David Marsh

Strange Thought on Boise State and Conference Realignment

So... Out of boredom right now I'm watching Boise State v San Diego State. It's at Boise State and they have that obnoxious blue field. 

If Boise State were to be invited to the pac-12 should they be forced to ditch that field? It is certainly a psychological barrier with it being a weird color. 

But there is something dare I say amateurish of having a odd colored field. But then again our field is our team color so that's all good with me. 

I say if they join ban the blue field! 

• Applause 3

On 9/30/2022 at 6:36 PM, David Marsh said:

So... Out of boredom right now I'm watching Boise State v San Diego State. It's at Boise State and they have that obnoxious blue field. 

If Boise State were to be invited to the pac-12 should they be forced to ditch that field? It is certainly a psychological barrier with it being a weird color. 

But there is something dare I say amateurish of having a odd colored field. But then again our field is our team color so that's all good with me. 

Totally agree!

I've always said if Boise wanted to be taken seriously, they should play on a grown-up field!!

• Mic drop 1

Another requirement for any team joint the PAC is your school has to have the name of your state in its title unless it’s a private school. Nothing screams G5 conference like have schools named after their cities. I’m talking about you Boise State and San Diego State. UCLA, UNLV are acceptable, so IUB and CSUSD would work.

On 9/30/2022 at 6:36 PM, David Marsh said:

Out of boredom right now I'm watching Boise State v San Diego State.

If ever there was a reason for a liquor cabinet. 

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/30/2022 at 9:36 PM, David Marsh said:

Actually I like the blue field and remember there are those who find the Oregon basketball court undesirable (not me I love it). Oregon is well known for liking  different. Le Boise be different if they want.

On 10/1/2022 at 7:25 AM, Steven A said:

The KING of the one-liners strikes again. (Referring to watching SDST vs. Boise State) Made me laugh...

Mr. FishDuck

On 9/30/2022 at 9:36 PM, David Marsh said:

I'm curious about how you feel about the floor at The MATT? Reply?

Edited by Notalot

I love the hardwood design at The Matt. Why? It's distinctive...the Oregon way!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/1/2022 at 11:10 AM, Notalot said:

I'm curious about how you feel about the floor at The MATT? Reply?

I love the Matt floor.  

And, as always, almost every University has done some sort of upgraded graphics since the Matt was introduced.

But comparing it to BSu's smurf turf, well the Matt is ours, so I think we can diss bsu for that and any number of reasons (comparing apples to prunes).  

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Applause 1

On 10/1/2022 at 8:22 AM, OhioDuck said:

Actually I like the blue field and remember there are those who find the Oregon basketball court undesirable (not me I love it). Oregon is well known for liking  different. Le Boise be different if they want.

How about E. Washington? Do you like that ostentatious red?

Or Coastal Carolina's teal?

E. Michigan's gray?

Central Arkansas purple and gray?

Or the brilliant orange of Tokyo Japan?

Football is to be played on grass, which is still "green", until the social media gurus tell us otherwise. Lol.

Actually, the colored fields are sorta funny, I just love to diss those pesky horses. 

On 10/1/2022 at 7:25 AM, Steven A said:

Or mowing the lawn, taking a nap, meh, even cleaning the bbq.

On 10/1/2022 at 12:09 PM, woundedknees said:

even cleaning the bbq.

I noticed you stopped before you got to the WC/toilet.  Well played.