Charles Fischer

UCLA vs. Washington Game Thread

Both teams are impressive in their own ways!

Mr. FishDuck

We have some QBs in the Pac-12 this year for sure. 

First series UCLA went Cover-1 on 4th down and got beat in man-to-man for a 33 yard TD

Both teams are mixing the cover looks abs by comparison Oregon looks to show Cover-2 and don't try to hide it.

Lots of 4 WR sets and some 5 WRs and each team is passing twice as much as running. It's a passing game in college football now.

I wonder if Lanning might break out a lot of Dime with six DBs against these guys?

I really want to root for Chip and the boys but probably better to take on Washington undefeated for ranking purposes.

Pac-12 Refs. UCLA pass play to the UW 37 with a defensive holding and a late hit out of bounds.

You take the play or the holding call. Its not that hard. 

The Refs give the play to the 37. Give the 10 yards for holding and the 15 for the hit out of bounds. They spot the ball on the UW 12. 

Are we ever going to hold our Refs to a higher standard, this has gone on for years!

• Thumbs Up 1

Love seeing them Dawgs Giving up easy points

On 9/30/2022 at 8:48 PM, DazeNconfused said:

Pac-12 Refs. UCLA pass play to the UW 37 with a defensive holding and a late hit out of bounds.

The Refs give the play to the 37. Give the 10 yards for holding and the 15 for the hit out of bounds. They spot the ball on the UW 12. 

Are we ever going to hold our Refs to a higher standard, this has gone on for years!

The Washington back who hit him 2 yards out of bounds and late, should have been bounced from the game 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/30/2022 at 9:48 PM, DazeNconfused said:

It's amazing these guys have jobs.

• Thumbs Up 1

Both of their lines looks suspect. 

Oregon has three weeks until UCLA and will be much improved on defense. 

Washington is later in the season. 

I feel Oregon will have some line play that will make them both miserable. 

Now we need our backend to hold up against the passing attacks. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Go ducks 

Edited by debbieduck
  • Go Ducks! 1

Feels like Washington is getting exposed right now. 

They are definitely a different team home vs away. 

Is it good Pennix or bad Pennix.

• Haha 1

First UW game I have watched.  Their secondary is suspect, but their front guys are stout.  Their offense looks very anemic, Penix Jr seems to be really pressing and going off leash.  DTR is having on those games where he looks great for the most part.  He's playing with a lead and won't have to force too much at this time.

ESPN doing good job of not showing wide angle of stands. There is nobody at this game. Maybe this win will drum up some business!

On 9/30/2022 at 9:17 PM, LADuck said:

ESPN doing good job of not showing wide angle of stands. There is nobody at this game. Maybe this win will drum up some business!

Could be the late start.  Look for the same thing tomorrow night.  Keep in mind, the Rose bowl is almost half again as big as Autzen.

Husky looking bad. Atleast the east coast isn't watching.

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1

Chip really should have taken that last FG before the Half to put UCLA up 3 scores.  I think that was a mistake.

• Thumbs Up 1

How is flexing over DTR on that sack not a penalty. Thats an easy 15 yard call. 

Huskies looking like pretenders so far.

7 pts would have buried fuskies 4th and 1with Charbonet they should have been able to get that 1yrd.

My son goes to UCLA and they are a bunch of smart kids but they sure don't seem to be into sports that much. Guess they have other things to do but seems they are missing a fun part of the college experience. Loved going to Duck games in early 80's and we were not even that good. 

Just got back from Vegas for a meeting. Not a big gambler but made a bet on the way out of town for Ducks to cover and also hit the over. Going to take winnings and buy tickets to the P12 Championship. Fail proof plan!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Cool 1
  • Haha 1

Am I an evil person if I hope Pennix Jr. throws another (3rd) pick?

• Haha 2

On 9/30/2022 at 9:20 PM, Mic said:

Chip really should have taken that last FG before the Half to put UCLA up 3 scores.  I think that was a mistake.

Quintessential Chip - go big or stay home.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 9/30/2022 at 9:08 PM, David Marsh said:

Feels like Washington is getting exposed right now. 

They are definitely a different team home vs away. 

That win over Sparty don't look so good. Row The Boat PJ Fleck and his boys just them by 27 and held them to 7 points. 

The Leg Lifters big win was over Tree

Edited by DazeNconfused

It seems like DTR has been playing for 7 yrs now.

On 9/30/2022 at 9:34 PM, DazeNconfused said:

Quintessential Chip - go big or stay home.

Once again, he thinks he has the offense to outscore the dawgs.  And I think he's right.

