Log Haulin

ESPN and Dish

Woke up this morning and turned on the TV to find out ESPN is not available on Dish Network.

Unbelievable! Well, my day is ruined. Might as well go get fuel.

• Yikes! 1

On 10/1/2022 at 8:40 AM, Log Haulin said:

Woke up this morning and turned on the TV to find out ESPN is not available on Dish Network.

Wow, it's amazing that Dish Network does not have ESPN.  It seem from your surprise Dish gave no warning this was going to happen.  Not surprising.

You might already know this, but if not, hopefully this might help.  You could cut Dish Network out and go streaming with Sling or Fubo.tv.  Both are cheaper and has all the sports networks.  Fubo.tv has 1,000 hours of recording.  They both have Pac-12 network.

You can sign up with these two streaming networks today.  They will give you a week or two, can't remember free to try it out.  If you don't like them, you can cancel, no obligation,  no cost.  At least you can watch Saturday games on ESPN today.

I used to have Dish, but left Dish and been streaming ever sense.  I have Fubo.tv.

I also have Roku on my tv, along with other streaming.  Lots of free streaming programs, movies, etc. to watch.

Hope this helps.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/1/2022 at 5:52 AM, NJDuck said:

You might already know this, but if not, hopefully this might help.  You could cut Dish Network out and go streaming with Sling or Fubo.tv.  Both are cheaper and has all the sports networks.  Fubo.tv has 1,000 hours of recording.  They both have Pac-12 network.

I used to have Dish, but left Dish and been streaming ever sense.  I have Fubo.tv.

I also have Roku on my tv, along with other streaming.  Lots of free streaming programs, movies, etc. to watch.

Yea, it's a long story but I bought dish for my mom to get The Hallmark channel when I moved my parents in with me a couple years ago. 

Huge regrets. Still have 10 months on contract. Then they are going bye-bye.

Dish, not my parents.

• Haha 3

On 10/1/2022 at 9:06 AM, Log Haulin said:

Yea, it's a long story but I bought dish for my mom to get The Hallmark channel when I moved my parents in with me a couple years ago. 

Dish, not my parents

Lol, agree to Dish.  By the way, both Sling and Fubo.tv has all three hallmark channels.  On fubo.tv there are also two channels that are called "The Great American Family."  My wife likes these channels.

Just wow!  Same thing with Sling. I woke up this morning and no ESPN.  I have had Sling for years with no issues.  

Switching to Fubo.  

On 10/1/2022 at 7:53 AM, GeotechDuck said:

Just wow!  Same thing with Sling. I woke up this morning and no ESPN.  I have had Sling for years with no issues.  

Switching to Fubo.  

I got a work around. My son has Disney +. Going to pirate it.

Reading the news, both Sling and Dish having this problem. Lots of PISSED customers. 

This is exactly why the PAC should  sign up with Amazon, cut out the middle man.

Tired of this crap

We're going to dump ours too

ESPN and Disney suck 

Looks like ACC/SEC networks are affected also. Going to be some angry Dawgs fan.

Today's game on Comcast is on Fox Sports 1, even though it is announced as on ESPN.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Yep. Today was the day I was going to fire up my Sling Orange account again because in the past I could get PAC-12, ESPN, and FS1, etc. 

When I realized ESPN was no longer available, I stopped the activation. 

Dish owns Sling. It's time to sling the dirty dish.

We already have Hulu, so I added live TV/Disney.

All I'm missing is the Pac-12 network.  

Frankly my dear, I don't give a _________.

Why? Because if the Ducks keep improving, I believe other providers will be more inclined to broadcast their games making the Pac-12 Network irrelevant to me.

If a game is only broadcast by the Pac-12 Network, I'll gladly listen to Jerry and Jorgy on the Learfield broadcast. 

On 10/1/2022 at 8:40 AM, Log Haulin said:

Unbelievable! Well, my day is ruined. Might as well go get fuel.

Times like this are when a "Free Trial" on SlingTV or FuboTv comes in handy.

On 10/1/2022 at 6:06 AM, Log Haulin said:

Dish, not my parents.

Amazing the lengths we go isn't it?  My wife insists on Turner Classic Movies.  And, I pay the extra for that one channel with a big, fat smile on my face.

This makes me thankful I decided Fubo was the best option for me, instead of Sling.