Charles Fischer

What ABOUT Some Recruiting Flips?

I felt coming into this season that witnessing the Lanning team might flip a player or two verballed to other schools.  I've gotta think that any offensive lineman would want what Oregon/Klemm is selling, as an old offensive lineman--I would love this offense!  (And the coaching)

Right now, Dillingham is selling results to recruits, while Lupoi is selling hope.  Lanning has coached a championship defense, and is building one here--a project in the making.

I would like to think we will flip at least one recruit verballed elsewhere, and I'd love it to be an offensive lineman.

For those who follow recruiting...any others you love to see come to Oregon that are currently verballed elsewhere?

A proud offensive line, and rightly so!

Respect the O Line_Oregon Football Twitter.jpg

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 2

Mr. FishDuck

I hope you're right.

(psssssttt... I'd also hope we flipped D.C.'s...... shhhuuuusssh)

Get Fanno, or the 5* tackle out of back East, and use portal. Don't know if we have to flip anyone. If we do, the more the merrier.

• Like 1

The 5-Star OL who verballed to Iowa might be rethinking things about now...

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/24/2022 at 5:39 PM, Charles Fischer said:

The 5-Star OL who verballed to Iowa might be rethinking things about now...

I heard that Iowa basically dumped their entire NIL budget on him. Granted, it's not Iowa per se but rather their boosters. 

If Oregon can offer something reasonable or reasonably close I could see a flip happening. 

I would be looking at Miami's recruits and players right now

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 10/24/2022 at 5:51 PM, Pocketchange said:

Exactly what I was thinking!  Miami's offense?? or Oregon's??

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/24/2022 at 8:51 PM, Pocketchange said:

The following is a quote from The Athletic after Miami lost to Duke this weekend with 8 turnovers:

• We’ll have to see how Miami’s recruits handle the 3-4 start. Top recruit Francis Mauigoa,
  • a five-star offensive tackle from Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy, was in attendance.
  • The Hurricanes have the 11th-ranked recruiting class in the 247Sports Composite with 17 commitments.
  • Miami hasn’t added any commitments to the class in months but also hasn’t had any decommitments.

You can check out their 2023 commits here:

On 10/25/2022 at 1:51 AM, Pocketchange said:

There would be a bit of poetic justice to that for the fans, but Lanning has no reason to target Miami and his staff probably has little or no pre-existing relationship with those recruits.  I would think any program that is struggling right now, looking bad, and/or in limbo - Miami, Nebraska, ASU, Iowa, and others - is a prime target for flipping recruits.

aTm also might be prime pickings.  That environment is toxic.  Maybe, DL and staff can persuade David Hicks Jr. and Samu Taumanpepe to give the Ducks a second look.  

• Thumbs Up 1

It has been pure comedy gold to read the Miami forum.  Many posters don’t hold back, and are creative in their disdain.  Even on Mirabal and “Mustache Boy”. A slim majority no longer buy into Mario’s words.  Gotta think Moss or other recruits will soon do the same. It’s clear many current players do not buy in.

Edited by AllOregon

From a quick internet search I gather Manny Diaz was fairly popular with his players.  Since the Diaz firing was dependent on Mario accepting the job I can understand how some players might hold some resentment.  Perhaps MC is paying the price for the bumbling's of his wealthy backer.

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Winners wanna play for winners...I can see some 5* O Line flips, or maybe more important...5* D lineman, and lock down 5* corner.  We are loaded at RB and have perhaps the best 5* in the country coming in at QB already.  I think we are fine at WR too.  ILB to replace Noah...assuming Flowe needs another season to develop before thinking he is NFL ready.  He and Noah are different types of players anyhow.

How many recruits can the Ducks take this class?  They got 21 commitments as of yesterday.

This may be a stupid question but why do the Ducks look like they are collecting Edge rushers this class?  We got three committed already.  I'm assuming DL is holding a spot open for Matayo too.  Is DL going to send some of the players packing? 

On 10/25/2022 at 5:35 PM, DuckIt said:

why do the Ducks look like they are collecting Edge rushers this class? 

I am guessing, but since our pass rush is weak....we need help, and you offer a bunch and find out who is the star?

Mr. FishDuck