30Duck

Washington Thinks Oregon Is ?

Now, do we really care what Udub thinks about the U of O? Not really. But there is always something to learn from hearing opposing views, and surprisingly I know, there is some good discussion going on here.

This is a great example:

Oregon won 11 games six times in 10 years prior to this season

We’ve won 11 games three times in our history.

CJ Verdell_Truong Nguyen.jpg

The comments are great in this article. One poster is your stereotypical Husky, convinced that Oregon is lucky, only good because of NIKE, believes that Washington is a historic football school. It's great reading the two commenters go over this, here's a sample:

It’s gut time, but I think we’ve got a better HC than Oregon

You know I like and respect you, but statements like this are just so useless. Husky has gut feeling that Husky coach is better than Oregon coach? Call the papers!

Now, we have issues with Mario, well basically, one issue. The Huskies can keep Lake. 

My wife went to UW... and a major reason why our relationship works is that she doesn't care at all about Football and supports the Ducks because that makes me a much happier human to be around.

Now... it is really nice that Oregon has beaten UW the past few years and have won the Pac-12 Championship twice as well.

My inlaws are casual Husky fans as they have more links to the University than to the sports program. They also feel the UW-WSU rivalry is the bigger rivalry rather than Oregon v Washington. So when hate week rolls around there isn't much hate... but I still love seeing the Huskies lose and lose often.

"...by the article standards many here fret about Oregon being a tier 2, or (gulp) even tier 1 program. That is simply over valuation on our part due to irrational rival stuff and the facts of our recent history which I stated above. In reality they are a tier 3 program with an asterisk. The asterisk is they lack the some of the advantages that keep them from dropping from national relevance." (From the comments of the linked article)

This sums up a lot of Husky fears of Oregon. They have the better history and recruiting ground and yet Oregon is the program on the rise.

They are also very bitter about not playing in the Pac-12 Championship game. I think if the Oregon-Washington game happened this year they would feel the same.. as Oregon would have beat them. Simply put, Oregon's defense bottomed out against OSU and was rebounding against Cal (the offense failed against Cal) and the defense met some of our base level expectations against USC. I think If Oregon played Washington this year Washington would have been on the receiving end of an angry Oregon defense out to prove something. Especially since Washington's offense looked bad.

Thanks for the link 30... reading the comments has been entertaining and I have wanted to dump a bucket of cold water on their fan base as that Husky fan base really believe they are in the tier 1 or at least tier 2 camp... never mind the fact that Oregon has won more New Years Six games this past decade (4: 2012 Rose, 2012-12 Fiesta, 2015 Rose, 2020 Rose) than Washington has in the past two decades (1: 2000 Rose). Under the Peterson years Washington failed to win any major bowl games and now I think Washington fans are looking into the abyss as Oregon prepares for their second NY6 game in as many years and they know that Oregon is building a juggernaut and Husky fans are in denial.

David, you have your wife and in laws, I have cousins who are obnoxious Huskies, that's actually redundant. But, to the point, you did a good job showing just how delusional the Husky fans are, Washington IS NOT a historic program. Never were, never will be. 

The Don James era teams were good, they even have a championship? But that does that a historic program make? I say, nay! Now, they look at Oregon and its brand, the fact that it's Oregon dominating the Pac-12 across its breadth, and it makes them sick! There are two top 5 recruits in Washington, 1 already picked Ohio State, the other isn't going to Washington either, and again, I say,  next season, the Beavers finish ahead of the Huskies in the North!

Back in the day the dawgs lost Jstew and now they are losing two of the top, elite, athletes to other states programs. Until they can recruit in state talent they are doomed to continue to be preseason champs and a program that was almost, but never really.

Oregon lost some talent to other programs as the Helfrich era unwinded. Helfrich even joked about losing Talanoa cost him his job. Oregon is now getting the instate talent and the CA talent along with other.  The article was insightful, but it comes down to recruiting to give a program a chance. Oregon has a chance, the dawgs, not so much.

As far as Oregon basketball, the end of the Kamikaze Kids was when Harter didn't sign Danny Ainge. You have to sign big in state talent, or the job of coaching becomes much harder.

Puppy fans believe they have a great football team and superior academic programs at Washington. Just ask them. They hate seeing Oregon having success. They are always a few good years away from having a football dynasty. 

Laughable. 

Also you kind of lost me at 'Washington thinks."