McDuck

Ruh-Roh! Duke 45 Miami 21 Final

10 minutes remaining.  Buyers remorse at the U?

Not that anyone will watch, but if you wanna hear MC after the Duke loss:

https://youtu.be/zDgVRhK7-kA

Again... They'll give Cristobal two years to get Miami's house in order... Or so they think. 

He'll also make fans super happy and excited during the off season with recruiting wins and new coaching hires. 

We have all lived this... And bought into it to varying degrees. Now we get to watch Miami fans deal with it. 

Meanwhile... How about Lanning's Ducks?!?!?!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 5

On 10/22/2022 at 12:55 PM, Krsmqn said:

Not that anyone will watch, but if you wanna hear MC after the Duke loss:

https://youtu.be/zDgVRhK7-kA

The link above is the live feed which is no longer active.

Here's the link:

https://youtu.be/s88DP7qKLx0

How bad was this performance?

There’s plenty of historical context and a lot of fan anger to be found, just read below:

TROJANSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Mario Cristobal’s latest brutal day at Miami stands in marked contrast to the Oregon #Ducks’ offense, which raced out to a big halftime lead vs UCLA.

8 turnovers??? 

Is Maimi playing football or basketball? 

There isn't a team out there that is going to win a game with 8 turnovers. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wow! 14 possessions,  8 turnovers and 2 turnovers on downs. Miami paying MC 8 mil and DL 4 mil. Love spending Canes money 

• Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Miami fans: "How much is MCs buyout?"

On 10/22/2022 at 4:12 PM, David Marsh said:

8 turnovers??? 

Is Maimi playing football or basketball? 

There isn't a team out there that is going to win a game with 8 turnovers. 

I don't think I've ever seen that. Ever. 

And once again, I thank the gawds of football that Miami came calling when they did.

• Thumbs Up 2

There are those who do not want to see anymore of Cristobal, and my advice is...don't open the thread and read it!  I will continue to allow it because...

1) It is fun.

2) It is entertaining.

3) It makes us grateful-as-hell he is no longer here!

CanesCounty - Video: Mario Cristobal's Post-Game Comments After Texas A&M  Loss

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

It seems he has gotten his star QB hurt as well.  He then put in back-up Garcia, who then threw 3 interceptions.  If it weren't for bad luck, Mari-no-O would have no luck at all.

😭

Mario Cristobal sends clear message to players about effort amid rebuild

“Someone stops playing hard, you’ve got to go play somewhere else. What we’ve got to do requires stuff people,”

Cristobal said in his postgame press conference. 

I wonder if he will lose some of his highly ranked recruits? Who would want to play in that atmosphere?

WATCH: Post game Duke press conference

Following is transcript of select items from the news conference

WWW.ON3.COM

Miami head coach Mari Cristobal had a clear message for his players about their effort amid the program rebuild.

On 10/22/2022 at 4:12 PM, David Marsh said:

8 turnovers??? 

Might be a Miami program record.  A rather dubious record - but it's all Mario's now.

On 10/22/2022 at 6:08 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

Mario Cristobal sends clear message to players about effort amid rebuild

“Someone stops playing hard, you’ve got to go play somewhere else. What we’ve got to do requires stuff people,”

Cristobal said in his postgame press conference. 

I wonder if he will lose some of his highly ranked recruits? Who would want to play in that atmosphere?

WATCH: Post game Duke press conference

Following is transcript of select items from the news conference

WWW.ON3.COM

Miami head coach Mari Cristobal had a clear message for his players about their effort amid the program rebuild.

One might argue that players stopped playing hard for Mario.  I'm sure many of them have seen or read how Mario ran things here and already anticipated some less than ideal stuff to happen under his tutelage.  

• Thumbs Up 2

Only thing better than watching what is going on in South Florida is wondering what Auburn fan is thinking right now. They blamed Bo for everything and laughed when he transferred here. I thought he'd be good here but man he's killing it right now.

• Thumbs Up 2

We owe Florida a serious debt of gratitude... first for coming for Taggert, and then for coming for Cristobal. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

WATCH all 8 turnovers...Hurricanes look really bad!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I can't imagine being an NFL starter (for a thousand reasons, but bare with me) and staring at a camera to announce I went to "THE....U" as if they've won the Natty every year since 1983.

