Charles Fischer

Did YOU Like Our Uniforms vs Stanford?

Sorry, but it looked like disjointed pajamas to me, almost garish.  Give me some stripes and match things up better!  The color combination is fine, but how it was done...shudder.

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Agree. Pant lines looked too high. Should dress better with all those recruits at the game. Still, a good result.

It needed a yellow helmet to go with it and it would have looked better. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Agreed. Not good enough yet to be that loud. Reminds me of the guy who shows up for pick up basketball donning all the latest gear in bright colors and can’t hit the backboard. Stick with the “nightmare green”

• Haha 1

The jerseys are definitely shorter on some players because of their build and the type of pads used. Most players wore yellow tee-shirts underneath the jersey that matched the pants and covered the top pant line.

Some players did have that Steve Erkel look going on….lol

The tee-shirts made the pants appear abnormally high. 

Edited by Drake
  • Yikes! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, the uni combinations have become a part of the Ducks culture and are aimed at a much younger set than I hail from.

I like the solid colors (all green, all yellow, all white, all black) the best.  I like the apple green, the forest green, the lightning yellow, and the ice white colors.  I did not like the greys, the throwback blues, the eggshell greys, or orange socks.

At least we saw green and yellow!  I agree with David Marsh that yellow helmets would have looked better.

• Thumbs Up 1

Like em from the waist up.

The length of the cleats that Nix is wearing in the above picture look like natural turf cleats. The improvements to the artificial surface at Autzen is very impressive. 

There is no way that you would wear those shoes on our surface years ago. 

Oregon unis are cutting edge but the cummerbund effect isn't designed for football.  The colors weren't as bright as Baylor earlier in the day but a bit garish for my taste.

WWW.VITTORIOFORMALWEAR.COM

The cummerbund is a traditional tuxedo accessory that is designed to bridge the transition between your shirt and pants. It is used in place of (but not with) a vest. A cummerbund is always worn with...

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

The pants should be burned….

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm going to be the lone voice here, yes I liked them and thought they looked fantastic on my big screen. Thought the helmet looked fantastic & tied the look together well. Didn't notice the long tee shirt until above comments. I loved the black green "nightmare green" last year but as mentioned above the new fabric/recolor looks brown, we're not Beavers. In fact "Black Green" is the custom color on my house trim.  I also love the Stormtrooper look so don't @me 🤣 I'm just a fashionista Duck Gal! 

PS bring back the Eggshell!!!!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I may politely disagree with you, but I’d certainly welcome your input more often here!

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

Not our best look. Although I'm no fashionista, as my dear wife will testify. 

My advice: keep trying stuff. Just no more orange socks, ever!

• Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I figure if I hate them, the kids must love them!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I liked them just fine. I agree the pants could use some green on them . I used to love the old diamond plate uniforms with Oregon written down the side of the pants. I wish they would do a throwback uniform with them. I also wish they would resurrect the old “mallard head” helmets from the 2000’s.

7D69200B-5615-4F97-992F-C6C89DE298D9.jpeg

Edited by DrJacksPlaidPants

Color combo and colors were great, green-green-yellow-yellow, the pajama cummerbund whatever was atrocious however. 

I liked them though I’m probably the only 60+ year old fan here that does. The bright colors were the only way I could track the shifty Bucky Irving. 😇

• Thumbs Up 1

Too much in the legs and not enough duck for me, more like a stork or flamingo.

• Thumbs Up 1

On second thought the yellow socks and bottoms looked like the Ducks were wearing yoga pants!

Not a good look.

Could have done without the cummerbund, but otherwise loved the look. The actual green & yellow Duck colors--what a concept!

I liked them a lot. This coming from an oxygenarian.

• Thumbs Up 2

I thought they looked good although they did look like pjs.

The favorite of my wife and mine is the duck uni with the orange shoes….so sick bro.

On 10/2/2022 at 8:56 PM, Mistertea said:

The favorite of my wife and mine is the duck uni with the orange shoes….so sick bro.

Problem is, we lost to Colorado at home in them!

All Oregon Ducks Football Uniforms Best Sale, 50% OFF |  www.lebienvieillir.com

• Oh no! 1
  • Wow 1
  • Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

The first thing I said when I saw them was "Those unis aren't great." I think more green on the pants and \ or green socks would have looked better.

Maybe that's why there was so much "wolfing" (woofing?) because the Cardinal players were making fun of them? Just speculatin'.

But I approve of the final outcome!

Would have looked better if the undershirt was green, I agree with others,  it had the Steve Urkel look on some players

Got my wish! 🦆🥚😍

I hope this isn't considered trolling Mr. Fishduck 🤔

FB_IMG_1665014496571.jpg

No offense FanGirlDuck, but the Arizona uniform makes me like the Stanford uniform all the more!   The seagull sh*t splatter on light grey turns my stomach.

I think I will listen to the game on the radio so I don’t get sick watching.  My only hope is the Ducks play better than they look.

Edited by PittDuck
  • Haha 1

On 10/5/2022 at 5:03 PM, FanGirlDuck said:

I hope this isn't considered trolling Mr. Fishduck 🤔

Not at all.  I want to see all opinions, especially those I disagree with.  No matter what your opinion--everybody here still has to be nice to each other, and I've been humbled by what I've learned from the astute members of this forum. 

The only way to see all the opinions is if we all feel safe.  It is comforting to know that the moderators keep this site clean; we take out the trash you will never see!

The only place where shouting and bullying does not work...where reasonable people reign.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

It has been said by others that “Oregon doesn’t wear uniforms, they wear costumes.”  Sadly, there is a part of me that resonates with that.  Just my opinion.  

• Haha 1

You're so nice @Charles Fischer even when I'm giving you a hard time for not liking the Duck egg unis! Another reason this is my favorite spot (pun intended) to talk about OBD. Thank you!

Edited by FanGirlDuck
It didn't quote the post I was replying to.
  • Thanks 1

Short answer: No.

Long answer: No, not very much.

Remember, if you are over 30 and don't  like them, odds are a 17 year old recruit does. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1