Amazing how fast Penix went from "#1 on my Heisman ballot" to the doghouse at 14/25 with 2 ints.

UCLA defense looks better than it has in years.  Did Don Pellum retire?

DTR is having himself a game tonight!  And Charbonnet too.

Game, Set, Match.

UCLA vs Oregon O/U going to be a big number.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/30/2022 at 8:07 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Both teams are impressive in their own ways!

It's 3 minutes into the 2nd Half and I think UDub has lost its luster rather quickly.

Edited by Mic

Ohh yes UW is the great pretender.

On 9/30/2022 at 9:44 PM, Mic said:

It's 5 minutes into the 2nd Half and I think UDub has lost its luster rather quickly.

They look exhausted and defeated right now. 

I think the travel element is playing a role here. Washington hasn't had to travel too much for the past two years and I think that's hurting them. 

Also... They aren't that deep of a team and now UCLA is just ramming the ball right down their throat. 

On 9/30/2022 at 9:44 PM, Duck 1972 said:

Either Michigan State & Stanford are incredibly over-rated or UCLA is off to the races and heading for a nice ranking.  The difference tonight between these two teams is stark.

On 9/30/2022 at 9:47 PM, Mic said:

Either Michigan State & Stanford are incredibly over-rated or UCLA is off to the races and heading for a nice ranking.  The difference tonight between these two teams is stark.

Michigan State hasn't looked good this year. 

And we'll get a sense of how well Stanford stacks up against us tomorrow. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/30/2022 at 9:58 PM, David Marsh said:

Michigan State hasn't looked good this year. 

And we'll get a sense of how well Stanford stacks up against us tomorrow. 

Yep, but if this UW team is the one that beat them convincingly, then either there were severe matchup problems or the Furd is gonna struggle this year to make 500.  Of course, one should never count chickens before the hatch.  And Oregon needs to play lights out tomorrow night.

On 9/30/2022 at 9:44 PM, Duck 1972 said:

• Thanks 1

On 9/30/2022 at 9:40 PM, McDuck said:

Amazing how fast Penix went from "#1 on my Heisman ballot" to the doghouse at 14/25 with 2 ints.

Yes, he did retire. Ken Norton Jr the UCLA alum and ex-49er is the inside backer coach now. He was DC last 3 years for Seahawks.

On 9/30/2022 at 10:05 PM, Mic said:

Yep, but if this UW team is the one that beat them convincingly, then either there were severe matchup problems or the Furd is gonna struggle this year to make 500.  Of course, one should never count chickens before the hatch.  And Oregon needs to play lights out tomorrow night.

I am guessing that Stanford won’t win 6 games this year.  They look tragic right now. 

This is the point where the commercials begin to get even more unbearable than normal.

Come on Bruins score here so I can go to bed. Need to play golf in the morning!

• Haha 2

That sure was a satisfying smackdown of the Fuskies. 

• Thumbs Up 1

UCLA definitely played the CK brand of offense that we all expect. Going a little bit off-topic, I hope UCLA stays in the PAC-12 and maybe San Diego St brought in to replace the departing USC. I think USC already hell-bent on going to the B1G and nothing will change their minds at this point.

I wasn’t that impressed by either team. Neither had a defensive. Lots of badly missed tackles. UCLA was lucky WA didn’t start playing hurry up earlier. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Both teams are very good offensively. The Ducks will have to score a lot of points to beat them. Luckily, both games are at Autzen.

• Thumbs Up 1

Chip did a good job with the portal.. 

On 9/30/2022 at 9:20 PM, Mic said:

Agreed.  Too little time left and even if you make it, a TD is no sure thing.

I confess, once I started watching I just couldn't root for ewe dub even though I previously said I would love to hang the first L on them.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/1/2022 at 7:11 AM, Steven A said:

I confess, once I started watching I just couldn't root for ewe dub even though I previously said I would love to hang the first L on them.

I didn't even make it that far - wanting the Huskies to lose before it even started.  And I'm not a fan of UCLA, either.

Typical of a Husky, did you see the intentional trip in the 1st qtr by a Husky as the Bruin runner was about to make a sprint to the house?  LOL  That's not hustling, that's "sh_t! Beat on the play and he's gonna score!"

On 10/1/2022 at 8:23 AM, Mic said:

did you see the intentional trip in the 1st qtr by a Husky

Well, what's a kicker to do?

• Haha 2
  • Mic drop 1

On 9/30/2022 at 9:40 PM, McDuck said:

Actually, I think it was Jerry Azzinaro that was "forced out" if Chip wanted a new/extended contract a couple of years ago.