I would rather give props to the Port Lavaca fighting sand crabs.

• Haha 2
  • Like 1

Mario Cristobal shredded after Miami loses 45-21 at home to Duke

For Cristobal’s sake, it’s a good thing Oregon fans just had the Middle Tennessee State loss as ammo for their GameDay signs.

The barbs at the former Oregon coach might have been worse had they known the Canes would lose to a team they’d beaten 47-10 a year prior.

And that result came in what was Manny Diaz’s last game as the program’s head coach.

SATURDAYOUTWEST.COM

Miami's Mario Cristobal is getting destroyed after another unsightly loss.

• Wow 1
  • Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1

On 10/23/2022 at 5:02 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

image.thumb.png.de643aa2fe0bc7129ec023ccb9e1d4b0.png

Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!

Hee-Hee

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/23/2022 at 5:02 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

image.thumb.png.de643aa2fe0bc7129ec023ccb9e1d4b0.png

And on the day after watching some of the best UO coaching in many years.

• Go Ducks! 1

On 10/22/2022 at 4:45 PM, Desert Duck said:

And once again, I thank the gawds of football that Miami came calling when they did.

We were Lucky Ducks when MariØ took his bolas pequeñas to Miami!

• Haha 1

I never liked MC as a coach from the first game I watched when he went on a forth and 2 late from somewhere around mid-field, got stuffed, and the opponent (maybe Stanford?), moved the ball a bit and kicked a last minute. field goal to win. Why he didn't punt the ball for a sure win was beyond  me.

I  was really incensed by Mario not having the Ducks more game ready against Utah for either game last year. I understand that much of Utah's squad returned  this year. Having said that, I can almost  guarantee that this year's Utah game will  bear faint resemblance to last year, not only because the Ducks have an experienced and far superior QB now, but also because Lanning will have them ready to play the damn football game in a way that Cristobal never could. 

Yeah, Cristobal did  you a big  favor by leaving and you made the most of it  by hiring DL. Congrats!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Like 1

Now he's blaming the press...

Mario Cristobal calls out media for affecting Miami's momentum in rebuild

• Yikes! 1

On 10/24/2022 at 5:22 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

Now he's blaming the press...

Good gosh, did we dodge a program-destroying bullet!

The mood is much different in Eugene!

Mr. FishDuck

I always liked Mario and deeply appreciate the quality young men he brought to Eugene but wow.  I'm sure there are dumber things to do than starting a feud with the local press, just not any that come to mind right away.  Unbelievable.

• Haha 1

“I think you guys try to affect it more than anything. We have, from day one, made it very clear what we’re here to do and what we’re here to build. Our history has shown that we don’t sell a dream, we don’t sell any false hope. We sell the reality of a track record in what we’ve done, where we’ve been, and how we’ve done it,” said Cristobal.

I believe MC actually borrowed this from a statement Napoleon gave to the press right before the battle of Waterloo.

• Haha 3
  • Mic drop 1

It shows his talk about accountability was about everyone else and not himself.

• Yikes! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/23/2022 at 8:26 PM, ICamel said:

We were Lucky Ducks when MariØ took his bolas pequeñas to Miami!

It was the Gawds-of-Football!

Liked him (sort of) when he was here at Oregon, seemed like a nice guy, good speaker, great recruiter, eloquent presenter, players seemed to really like him... boring game time coach, questionable in game management/play caller, questionable player development.   I could never see him calling for an onside kick nor managing the clock the way coach Lanning did against UCLA last week.

Happy for him that he got his "dream" job and got to go home to Miami, that "dream" may come to be a nightmare for him, though.  Still, he's a damn good recruiter/salesman.  But, in the end "u" is really just half of an "O"...  I think Christobal will only have half the success at Miami that Dan Lanning will have at Oregon IMHO.

What I see is that every week since the first game, the Ducks seem to be getting incrementally better every week (even though I'm still concerned about our pass defense).  That to me is good coaching, they're getting better every week.  On the other hand The "u" every week seems to be regressing and their players don't seem to be getting better (or they don't seem to be buying in to what they are being coached/told). 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1