Charles Fischer

Arizona Kickoff Time...Not Completely Terrible...

(From Oregon Athletics Press Release)

EUGENE, Ore. — Oregon football’s game at Arizona on Saturday, Oct. 8, will kick off at 6 P.M. PT and will be broadcast on Pac-12 Network, the conference office announced on Monday morning.

The No. 13 Ducks (3-1, 1-0 Pac-12) are coming off a thrilling 44-41 comeback win at Washington State in their first Pac-12 game of the season. Oregon will host Stanford (1-2, 0-2 Pac-12) this Saturday, Oct. 1, at 8 P.M. at Autzen Stadium (FS1) before traveling to Tucson next week to face the Wildcats (2-2, 0-1 Pac-12).

Caldwell.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

Not so good for us eastern Duck fans, I'll look for the score in the morning. I can watch most of the Stanford game. 

Working Sunday morning when the Ducks are playing late...argh!

Still not a great time for a team in the Top 15 and (after beating Stanford) in good position to make a hard run for the Pac-12 North.  But it sure beats 8:00 pm.  That's not just ridiculous, it's almost criminal asking fans to fill a stadium with a 60,000 seat capacity on a Saturday night in October.

Any guesses on how full Autzen gets this coming weekend?  75%?

On 9/26/2022 at 11:37 AM, Mic said:

The Faithful will show up just to see OBD beat the Tree. Students are back in school and will be rowdy having all day to party. We will miss some Portlanders not wanting to travel late at night. 

Last week was announced a sell out at 54,000+. Kelly's teams would sell standing room only with 60,000+.

On 9/26/2022 at 12:13 PM, Red Eddy Green said:

The Faithful will show up just to see OBD beat the Tree. Students are back in school and will be rowdy having all day to party. We will miss some Portlanders not wanting to travel late at night. 

My friends from Gresham (season ticket holders) are still mulling it over.  They said they might drive down if they bring their camper.  Pity it's so late.

On 9/26/2022 at 11:37 AM, Mic said:

I've put my tickets up for sale--so far no nibbles. Of course, even if they don't sell, since they are paid for they will count in attendance.

On 9/26/2022 at 1:42 PM, Annie said:

I've put my tickets up for sale--so far no nibbles. Of course, even if they don't sell, since they are paid for they will count in attendance.

The NCAA, the Pac-12 and the individual schools all need to figure out how to stop this nonsense of 8:00 pm starts.  This isn't Friday night football at the local High School field - which is great, btw.  This is serious business for people having to travel up to 200+ miles one-way into a crowded arena with a parking and transportation dilemma.  And then return home again after midnight.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for the heads up @Charles Fischer

I checked ESPN and didn't see details past this Saturday, so I wasn't sure if I wanted to pay to watch FS1 Saturday.

Now I know I'll be using Sling Blue and Orange for the season starting next Saturday since they will be on the Pac-12 network, carried by almost NoOne!

I'm guessing Oregon will be on a major network against UCLA, though.

On 9/26/2022 at 6:04 PM, Mic said:

The NCAA, the Pac-12 and the individual schools all need to figure out how to stop this nonsense of 8:00 pm starts.  This isn't Friday night football at the local High School field - which is great, btw.  This is serious business for people having to travel up to 200+ miles one-way into a crowded arena with a parking and transportation dilemma.  And then return home again after midnight.

And I live in Eugene--but I'm not going to a stadium and driving home at midnight! I can stay home, watch in my jammies, and then go right off to bed as soon as the game is over. And I still don't like 8:00 games!

Well.. its not a great match-up so its put on the Pac-12 Network. 

But it is one of the best teams in the Pac-12 so we get a west coast prime time spot. 

Sure as hell beats our 8pm kick off time against Stanford. 

I'm waiting for the Colorado kickoff time to be announced. Need it to be a bit later so I can get to the game after work!