NJDuck

Canzano: Big Ten Sounds Like it's Standing Down vs. Pac-12

"Shift of tone from kevin Warren.  It seems Warren and the Big Ten are backing off, for now."

WWW.JOHNCANZANO.COM

Shift of tone from Kevin Warren.

This is in direct conflict to the comments that Rick Neuheisel made on ESPN radio yesterday, indicating that his sources have told him that Oregon and Washington to the BIG is a done deal.  

Someone is wrong.   There is so much conflicting information, it is hard to know what to believe.  

Edited by GeotechDuck
  • Thumbs Up 1

A good rule of thumb, IMHO, is to never believe Rick Neuheisel.

• Haha 3
  • Mic drop 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

This quote from John Canzano's article referenced above just absolutely frosted me:

" I also think the Irish are better off remaining independent, as long as they have access to the College Football Playoff and a pile of media-rights money."  - Kevin Warren.

This is why so many CFB football fans have grown to almost hate the Notre Dame Fighting Irish.  It's their dam_ed condescending, independence, free from any tough conference opponents, schedules and competition that make it patently unfair to other college teams fighting thru tough inter-conference battles to try and make it to a bowl game and, hopefully, a Natty Playoff.

Here's ND, with enormous resources, publicity (and long-past glories) to pretty much schedule who, what, where and when, (with too-few exceptions) to position themselves for ever constant bowl or playoff opportunities.  We talk about UCLA getting 8 home games this season.  That's nothing to ND playing 8 teams a year with little expectation of ever beating them. And then making sure any "tough" opponents they have to face come to South Bend as frequently as they can get away with scheduling it.

I wonder, if USC continues it's rise in power under Lincoln Riley how long ND is gonna want to keep facing them once a season?  ND to the Big1?  Hah!  I'll believe it when I see it!  Why should they encumber themselves with conference pitfalls if they don't have to ?  They seem to feel the National Championship Playoff system needs them rather than the other way around!

That's why I stoutly and emphatically maintain the CFB Playoff system be limited to Conference Champions only. Let each conference decide for themselves how best to determine their champion.   Force "Independent" ND to get themselves in the same system most of the rest of the CFB has to labor thru.  Or screw 'em!

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/12/2022 at 4:36 PM, Mic said:

This quote from John Canzano's article referenced above just absolutely frosted me:

" I also think the Irish are better off remaining independent, as long as they have access to the College Football Playoff and a pile of media-rights money."  - Kevin Warren.

This is why so many CFB football fans have grown to almost hate the Notre Dame Fighting Irish.  It's their dam_ed condescending, independence, free from any tough conference opponents, schedules and competition that make it patently unfair to other college teams fighting thru tough inter-conference battles to try and make it to a bowl game and, hopefully, a Natty Playoff.

Here's ND, with enormous resources, publicity (and long-past glories) to pretty much schedule who, what, where and when, (with too-few exceptions) to position themselves for ever constant bowl or playoff opportunities.  We talk about UCLA getting 8 home games this season.  That's nothing to ND playing 8 teams a year with little expectation of ever beating them. And then making sure any "tough" opponents they have to face come to South Bend as frequently as they can get away with scheduling it.

I wonder, if USC continues it's rise in power under Lincoln Riley how long ND is gonna want to keep facing them once a season?  ND to the Big1?  Hah!  I'll believe it when I see it!  Why should they encumber themselves with conference pitfalls if they don't have to ?  They seem to feel the National Championship Playoff system needs them rather than the other way around!

That's why I stoutly and emphatically maintain the CFB Playoff system be limited to Conference Champions only. Let each conference decide for themselves how best to determine their champion.   Force "Independent" ND to get themselves in the same system most of the rest of the CFB has to labor thru.  Or screw 'em!

And they will be back to 8-4 at best with Brian Kelly gone

On 10/12/2022 at 4:42 PM, JDuck said:

And they will be back to 8-4 at best with Brian Kelly gone

... and getting "serious" consideration for another New Year's 6 bowl by the East Coast media suck-ups.

• Haha 1

Make no mistake, until a new TV deal is signed Oregon and Washington are still in play for the B1G. As we saw with the quickly expanded CFP the situation is extremely fluid.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/12/2022 at 4:50 PM, noDucknewby said:

Make no mistake, until a new TV deal is signed Oregon and Washington are still in play for the B1G. As we saw with the quickly expanded CFP the situation is extremely fluid.

Of course.  But we can make our appeal to Thor to strike thunder thru the heart of anyone signing the deal in ink.

On 10/12/2022 at 4:36 PM, Mic said:

If you take another look at the article, I believe those are Canzano's thoughts / words in commenting on what Kevin Warren had said above. YMMV

Notre Dame is the biggest fraud team ever.  They are 0-8 in BCS/New Year's Six games.  The program's last major bowl win was in 1994, when they beat Texas A&M in the Cotton Bowl.

Since the season has started, I've realized how much I like games with West Coast opponents. You know, the PAC, however many members it has.

When you get Washington State, then Stanford, then Arizona, you realize how much you like the West and the regional nature of the PAC games. It's the history, the geography, the variety, the fact you may have been to a lot of the other states, that makes the games seem more fun to me.

How excited could anyone get about playing Purdue in November?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/12/2022 at 7:58 PM, jrw said:

Since the season has started, I've realized how much I like games with West Coast opponents. You know, the PAC, however many members it has.

When you get Washington State, then Stanford, then Arizona, you realize how much you like the West and the regional nature of the PAC games. It's the history, the geography, the variety, the fact you may have been to a lot of the other states, that makes the games seem more fun to me.

How excited could anyone get about playing Purdue in November?

Precisely my feelings; I don not want to play Iowa instead of Arizona, and if it is in the cold?  Make it Pullman and not Minnesota...

Mr. FishDuck

In 5 yrs this won’t matter anymore. Inevitable