Vandownbytheriverduck

A 25.5 Point Favorite and Beat Down by 14....?

....and it wasn’t that close. 

How many of you think Mario would have pulled it out in Pullman today? 

Didn’t think so. 

Ducks might not yet be a good or great team but dang, they snatched a victory with serious perseverance and grit. Lanning and Co might not be there yet but I like what I see, as bad as some of it was. 

drinking angry in the Palouse tonight. LEOs busy with bad 

8 million of regret in Lil Havana tonight. Heat wave in Mijami. 

• Thumbs Up 2

You saw how MariØ would handled being behind in the game, with his response against aTm, no sense of urgency (conservative plays, running the ball up the gut) and poor clock management.

Mari-no-o would have lost badly. Poor in-game adjustments and time management plus conservative play when aggressive play is needed. 

Mario's postgame comments:

"Obviously, poor job by me. Poor job by our organization and credit to Middle (Tennessee) for doing what they did."

On what to tell the team:

"They coached better than us. They played better than us. They were better. We didn't do a good enough job. There's no excuse. We're going to look in the mirror and do something about it...We all came here for a purpose and a reason. We've got a lot of work to do."

On the struggles of QB Tyler Van Dyke:

"Scheme change. It's different. Some things are different...We've got to do a better job setting him up for success and doing things offensively that allow us to have a more successful and a more productive pass game...We've got a long way to go. I knew we had a long way to go on arrival, but the progress we have made in some respects, it feels a little bit like we have regressed, and we've got to do a better job."

Suffice it to say that the media and the fans are already freaking out in Miami, as well they should. 

• Wow 1