Charles Fischer

GameDay Thread versus UCLA: Join Us!

It'll be a nice win, but it feels like the D gives up too much still.  In a playoff level game I don't think we can "bend" that much.

On 10/22/2022 at 6:44 PM, JDuck said:

It'll be a nice win, but it feels like the D gives up too much still.  In a playoff level game I don't think we can "bend" that much.

I have these same reservations, but I won’t let that diminish the domination they showed today. When it looked like each team was going to score every time they touched the ball, our D held them to 3 FG’s when we were scoring TD’s.

• Thumbs Up 2

We're losing discipline late, it's all but over but still...

Every week, we are getting dinged with an ineligible receiver downfield.  How do we clean that up?

Remember how terrified we'd all be under Mario trying to see out a game with a lead?

• Thumbs Up 1

Bo SIX!

• Thumbs Up 1

And then there was 1, last of the undefeated in the Pac-12.

Great call to end the game and not give the ball to UCLA for a play!

• Thumbs Up 1

Greetings from Salt Lake.

Many big grats/kudos/etc, for puncturing the inflated balloon that was UCLA.

But it appears there's another "circle of Suck" forming... Team 1 beats Team 2 which beats Team 3, which Beats Team 4, which beats Team 1.. That sort of thing this conference is infamous for  😄

Certainly sets up a pivotal showdown when Utah travels to Eugene.

Until then, Have a great day!

• Thumbs Up 1

Oregons D gave up 30 to one of the best offenses in the country. Made some big stops multiple times in the redzone. Gave DTR his 3rd int.  I am happy with the D.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/22/2022 at 3:54 PM, jrw said:

Remember how terrified we'd all be under Mario trying to see out a game with a lead?

Clock management was superb as was the mixture of aggressiveness and play-it-safe in the play calling. One of the best Oregon efforts since Chip was coach. 

Great win!

I do have some reservations, however. I hear talk about "playoff", and I can't accept it. I do not think Oregon is a playoff team yet. UCLA is good, maybe even great, but certainly not elite. No Pac12 team is elite this year, imo. Including Oregon. It takes being elite to be a playoff team. I do believe Oregon is on the way, and perhaps next year, but there will be inconsistencies even still with a QB change, and players leaving for the draft. 

I'm confident that Oregon is a Pac12 Champ caliber team this year, but just not a National Championship Team. But hey, it's only my opinion, and... anything can happen in CFB!

Go Ducks!!!

Super win!

ARE YOU A BELIEVER IN THIS DUCK TEAM!

Great game day thread, and now let’s start up new threads of discussion… Thanks

Mr. FishDuck

Franklin is superb!