debbieduck

Go UCLA!

I am hoping for a UCLA win tomorrow. 
Washington dodges both USC and Utah. 

UCLA and Oregon in my opinion, are the only two teams on their schedule who I “think” can beat them.  

I already hoped for a USC win over Oregon State to better Oregon’s playoff hopes. 

Now I Think I will hope for a UCLA win to give Washington their first loss. 

We can give them their second.  I don’t want a 1 loss husky team at seasons end. 

I cannot remember a single situation, until now, when I wanted USC and UCLA to win.  

Everything is changing. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Good logic, but it is sweeter to beat the Huskies when they are ranked high...and I cannot help but wonder if both teams at the end of the season will be considered...

giphy.gif

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Can they both lose? Is that possible? 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

9-0 Fusky v. 8-1 Ducks brings Gameday to Eugene.  That is good for the Ducks. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 9/29/2022 at 5:25 PM, Log Haulin said:

That would be a lot of fun and a great recruiting game. 

Edited by lownslowav8r

Fuskies have yet to play an away game. Think that's gonna bite them in the butt in the ucla game. To me they haven't beat anyone yet.

Neither has ucla but again their at home and it's the fuskies first away game of the season.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/29/2022 at 5:25 PM, Log Haulin said:

8-1 Ducks?  Which game are you ceding?  Or do you mean overall and not the 9 Pac-12 games each team plays?

On 9/29/2022 at 9:27 PM, Mic said:

8-1 Ducks?  Which game are you ceding?  Or do you mean overall and not the 9 Pac-12 games each team plays?

When these two teams meet, up to that point each team will have played 9 games.

It's so difficult to wish for the little puppies to win at anything. It kind of turns my stomach and wrenches my soul.

Now that we are in a one division, unbalanced schedule format there exists scenarios where an 8-1 team is left out of the title game. And that includes our Ducks.

IMHO, both the bruins and little puppies are overrated and have had soft schedules. However the Bruins will not get past the Utes, sc traitors or Oregon. The Bruins will have 3 losses in conference. So my pull is for the bruins to win. Would love for OBD's to hand the stench up north their 2nd loss.

Under this format the only way to ensure a 4th straight title game is to go 9-0 in conference. Pethaps the only way for the Ducks to make it to the CFP is to beat a 13-0 usc traitor team.

Debbieduck is right, the higher the ranked teams we beat, the better road to the CFP.

GO DUCKS!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/29/2022 at 6:20 PM, debbieduck said:

I am hoping for a UCLA win tomorrow. 
Washington dodges both USC and Utah. 

UCLA and Oregon in my opinion, are the only two teams on their schedule who I “think” can beat them.  

I already hoped for a USC win over Oregon State to better Oregon’s playoff hopes. 

Now I Think I will hope for a UCLA win to give Washington their first loss. 

We can give them their second.  I don’t want a 1 loss husky team at seasons end. 

I cannot remember a single situation, until now, when I wanted USC and UCLA to win.  

Everything is changing. 

Guess I'm different but would like to see it close, and have them to have as few of losses as possible until we play them..and..of course...crush them. Those Husky tears are sweeter when they think they're good. Also, I'd be surprised if they don't drop another 1 to OSU or WSU.  Both of them are better than UCLA based upon what we've seen so far. Also, UCLA is down to 3 scholly DT's which doesn't bode well for them this week. 

The Pac 12 really needs to have a pecking order.  We can't have UCLA beat UW then lose to Cal.  As much as I would prefer OSU to beat Utah this weekend, with OSU already having a loss, the Pac 12 looks better if Utah wins.

On 9/29/2022 at 8:31 PM, Duck 1972 said:

Neither has ucla but again their at home and it's the fuskies first away game of the season.

With the UCLA crowds these days I'm pretty sure Washington is considering it a neutral site game!

• Haha 1

Tough one . . . a ewe dub with multiple losses or dash their hopes and ranking pinning them their first L.

I guess I'll go 1st L.

While I despise the mutts and am unable to wish them to win, in this case, I (like Charles) will enjoy seeing the Ducks dash their hopes and destroy their dreams later in the year.

That, and having a PAC North team trounce one of the traitors gives me reason to root for a bruin loss.  

In previous years, this would not have been the case.

• Thumbs Up 1