Charles Fischer

Mr. FishDuck is an OLD FART: What Do You Call This?

I am not hip, cool, chill or anything so I do not know how to interpret this celebration by Terrance Ferguson and Bo Nix after his 80 touchdown run against Stanford.  What is this?  Is he imitating a mesh?  Geez...

Terrance Ferguson and Bo Nix after his 80 yard TD by JT.jpg

I was spending another couple of hours working on photos for the FishDuck writers and this photo by Jerry Thompson of Ducks Illustrated fascinates me.  Thoughts?

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

Not sure what that was but really thought the Cleveland Guardian (Josh Naylor) circling the bases rocking the baby show may have been the dumbest celebration I have ever seen. This is a good video of breaking the football celebration rules if you have not caught it before.

Edited by LADuck
  • Haha 2

On 10/18/2022 at 8:49 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I am not hip, cool, chill

I guess that makes you a Guinness.

• Mic drop 1

Guinness Draught, anyone?

I once had that at the ESPN ZONE at Downtown Disney in Anaheim (My late son and I used to do that any time we had the Grand-kids at Disneyland during football season.) while watching OBD were playing.  pound an opponent into the dust.

(It was a limited edition, Honey Gold, or something like that. I'm not a beer lover, but that was good stuff!)

Oh, heck! CK was our coach, at the time!

• Cool 1

Old people aren't supposed to understand. It's why young people do half of what they do. Always has been, always will be.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Celebrating a good play with teammates is part of the fun of playing football. A lot of hard work in practice goes into making these plays work.

However, in my opinion,  the celebration routines that have been previously choreographed are boorish. Celebrations by individuals for every average play they make, that should be expected for their position, get old as well. 

• Thumbs Up 2

You may be an old fart Mr. Fishduck. But after watching that 80 yard highlight at least a dozen times, all I can say is I think the photo you have, is taken at a point after a celebratory low-five. And just before a full upper body muscle flex. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/19/2022 at 8:13 AM, jrw said:

Old people aren't supposed to understand. It's why young people do half of what they do. Always has been, always will be.

Good one, and so true.

giphy.gif

• Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck