Pennsylvania Duck

AP & Coaches Polls...Look at the Comparison

Here is a side by side comparison of the 2 polls. The Ducks are in the same spot in both. 

I can't believe USC is still so highly ranked. Click for enlarged view.

WWW.ESPN.COM

Visit ESPN to view the 2022 College Football Rankings for Week 6

For the next week...Beat Arizona.

Nothing.Else.Matters.

• Salute 1
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 4

It also gets back to our current goals and expectations.  For Oregon to be No. 12 right now with the butt-kicking we took from Georgia...I am counting my blessings!

When I look at the usual cabal of Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State and Clemson...I don't see Oregon busting through those for a Playoff spot.

But I do think it is possible to end in the top-ten, and if Oregon did that in Lanning's first year?

giphy.gif

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

In all honesty, the Ducks are in the perfect spot.  My issue was Ole Miss, passing the Ducks, even if they are 5-0.  Just like USC, if we beat them, the win looks so much better.

Win out strong, I like Oregon's chances.  Injuries take a toll on depth.  Have to keep Nix healthy.  His two near interceptions looked terrible.

Had Stanford been healthier, problems for Oregon.  Winning at Arizona a must with authority too.  Take no one for granted Ducks, Fly straight.

Lastly, TT not the man in my opinion.  Does not seem to have his head in the game.  Time to give Jay a shot at being a leader.  Bo took some serious hits and Oregon can not afford to lose him.

• Thumbs Up 4

A bit crazy to think if Oregon opens with San Jose State, Colorado State, UNLV, or something similar, instead of Georgia, it probably sits at #4 and controls it's own destiny.

Still rooting for some chaos (it is just is hard to see anyone taking out tOSU - not seeing a Michigan or Penn State upset - or a road opponent that might beat Clemson - as they never lose at home and look to be in good shape against whoever pulls out the Costal side).

Been totally rooting against USC with extra enthusiasm so far this year but it probably helps for them to be an undefeated and highly ranked Pac-12 Championship opponent. A win there probably would be plenty against any other one loss opponents not named Alabama or Georgia.

I know many find it strange but a playoff appearance, even if it doesn't go well THIS year, is going to be much > even winning a Rose Bowl after finishing the season as Pac-12 Champion but just outside the playoff. Playoff is just where it is at in college football these days.

I know many will feel winning the Rose Bowl is good for this year and would be a springboard for many future playoff appearances, but I think you jump on that shot anytime it comes around as you just never know what might happen in the future.

Crazy talk as Oregon even winning out I am sure wouldn't get a lot of bets nationally, but as fans we gotta keep dreaming.

Edited by AnotherOD
  • Great post! 1

On 10/2/2022 at 1:39 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

Here is a side by side comparison of the 2 polls. The Ducks are in the same spot in both. 

I can't believe USC is still so highly ranked. Click for enlarged view.

WWW.ESPN.COM

Visit ESPN to view the 2022 College Football Rankings for Week 6

USC’s defense is not top 6 worthy.  

• Great post! 1

On 10/2/2022 at 2:29 PM, debbieduck said:

USC’s defense is not top 6 worthy.  

Nick Aliotti in last nights Pac 12 report, agrees with you.

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/2/2022 at 1:52 PM, woundedknees said:

For the next week...Beat

team x, rinse and repeat.

On 10/2/2022 at 2:26 PM, AnotherOD said:

Still rooting for some chaos

Amen, plus we do get some chaos every year.  Too bad we have been a big part of it too often.

• Like 1

I absolutely love an undefeated Kansas sneaking in there.

The ultimate outsider (for football) 

If the Ducks keep winning, I'll be happy and not worry (too much) about the polls.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

All the Ducks can do is control their own destiny. Win out and be in a position to take advantage of any chaos that may happen.

Win out and the Ducks play in their 4th strait PAC title game. The Rose Bowl is a great goal to achieve in Lannings first year. The only sure way to get to the PAC title game is to go 9-0. 8-1 may not be good enough.

However, its all about winning the next game and nothing more. Afterall, one more loss and the CFP dream is gone. One loss and we could be in the Alamo Bowl or worse.

This team has to much talent and promise to not be in the 2023 Rose Bowl. GO DUCKS........ 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/2/2022 at 1:53 PM, Charles Fischer said:

It also gets back to our current goals and expectations.  For Oregon to be No. 12 right now with the butt-kicking we took from Georgia...I am counting my blessings!

When I look at the usual cabal of Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State and Clemson...I don't see Oregon busting through those for a Playoff spot.

