Charles Fischer

Why Sign Up to be an OBD Member? NO MORE SCROLLING to Where You Left Off Reading!

My friends, it is true.  How would you like to come to the forum and with one click go right to the precise spot you left off reading in a thread?

You can!  It is so cool...and you can truly do it with one click.

Let's say you've read the first eight posts in a thread and come back later in the day to see that there are now 23 posts, but none of us remembers where we left off at?  (I know I don't) That means you have to scroll and check what you've read with every thread--a terrible waste of time.

When you sign up to be a free member of the OBD forum, you will see "Reading Marks" to the left of the threads on the first page.  They are big dots or stars.

The stars indicate threads you have posted in, while the dots are threads you have read, but not posted in.  By clicking on them--you go right to where you left off reading!

My FishDuck Friends, please take two minutes to read the directions and save yourself TONS of time, and it makes being here so much more enjoyable. You can clear them all by clicking on "Mark Forum as Read" at the top and when you return?  Only dots or stars are next to threads where you have not read new posts in them.  Click on the dot or star and go where you left off?

Incredible!  Such a time saver, and so much easier!  So few people use them or even know about them, yet these Reading Marks are...

giphy.gif

(Other OBD Members will confirm that if you sign up to be a OBD member--you are not hit with marketing emails, nor is your information ever shared with any other source. I made that promise 11 years ago and am proud that the thousands of people have not ever had to worry about it. I know I hate it when my own information is sold to other entities, and I have never done it to OBD members, and never will)

• Thanks 3
  • Applause 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Excellent.  

Hasn't this been in effect for several months?  I know when I click on a dot it takes me to about where I left off.  I say about because on my computer I need to scroll up because I am just below the first unread post.

It is a nice feature.

• Thumbs Up 1

This has been in effect since the beginning, but very few seem to know of it.  I wanted the non-members, (which is 85% of those are here) to know they could get this feature if they take a minute and sign up.

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

I use those markers all the time. It is so convenient to come back to a thread, even after a number of days, and go right to where I left off.

Think of all the time you waste by scrolling and scanning to find the spot you left off. Those dots or stars are wonderful time savers!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Jeez, next thing you know you'll tell us there is a way to "clear" the forum and only show new posts from the last time we viewed the forum.

• Haha 1