Haywarduck

How Long Will MariØ Last At Miami?

MariØ signed a 10 year $80 million dollar contract. History isn't his, or I suppose Miami's, friend when looking at Oregon head coaches going to other schools. How long do you think he lasts?

With the demands of the alumni and MarØ's thin skin I don't think he will last through the 3rd season.

He is probably going to lose more games than the alumni want this season, but I can't see it ending that soon. 

It is like watching two trains headed straight for each other from afar. MariØ's words are easy to buy into, but the reality is where the collision will occur. The alumni bought the words, like we did, but those words don't add up to much.

Miami is headed for an FSU, Nebraska like ending with this big hire.

• Thumbs Up 1

With the huge amount of money Miami payed for this guy, had to bite my tongue there, they may not have much patience with mister run up the middle into a nine man front guy.

• Thumbs Up 1

He had a win last weekend (because they had a bye 😄), so his seat prolly isn't any hotter, but I feel like Miami will ride out the season with him, at least. Mariø will win a few more games, just enough to cool his seat a bit. He will talk big all off season long, pumping more sunshine, and prolly repeat this years results again next season. 

That's far enough into the future for me. I feel if his recruiting holds, he will get through 2 seasons. Beyond that, who knows.  

• Thumbs Up 1

I don’t know what his buy out is. His relative who is helping fund things has been giving him glowing reviews. I would say he lasts as long as Jimbo at A&M.

• Thumbs Up 1

I’ll guess 5 years.  He will end up recruiting well enough to win 8 to 10 games a year in the ACC.  It is not like there is much competition outside of Clemson and 1-2 other schools that get hot or are set up for a good year, like an FSU, NCSU, UNC or maybe Wake.  

Once fans realize that his conservative style won’t win them playoff games, he will eventually get replaced. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/4/2022 at 3:26 PM, Krsmqn said:

That's far enough into the future for me. I feel if his recruiting holds, he will get through 2 seasons. Beyond that, who knows.  

Yeah, this is kinda what I'm thinking: two full seasons, possibly, (but only possibly) a third - but not if they don't climb back into the Top 25 in rankings.  They didn't pay those gazillions of $ to be waiting around to get back in the title picture.  My guess is he'll do a little better next year, then fall flat in the middle of the 3rd year and get let go.  But I really don't care.

GO OREGON!

Edited by Mic
  • Thumbs Up 1

He'll play the "just wait until I have my guys" thing 

Then...

Making adjustments, brought in a new O coordinator to open things up...

Then...

We just have to get tougher!

Then...

He'll see how far that goes.

3 years? 

• Haha 1

2.5 years, then tears.  That's my complete guess.  2.5 years.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh my Duck Feathers!  In week #6 of the season and ALREADY, Buyers Remorse in Miami. . . . Got to pay off Mario's new digs first, then you can let him go. . . "Tropical Storm Mario" has left the building well The Eastern Pacific back in 2019, was a weak storm that gradually lost speed, never making land fall.  Somehow, made it to Miami though.

• Haha 2

2 years then bye bye MC.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am sticking with my original prediction, of four years. Due to recruiting alone, he will improve them from where they were and fans will be patient but antsy as he loses games that he shouldn’t.

By the end of the fourth year, they will be thinking as Oregon fans dead at the end of our fourth year of him.

• Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

It's hilarious reading some of the Miami forums.  They're blaming the quality of their players, the players drive and physicality, the coaching staff, specifically their OC.  They're rationalizing that it takes time to get "his players", and to implement his system.  Most simply refuse to see Mari-no-o's shortcomings as a head coach.  They don't recognize his stubborness, his conservative physical game plan, his inability to trust his OCs to use his knowledge to get an offense that best utilizes their players talents and abilities.  They don't see his failure to loosen his reins and let his staff do what they're there to do, they don't see his in game coaching weaknesses, nor his thin skin when criticized.

I appeciate what he did while here, his recruiting , his timely replacing of Taggart, but once he was booed here for his pathetic, predictable conservative offense, he was mentally out the door.  Thank you Miami.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I am just ecstatic the he is Miami’s problem and not ours!  I’d guess he completes this year and two more before being sent packing.

• Thumbs Up 1

One of the things creating Miami’s blind spot to Mario’s coaching woes, is their lack of respect for Oregon.

They say he won the PAC 12 and got to the Rose Bowl. What they don’t comprehend is that every UO coach that’s been here two years or more, has also one the PAC and played in the Rose Bowl or NY 6 equivalent.

UO has basically been the Clemson of the PAC for the last 15 years. The brand has been built. Helfrich coasted to the Championship with Chip’s machine.

Mario’s peak year was 2019. The seniors leading that team were Justin Herbert and Troy Dye. I’d say they took the team as far as they could. Mario kept them from playing in the Natty. 

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1

I'm saying 4 years before he's coaching Bluefield State College or Judson University. I think the university will give him a shot with Jake Garcia. They are going to want to see what their investment does with a 5 star QB. If Josh Gattis sticks around for at least one season with Garcia and gets production out of him that may stretch him to approximately the 4 year mark.

What I see happening is Jake Garcia starts out promising and then starts to regress under the prevent offense. Josh Gattis gets a head coaching gig and MC brings in another OC. The fans and the university will, at that point, see the offense remaining the same and understand the root of the problem lies not with his supporting staff but MC himself.

MC should have a roster full of talent that is going absolutely no where. By year 4, Manny Diaz gives a slight chuckle when he wakes up Monday morning of week 6 to read that Mario Cristobal and Dan Radakovich have been relieved of their positions.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1