But I do think it is possible to end in the top-ten, and if Oregon did that in Lanning's first year?

giphy.gif

We should feel lucky.  I can think of several teams behind them that might embarrass them. OBD are good, but not top 15 good.  

Clemson will have to lose twice now to get eliminated.  They are living on last decade's accomplishments right now ( a complete shadow of those awesome teams).  

Utah would give Clemson a run for the money had they finished off Florida.  USC can lose one, and the media would hype them.  Man I hope we face them undefeated and just obliterate them.  

But, I fear another loss or two is coming. And to think, I just bragged OBD would decide the fate of the conference.  Talk about embarrassing myself!!!

Sometimes Green and Yellow Kool Aide is simply irresistible.

On 10/2/2022 at 3:20 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Nick Aliotti in last nights Pac 12 report, agrees with you.

Well he certainly would know better than me.  Lol.     

Who cares? Just keep winning games and this will all be taken care of at the end of season. Just focus on Arizona.  BTW there are a lot of Cats fans on social media already penciling in a win over the Ducks on Sat. 

• Wow 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Teams are ranked and then a “market share” multiplier is applied for the final point total. 

If we could win out, highly unlikely, I'm afraid,  but totally possible.   Both Utah and USC  win out untill we play them,   That would give us two wins over top ten teams,  and possible by that time  a top 5 team. I think that would overload the Georgia loss and give us  great shot at being picked for the playoffs.   Unfortunately I see  a lot of pitfalls   from everyone in that scenario, but we got to dream   until someone drinks our Kool Aid.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/3/2022 at 6:08 AM, florida duck said:

If we could win out, highly unlikely, I'm afraid,  but totally possible.   Both Utah and USC  win out untill we play them,   That would give us two wins over top ten teams,  and possible by that time  a top 5 team. I think that would overload the Georgia loss and give us  great shot at being picked for the playoffs.   Unfortunately I see  a lot of pitfalls   from everyone in that scenario, but we got to dream   until someone drinks our Kool Aid.

If we win next Saturday, I'll be happy. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/2/2022 at 5:05 PM, 12Duck72 said:

Who cares? Just keep winning games and this will all be taken care of at the end of season. Just focus on Arizona.  BTW there are a lot of Cats fans on social media already penciling in a win over the Ducks on Sat. 

I heard they pulled out the Crayolas, keep IT inside the lines people at the Zona Zoo, INSIDE the LINES!  The moment we do not respect the Wildcats and play "smash them football" is the moment they upset the Ducks.  Oregon will need to play focused football and skin those Cats.

Arizona's last win against the Ducks was 2018 @ Oregon, 44 to 15, Marios first year as Head Coach.  Jedd Fisch is in his second year at Arizona, his first year record 1-11.  Coach Fisch starts 2022 off at 3-2, having last beat Colorado, who just fired their HC.  They have some confidence in beating the lowly Buffs and they are at home.

Oregon will stop the streak there.  The Ducks have the veteran players and a better coaching staff.  Scheme is everything and clean execution a priority.  Leaving rubber on the road in Tucson with "Wildcat stew, It's What's for Dinner".  Funded by Ducks flapping their wings and licking  their bills all over the world.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nick Aliotti, Nigel Burton rank PAC-12 teams through Week 5

From the FishDuck Feed...

PAC-12.COM

Pac-12 Networks' Guy Haberman, Nick Aliotti and Nigel Burton discuss the top teams in the Pac-12 following Week Five of the college football season. Follow Pac-12 football this season with...

USC has Utah the week after this which is a huge game and really goes along way in determining who will be in the Conference championship game.   But coming up this week is Washington State and it's going to be really easy for USC to start looking ahead to Utah and have a let down against WSU.   I don't know the line yet but I think WSU has a great chance to take down the Trojans this weekend.  

WSU isn't getting alot of press right now, they are not even rated, which is pretty surprising in my book.   Cam Ward is a hell of a quarterback who nearly took us down.   Trojans better be ready or WSU will sneak up and bite them on the arse!!

• Thumbs Up 2

Now remember, betting on football games is for entertainment only, not an investment plan. I'm all in on the USC parlay, the Trojans are going down...against WSU this week and at Utah next week. If OSU had just thrown 3 INT's, they beat USC. WSU's offense is much more potent than is OSU's. USC's D is big  on TO's this season, but I didn't see them forcing the picks against the Beavs, and I don't think they will against the Cougs...and at Utah. I just think the Utes roll over them. Fight Off. 

I love my Ducks... But, they would be humiliated in the playoffs.

As long as Ducks make the Pac12 Championship game and the Trojans miss the playoffs... I'm happy!