Babyjesus615

Midday Kickoff for Ducks vs UCLA (Chances for GameDay Increasing)

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

The No. 12 Ducks (5-1, 3-0 Pac-12) will host the No. 11 Bruins (6-0, 3-0) at 12:30 p.m. PT on Oct. 22 at Autzen Stadium.

Looks like the game is set for a midday kickoff. This is setting up well for Gameday heading back to Eugene!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yay! I love 12:30 start times!

(Now I'll hope for no rain and no smoke!)

• Let’s hope! 2

Just checked 14-day forecast in Eugene and the only day of outright rain, versus sprinkles, is (you guessed it) Saturday, Oct. 22. But hey, how accurate can a long-range forecast be?

• Haha 1

On 10/10/2022 at 10:57 AM, Annie said:

I'll hope for no rain

Looking like 58% chance as of today. My pink wig might get a little wet!

• Wow 1

On 10/10/2022 at 11:19 AM, RichardDuck said:

the only day of outright rain, versus sprinkles, is (you guessed it) Saturday, Oct. 22.

WHOA, you doubt Don Essig, BLASPHMEY. 

On 10/10/2022 at 11:19 AM, RichardDuck said:

Just checked 14-day forecast in Eugene and the only day of outright rain, versus sprinkles, is (you guessed it) Saturday, Oct. 22. But hey, how accurate can a long-range forecast be?

Richard, Richard, Richard!   You forgot, "It never rains in Autzen Stadium".  Now smoke might be a bit of a problem.  But not rain.  

(In answer to your question, not very.)

Would GameDay show up for a Fox broadcast?

Love it.  Nothing says tradition like a 12:30 kickoff (yeah I'm old).

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/10/2022 at 3:43 PM, Log Haulin said:

Would GameDay show up for a Fox broadcast?

Yes.

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

By my estimations Oregon is 16-10 when featured on College GameDay for a 64% winning percentage.

I believe the win probability for this game is currently at 72%.

I'm not sure the added stress of CGD is worth the attention it brings. But, it always seems to ramp up the game day experience for the students and that always makes for a great atmosphere. Plus, the aerial photos of the campus (and surroundings) are always incredible. Oregon sure is beautiful on camera.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nothing as far as I know has been announced yet about CGD but Charles is right - they've been to a team's field before when the game was on FS-1 (we've been told by Joey Mac).  

Think of it: 6-0 vs 5-1. #11 vs #12 (and vice versa).  Chip Kelly vs. Kenny Dillingham (the younger image of himself, almost) and DTR vs Bo Nix.  Both teams scoring at a near 50 point clip. 

CGD would be foolish NOT to consider flying out to Eugene but they may have to leave Lee Corso home for this one.  Too much excitement!

• Applause 1

On 10/10/2022 at 6:50 PM, noDucknewby said:

Love it.  Nothing says tradition like a 12:30 kickoff (yeah I'm old).

I'm relatively old, too. And, I live in the Eastern Time Zone. These nine, 10, and 11:00 p.m EST starts have been killing me. I need my Beauty sleep, cuz I'm certainly not getting prettier with time. A 3:30 start time will give me ample time to take my vitamins before hitting the rack!

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

Oregon football: UCLA game could bring ESPN College GameDay to Eugene

AUTZENZOO.COM

Oregon football is getting set for a visit from the UCLA Bruins in a few weeks, and that game could draw ESPN College GameDay to Autzen Stadium. While the ...

• Thumbs Up 1

I just read an article about USC being snubbed by College Gameday this week. What was interesting was they mentioned that CG wouldn’t even go to Michigan this week for the Penn St. game (4 vs10) because Fox’s Big Noon Saturday was going to be there.

They were both on site for Texas/Bama, but maybe it was too difficult and they didn’t want to do it again.

Anyway, despite the fact that Fox is carrying Oregon/UCLA, Big Noon Saturday will be at Ohio State. So, there’s still a chance even though I know they hate starting their show at 6:00 AM.

GameDay was at the Kansas vs TCU game, that game was on Fox.  Maybe, Big Noon Kick off for Fox will show up for our game against Utah.

On 10/10/2022 at 7:07 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

Oregon football: UCLA game could bring ESPN College GameDay to Eugene

AUTZENZOO.COM

Oregon football is getting set for a visit from the UCLA Bruins in a few weeks, and that game could draw ESPN College GameDay to Autzen Stadium. While the ...

I think it's like 70/30 that gameday picks Autzen.  Herbstreit and Corso have a soft spot for the ducks and the drama with an undefeated UCLA under Kelly is too much.

Something to note here is that UCLA isn't scheduled to play Oregon next year and with them leaving the conference this may be the last time Oregon plays UCLA for a long time.

We do host USC at Autzen next year and that game will be  huge as well.