Steven A

When the Undefeateds Will Go Down

League championships weren't in the formula as I'm (spoiler alert) two SEC teams can't go undefeated.

Maybe I’m over my skis here but I don’t see USC beating WSU this week. I was totally impressed with the Cougars. Looked extremely fast and are hard to plan for.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/4/2022 at 3:10 PM, Just Ducky said:

I don’t see USC beating WSU this week

One can only hope.

• Mic drop 1

Cougs have Motivation, lost in the last 3 minutes to Oregon.  They got no respect when they beat Cal, AP left them out of top 25.  Statement Game in LA. showing Wisconsin, almost Oregon was NO FLUKE.  Cougs are stalking but even the Trojans can not protect from the inevitable. GO Cats just let My Duckies Go.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Maybe I’m over my skis here but I don’t see USC beating WSU this week.

I'm with you. USC is the least worthy No.6 I can remember; they are playing just like we all said they would. "Fight On!" Not with this bunch. They lose to WSU, and then to Utah. 

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Maybe I’m over my skis here but I don’t see USC beating WSU this week. I was totally impressed with the Cougars. Looked extremely fast and are hard to plan for.

This will be one to watch how the refereeing goes.  Where's the game, California or Pullman?  If in Pullman, WSU has a good chance.  In Ca, it's probably not going to happen for the Cougs.

• Wow 1

On 10/4/2022 at 4:49 PM, Mic said:

Where's the game

$C

• Haha 1

Hope the Coogz don't get jobbed by idealistic PACRefs!

• Thumbs Up 1

In true Pac-12 cannibalism-fashion, WSU shocks USC.  Except this won't likely happen this weekend.  Darn it.

• Wow 1

I'm in agreement here. USC survived Oregon State because the Beavers threw 4 picks. Washington State has a better quarterback and just as disruptive of a defense. 

ASU even posed USC some problems last week and USC didn't pull away until the 4th quarter really. 

Washington State is well coached and hungry for a big win over a ranked opponent. Oregon was able to claw back into the game because Oregon has probably the most talented and complete roster in the Pac-12, Utah might have just as a complete roster but is not as talented on paper. USC has vulnerable offensive and defensive lines and Washington State will gleefully exploit. 

Expect to see Caleb Williams with grass stains on his jersey with this game. 

• Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Okay, so WSU is going to take care of USC. Done. But what about Utah at UCLA?  If the Bruins are still undefeated after that, Chip has something cookin'. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Have to agree with PAC 12 ‘After Dark’ pundits. Trojan DL has not proven itself which should keep Cam Ward in the game. On the other hand, playing cover 1 against Caleb Williams would be a recipe for disaster. Game at the coliseum tilts it towards the Troylets.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/5/2022 at 9:41 AM, Washington Waddler said:

On the other hand, playing cover 1 against Caleb Williams would be a recipe for disaster. Game at the coliseum tilts it towards the Troylets.

If the USC offensive line wasn't so porus I would agree... it will give Williams the chance to take some shots and score some points. USC has watched Oregon pick apart Washington State in the open field and watched Oregon take some successful shots down field. So USC will score some points. 

However, if you watch Nix take his shots down field, watch the offensive line. Nix was clean and had loads of time to set his feet and make his throw. Washington State will be aggressive and bust through that USC offensive line that is a far cry from Oregon's line. Williams will not consistently have the time he needs to make those passes. He is going to take some hits and he may even throw a pick or two because he forces a throw when his feet aren't set or he is rushed into a throw. 

If USC's offensive line can give Williams' time then it does bend towards USC winning... but I'm not convinced they will give him the time he needs. 

On 10/4/2022 at 3:32 PM, EzDucksIt said:

Cougs have Motivation, lost in the last 3 minutes to Oregon.  They got no respect when they beat Cal, AP left them out of top 25.  Statement Game in LA. showing Wisconsin, almost Oregon was NO FLUKE.  Cougs are stalking but even the Trojans can not protect from the inevitable. GO Cats just let My Duckies Go.

Wisconsin is a horrible team.  Worst Wisconsin team I have seen in past 15 years 

• Applause 1

On 10/5/2022 at 9:39 AM, 30Duck said:

Okay, so WSU is going to take care of USC. Done. But what about Utah at UCLA?  If the Bruins are still undefeated after that, Chip has something cookin'. 

UCLA was my pick 2 weeks ago as one off the teams in the PAC-12 Championship game.  

On 10/4/2022 at 8:03 PM, woundedknees said:

Hope the Coogz don't get jobbed by idealistic PACRefs!

"Idealistic", is that what you term all these calls going against one team over another?  

I'd almost describe it as favoritism - but I'm loathe to blast referees because sports programs are having a real hard time filling all the positions needed in sports programs across the country.  I hope (pray) our Refs are not biased, but at times one does wonder.

I've never rooted for WSU in my life. First time for everything.

• Haha 1

On 10/4/2022 at 2:33 PM, Steven A said:

League championships weren't in the formula as I'm (spoiler alert) two SEC teams can't go undefeated.

Given this analysis, I guess we start penciling in Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee and Clemson.  Unless the quirky 'Football Gods' have their say.  Lord, I certainly hope they do!

On 10/5/2022 at 2:08 PM, Mic said:

Given this analysis, I guess we start penciling in Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee and Clemson.  Unless the quirky 'Football Gods' have their say.  Lord, I certainly hope they do!

Two SEC teams can make it through but not three... if there are three SEC teams those will be some awful viewership numbers. They have managed to let two SEC teams in because of their records and having only one loss even while playing in the Championship game. Three SEC teams should not happen because in this case Tennessee or Georgia would have already played each other and eliminated one from the playoff race to face Alabama in the championship game. 

However.... I am sure they could find a way to justify three SEC teams if they really wanted to. So... never-mind.. expect three SEC teams at this point. 

• Haha 1

On 10/5/2022 at 2:24 PM, David Marsh said:

So... never-mind.. expect three SEC teams at this point. 

I think theeOhio State would get in over the third SEC team. I would guess another round of Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Clemson. 

On 10/5/2022 at 9:56 AM, David Marsh said:

USC's offensive line can give Williams' time then it does bend towards USC winning... but I'm not convinced they will give him the time he needs. 

For the majority of quarterbacks, I’d agree. However, Williams has consistently shown the ability to rise to the occasion and produce outside the pocket. WSU’s front seven speed might well deny him the time to find an open target, but I’m not sure I’d call it a safe bet that he won’t be just as dangerous under pressure against them as he has been against others.

I have not been impressed by The University of Southern California football team. The number six team in the nation has beaten Rice, Stanford, and Fresno State. WOW ! The Beav’s came with in a hairy tail (17-14) of raining on their parade.

I’m predicting a two game stutter step for our little beauty's down south. First, Washington State does NOT Coug it but in fact beats the Trojans with seaming ease. Next week Utah proves to be the nemesis, being generous with the points scored but greedy with points allowed.

You heard it hear first !

• Applause 1

For the optics of the Pac-12, we don't want WSU to beat USC.  We don't want the Pac-12 to cannibalize themselves.  Makes the Pac-12 look weaker than it is.  I dislike USC as much as everybody else, but we need them to only lose to Utah and maybe UCLA, if UCLA beats Utah.  UW can't lose to anybody else except the Ducks and maybe WSU.