Charles Fischer

A New HIRE for Cristobal Might be Soon...

If he was coaching offensive line and tight ends in the past--I doubt this is for the position in the secondary!  Probably a quality control or analyst kind of spot?

Mr. FishDuck

That’s interesting, I just saw Woodiel’s name two days ago because he took a job at Louisville as quality control or something of that nature. In his time as a GA at Oregon there was a lot of love for Woodiel. When he left the twitter thread had the Sewells, Lemiuex, Throckmorton, plus others thanking and praising Woodiel. 
We’ve heard rumors of Cristobal being difficult to work for, but that’s now two former staff members in Chance and Woodiel coming back for lateral moves from another P-5. 

Oregon has room for one additional coach right now with the departure of Heyward.

If this hire is for Tight Ends that would mean that there is some reshuffling of the position coaches on the defensive side of the ball. Does Rod Chance take over coaching the entire secondary? Does DeRuyter take over some of the secondary and leave Wilson to coach all the line backers?

If this is a coaching hire that would mean Bobby Williams takes over coaching special teams exclusively. Oregon's special teams do need some love and attention right now. Kattleman looks poised to take hold on the place kicking job... Snee was ok at punter... kick off was horrible.

Special needs need some special attention right now.

Coach Mario might be difficult to work for in terms of wearing folks out... work/life balance is valued differently by different people, and young men are often more energetic in terms of being willing to work long hours. Woodiel is, what, 30-ish? Coach chance is a few years older, I think, but still early 30s. Someone in their 50s or 60s simply may not enjoy working as much as Mario wants his staff to.

It'll be interesting to see where the Ducks end up using Woodiel.

1 hour ago, RatherBe said:

We’ve heard rumors of Cristobal being difficult to work for, but that’s now two former staff members in Chance and Woodiel coming back for lateral moves from another P-5. 

I think coach Wilson also staying rather than leaving helps de-emphasize that cristobal is "difficult to work for." 

To that point I do think Cristobal is 'difficult to work for' but not in the sense that the rumor mill produces. I think he expects you to work hard, to recruit hard and to be prime examples to the players. In that regards I think he expects a lot more than many other coaches but I think the facts stand as oregon has had 4 straight p12#1 recruiting classes.

11 minutes ago, David Marsh said:

Oregon has room for one additional coach right now with the departure of Heyward.

If this hire is for Tight Ends that would mean that there is some reshuffling of the position coaches on the defensive side of the ball. Does Rod Chance take over coaching the entire secondary? Does DeRuyter take over some of the secondary and leave Wilson to coach all the line backers?

If this is a coaching hire that would mean Bobby Williams takes over coaching special teams exclusively. Oregon's special teams do need some love and attention right now. Kattleman looks poised to take hold on the place kicking job... Snee was ok at punter... kick off was horrible.

Special needs need some special attention right now.

No kidding. ST was the nail in the coffin against ISU.