FishDuck Article

Top 5 Takeaways from Oregon Ducks’ Comeback Win Over Wazzu

The No. 15 Oregon Ducks’ (3-1) stroke-inducing 44-41 comeback victory against an unranked (but mighty talented) Washington State at the Palouse was a key win for Oregon head coach Dan Lanning and the program he is building in Eugene. Here’s five takeaways from Saturday’s game: — Ducks QB Bo Nix threw for a career-high 428 yards with three touchdowns and ...

FISHDUCK.COM

The No. 15 Oregon Ducks' (3-1) stroke-inducing 44-41 comeback victory against an unranked (but mighty talented) Washington State at the...
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Great article. I especially liked this line.

“Ward was cagey and elusive, managing to dodge, duck, dip, dive, dink and dunk all over them, zig-zagging through heavy traffic like a squirrel on the freeway.”

Ward was amazing, but like most squirrels on the freeway, he eventually turned back into traffic when he appeared to be in the clear (at least they do that in my neck of the woods). His attempt to chase down Funa and tackle him was Brady-like.

What I saw was Noah, late in the game, set the edge on Ward, and force him to his left. The announcers, of course, didn't appreciate what Noah had done, it wasn't flashy.

By forcing Ward to his left Noah took all of Wards primary receivers out of the play. Ward was forced to throw an incomplete pass to the left side of the field. 

These little defensive plays won the game for Oregon. Funa's pick six was huge, and a beautiful play, but it was a disciplined defense that won the game for Oregon.

I was impressed by the defense the most. Ward was a beast, but the coaching, and talent came out on the defensive side of the ball, throughout the game and especially at the end of the game.

Well done, the new Duck D!

• Thumbs Up 1