Annie

Attendance at the Stanford Game?

I was checking to see if my tickets to the Stanford game had sold yet (they haven't), and saw that there are tons and tons still for sale. I'm wondering how full/empty the stadium will be tomorrow night. I know I hate the 8 pm start time, and it looks as if I'm not the only one.

I know there's the TV money and season tickets that are already paid for whether the ticket holders show or not, but still it looks as if a lot of non-season seats will go unsold, so concession sales will be down, parking $$ down. While I suppose it does not make a huge difference, it sure seems as if the late-night games hurt the budget to some extent. And empty seats are not a good look. Plus, less crowd noise.

• Thumbs Up 3

😔  (Pensive face)

Be safe if you go.  I feel bad for the athletes because these late night starts are lousy for them as well for a whole host of reasons.  Stanford - Oregon? R we kidding!  This should be a total sellout and probably would have been with a 1:00 start, or even a 4:00 pm start.

• Thumbs Up 1

I fear the tv numbers from the middle of the country going east will be way down too. Starting a game at 11:00PM ET is way too late for most people.

As much as I love my Ducks, just can't keep my eyes open to watch.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 9/30/2022 at 6:39 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

I fear the tv numbers from the middle of the country going east will be way down too. Starting a game at 11:00PM is way too late for most people.

I live my life between 1:30 am and 7 pm. Staying awake past 9 on a Saturday is going to be rough.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 9/30/2022 at 5:12 PM, Annie said:

I was checking to see if my tickets to the Stanford game had sold yet (they haven't), and saw that there are tons and tons still for sale. I'm wondering how full/empty the stadium will be tomorrow night. I know I hate the 8 pm start time, and it looks as if I'm not the only one.

I know there's the TV money and season tickets that are already paid for whether the ticket holders show or not, but still it looks as if a lot of non-season seats will go unsold, so concession sales will be down, parking $$ down. While I suppose it does not make a huge difference, it sure seems as if the late-night games hurt the budget to some extent. And empty seats are not a good look. Plus, less crowd noise.

A lot of folks like to wait until a couple of hours before game time to buy tickets. They’re always available and they’re very cheap because the sellers are trying to mitigate their losses.

• Thumbs Up 1

If the stadium is half empty, Furd will feel right at home. 

• Great post! 1

On 9/30/2022 at 7:19 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

A lot of folks like to wait until a couple of hours before game time to buy tickets. They’re always available and they’re very cheap because the sellers are trying to mitigate their losses.

Scalping a game like this will be a losing proposition.  Like you said, there'll be tickets for 75% of face value, maybe even less.  They'll make it back up when Washington and Utah come to town.

Screenshot_20221001_175615.png

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/1/2022 at 8:58 PM, nw777b said:

Screenshot_20221001_175615.png

Me waiting for an 8 PM game.

DD2C5940-E7AD-4B09-BC2E-D430CFB2645C.gif

• Haha 1

On 9/30/2022 at 6:39 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

I fear the tv numbers from the middle of the country going east will be way down too. Starting a game at 11:00PM ET is way too late for most people.

My son, who loves the Ducks, now lives on the East Coast. He texted me this morning and said that with an 11 PM EST start time, it's tough following the Ducks. He said he will record the game and watch it tomorrow. 

I don't think these games that end at Midnight PST, and don't start until 11 PM EST, are doing us many favors.

• Thumbs Up 2

Derp

Edited by woundedknees
posted in the wrong thread.

They didn't announce at the stadium, but the post game radio stated 52,000+. The student section was packed, a few empty seats in the nosebleed sectionon the south side. There was only 80-100 Stanford fans.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/2/2022 at 1:22 AM, Red Eddy Green said:

They didn't announce at the stadium, but the post game radio stated 52,000+. The student section was packed, a few empty seats in the nosebleed sectionon the south side. There was only 80-100 Stanford fans.

Were there really that many there?  That's great.  I know of a couple friends, season-ticket holders who come down from Portland.  They brought a motorhome to see this one.  

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/1/2022 at 6:51 PM, Desert Duck said:

I don't think these games that end at Midnight PST, and don't start until 11 PM EST, are doing us many favors.

At least on the highlight reels, brief as they are, when recapping ranked teams, the penalties won't show up - except for the so-called 'fight'.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/2/2022 at 10:07 AM, Mic said:

Were there really that many there?  That's great.  I know of a couple friends, season-ticket holders who come down from Portland.  They brought a motorhome to see this one.  

There probably weren't that many there. Season ticket seats are counted as part of the attendance, even if the ticket holders don't attend. I didn't go and my tickets didn't sell, but those seats would still count toward total attendance at the game.