully, it's a big learning experience for all involved.

• Thumbs Up 1

A comeback win on the road??? Ill take it. 

On 9/24/2022 at 8:07 PM, Haywarduck said:

Of course this does give new meaning to the term.  In high school I played and we lost many games, but most of them we weren’t really in to begin with.  I understand your meaning of couged it now.  And yep, they couged it!

Next time Dollars hits the field, try THROWING TO THE OPPOSITE SIDE!!!

• Haha 1

I'm not saying that Oregon is Alabama. But todays win is what Alabama has done for years now. For 90% of the game, they are being completely outplayed. But at the end, with big plays, and some help from the other team, it's Scoreboard. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, there's a lot to fixed from players and coaches going forward. But can we just enjoy winning a really good game for awhile? The Ducks never quit and fought till the end. Haven't seen that type of resilience in awhile It reminded me of the game during the Harrington years, I think it was ASU. 

On another note, I feel bad for all of you who put money on the Ducks to cover. That is the definition of a bad beat.

• Thumbs Up 2

The team did it...In the last 90 seconds!

Relive how they pulled it off...

247SPORTS.COM

Ducks rally in final 90 seconds to pull off miraculous victory

On 9/24/2022 at 5:29 PM, WiseKwacker said:

As far as I'm concerned, the Mauigoa interception was on Dilly for calling the same play two times in a row. The Cougs knew what to expect when they kept Dollars in for two plays in a row.

I would agree with this. I knew what play was coming the second I saw Dollars in motion. 

Mauigoa knew also and bit down on it hard. 

If nix went anywhere else with the ball it could have been a touch down. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Lanning got a gift. Got to get'em at times. Coaches have to have a serious discussion amongst themselves. 

It starts with the coaching staff to fix the issues we saw today. Young staff baptized by fire at the Palouse. In what appears to be a much better Pac 10 as a whole.

Going to be an interesting year for sure  

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 points in the 4th!!! Man.. I turned it off at the half... Jammed out on my guitar. Must have created some mojo magic. (I'm sticking with this 😎)

Congratulations Duckies for a hard fought win today!

Quack! 🦆

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/24/2022 at 5:53 PM, cartm25 said:

Observations / Questions:

- Why did WSU look faster and more athletic on both sides (at least defensively) of the ball?

I don't think they're actually faster, it's more that they are ultra aggressive, so they are bee lining towards where they think the ball is going to, it's the reason why we had so many chunk plays, but also why we struggled when we got near the goal line.  Great example is the TD on the last drive, they committed everything to stopping the run and left the TE all alone.  It's what we should have done from the beginning of the game. 

• Great post! 1

First, Oregon won this game. WSU didn’t “coug it." I love that our coaches were actually able to make smart adjustments, something that continues to escape Mari-no-o. WSU is a good team. I’m enjoying the toughness and resiliency of this team. Should have been a game between two Top 25 teams but WSU was ignored. 

Edited by lownslowav8r
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Happy, Happy Ducks!

Take a look inside the Ducks locker room after the game...

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

On 9/24/2022 at 5:15 PM, David Marsh said:

It felt like in the red zone Dillingham was possessed by Cristobal with predictable run plays

I agree, I'm not positive what was going on with the red zone play calling in the first half.  I think he was using plays that were working on the drives and not realizing that the compressed field didn't give him the same numbers advantages.  WSU did a great job of swarming to the play all game.  They had so much drive in the game, this was an absolute brawl.

That being said, I continue to be impressed with the offense.  Oregon only punted twice in the whole game.  We definitely want TD's and not Kicks but there's magic brewing in the Oregon offense.

The defense had some challenges but the Cougar Raid offense isn't fun to defend, especially in Pullman.  The defense is still learning but they had some great plays.

Game ball goes to the Offensive line... 0 sacks in 4 games.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

On 9/24/2022 at 6:37 PM, Duck Fan 76 said:

The defense had some challenges but the Cougar Raid offense isn't fun to defend, especially in Pullman.  The defense is still learning but they had some great plays

The couger offense continues to be a bit weird and difficult to prep for when you only have a week to do so. 

Oregon's secondary took some big hits today and hopefully they make another leap.

• Thumbs Up 1

It was a road scare, but these Ducks have Grit!

From the FishDuck Feed, these words ring so true...

• Thumbs Up 2

On 9/24/2022 at 6:40 PM, David Marsh said:

Oregon's secondary took some big hits today and hopefully they make another leap.

Ward absolutely dished out the ball to his playmakers finding those zone gaps and those WR's were difficult to bring down.  I saw a mix of missed and amazing tackles from Oregon's defenders and that's good progress against slippery skill players.  Some of the DB play was great including pass breakups and coverage sacks.  The DB's definitely have room to grow in coverage and the perimeter seems to be where every team chooses to attack Oregon.

WSU only had 53 yards from the handoff, averaging about 3 yards per carry for the RB's and 0.4 YPC for Ward on the scramble.  Against Wisconsin they had 174 yards on the ground.

I give a LOT of credit to WSU.

Their defense won the first half. Their offense was very creative.

The Ducks rolled on offense the majority of the game, but the Cougars were beasts in the red zone the first half. The Ducks made some adjustments and the Cougars didn't have as much gas at the end.

WSU's pace may be the fastest the Ducks see until next year. Their offense will tear a lot of other teams apart.

Oregon's D line put pressure on Ward causing numerous 3rd and very long situations.  That was a key to staying in the game and why Funa was able to seal the game.

Give credit to Ward for his God given talent and creativity.  No one in CFB did the things we saw him do in one game today. But he showed he's not perfect, either.

Oregon's secondary made a lot of quick hits on short to mid distance passes to keep the number of explosive plays to a minimum. 

The D shut down the run and got the only 3 and out at just the right time.

Yes, Oregon shot themselves in the webfoot too often, but they did exactly what they needed to do to win in the end. Not unlike almost many good football teams in the course of a game.

They're still not playing at the national champion level, yet. But if Oregon were a stock, I'm buying!

Go Ducks!!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

That was a road scare for sure...I bet your heartbeat was like the chart at the bottom much of the time!

It's not easy being a Duck fan sometimes...

• Haha 3