Tandaian

5 Big Games for Duck Fans to Watch this Week

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Don’t know what to watch without Duck football on Saturday? We’ve got some important games for you to pay attention to.

• Thanks 1

SC at Utah my #1 watch Saturday.  Go Utes!  (yeah, i know I should be rooting for USC but ... I ... just ... can't!)

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/14/2022 at 8:38 AM, Mic said:

SC at Utah my #1 watch Saturday.  Go Utes!  (yeah, i know I should be rooting for USC but ... I ... just ... can't!)

I have the "good-or-good" approach.  If Utah wins--good for them and their fans.  If USC wins--it helps the conference and can later help Oregon.  It's good-or-good.

• Cool 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

You don't have to. The CFP poll will be dropping in the next few weeks. That poll is what matters. 

USC has the hype train of the AP behind them right now and when you read the vast majority of articles about USC right now you wonder what games they have been watching. 

USC has been good but far from dominant. Caleb Williams has been good but he hasn't been Heisman finalist good. That's where the hype is right now.

• Cool 1

I’m watching USC vs Utah 

Utah wins 31-24

Bama vs Tennessee. 

Tennessee wins by 10.  Regardless of who starts at QB for Bama 

• Wow 1

Bold predictions debbie.  I like that.  I'd also like it if they come true, tho my son-in-law might be devastated if Tennessee wins.  Somehow I just can't quite get myself to believe Tennessee can do it.  Too many years of being dominated by Alabama whom I'm sure will have a game plan to win w/o their best QB.  Here's the results of the last 12 matchups.

2007: Alabama 41, Tennessee 17

2008: Alabama 29, Tennessee 9

2009: Alabama 12, Tennessee 10

2010: Alabama 41, Tennessee 10

2011: Alabama 37, Tennessee 6

2012: Alabama 44, Tennessee 13

2013: Alabama 45, Tennessee 10

2014: Alabama 34, Tennessee 20

2015: Alabama 19, Tennessee 14

2016: Alabama 49, Tennessee 10

2017: Alabama 45, Tennessee 7

2018: Alabama 58, Tennessee 21

Alabama leads series 56-38 with 7 ties. 13 of the last 14.  Twelve in a row.

Edited by Mic

( Reminder to self: Go back and see why the Alabama-Tennessee rivalry (which dates back over 120 years) was 'suspended' between 2019 - 2021.)

I'm with you brother.

To quote Dr. Seuss... "I do not like them here or there. I do not like them anywhere."

Yes, he is still my favorite Doctor. He will always be wise in my eyes.

• Haha 2
  • Applause 2

I sometimes ask myself why are certain teams so easy to dislike, like USC, ND, Wash?  Is it the media coverage they get?  Let 'em win 3 or 4 games in a row against almost nobody and suddenly (!) they're the cat's meow.  

Personally, I have no issues with Lincoln Riley,  Marcus Freeman or Karen DeBoar; they seem like decent guys and good coaches (esp Riley). Only two are actual rivals, or at least until USC flees for the B1G.  Common sense would dictate O fans should hope for USC & Wash to win games to lend luster to Oregon when Oregon beats them (if they can).  

But I just can't get myself to ever root for any of these three regardless of how it would help the Ducks when/if they play and Oregon wins.  I try ... but it's not in my DNA, I guess.  Sometimes fan rivalries just don't make sense; but boy (!) are they real.

I hope Utah puts the smack down on USC like never before.  However, I'd not put a nickel to a dime on it.  Alas.

Oregon’s best, perhaps only, path to the playoffs is for the Ducks to win out, and for USC to go undefeated in the Pac, then fall to Oregon in the championship game.

I wouldn’t bet on that scenario. But I see it as the only way the Ducks make the final four.

On 10/14/2022 at 10:55 AM, Mic said:

I sometimes ask myself why are certain teams so easy to dislike, like USC, ND, Wash?  Is it the media coverage they get?

Mic, you loathe the same exact teams I do. They also happen to be the most perpetually overrated teams in college football. That tied to their delusional fan bases makes them completely intolerable to me.

Sure, I get tired of always hearing about the tOSUs and the Alabamas of the sport. But, I can respect them for their accomplishments. USC, ND, UW have earned no respect from me. I will NEVER root for ANY of them.

On 10/14/2022 at 9:19 AM, debbieduck said:

Bama vs Tennessee. 

Tennessee wins by 10.  Regardless of who starts at QB for Bama 

I really hope this happens; Bama hasn't been BAMing teams this season, I take the Beavs -3.5 over the Cougs, and can AZ somehow be Dirty Harry and 'Make our Day' by beating Washington?