Pennsylvania Duck

Who Is Facing the Most Pressure in the Pac-12 After 5 Weeks?

The pressure is all the way up as we enter the halfway point in the college football season

WWW.SI.COM

The pressure is all the way up as we enter the halfway point in the college football season

• Applause 1

The HC of Colorado (Mike Sanford) not on this list?  

I know it's his first year but ask yourself how would Lanning (or Dickert, or DeBoer) be faring if they were 0-5?  OK, it's not quite the same thing because of the talent gap twixt O, WSU, UW and CU, but still ...

On 10/8/2022 at 8:24 AM, Mic said:

The HC of Colorado (Mike Sanford) not on this list?  

I know it's his first year

Wasn't Karl Dorrell just fired as the Buff Coach a week or so ago?  The 0-5 is not attributed entirely to Sanford when he is just an interim coach.

Mr. FishDuck

USC

On 10/8/2022 at 8:34 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Wasn't Karl Dorrell just fired as the Buff Coach a week or so ago?  The 0-5 is not attributed entirely to Sanford when he is just an interim coach.

Yes he was, I had forgotten that Charles.  But then this begs the question "why wasn't Dorrell on the list?"

The Ducks

They won't beat this team if they don't cleanup penalties. I believe they lead the league.

If they win on the road and keep penalties down it will set them up pretty well and help win on the road against Cal.

1a)

UCLA - Chipper is raising a lot of expectations among bruin fans, and after the last few unexciting years, that fan base is impatient. I feel like if this start turns into a letdown season, his seat is going to get pretty darn hot. 

1b)

USC - they are BACK! ... Or so their fans wanna think.  For a program famous for how it has parted ways with some of their coaches, LR might just keep an eye over his shoulder if they don't meet expectations. I'm not saying he will be fired if they don't make the playoffs... But if he did get fired for not making the playoffs, ... would it surprise you? 

Obviously Oregon isn't going to be on this list, for me, because Oregon isn't a ruthless program.

Right?... 🤔

Edited by Krsmqn

On 10/8/2022 at 11:50 AM, Mic said:

"why wasn't Dorrell on the list?"

Hi Mic. The author is rating the pressure after the first 5 games. I believe he considers the pressure is off at Colorado because they've already taken measures to improve

by firing Dorrell and have an interim coach. Though the fans at Colorado would like to see a win, it seems like this is already a "lost" season for them.

• Thumbs Up 1