30Duck

Ducks Burn The Sun Devils: 75-64

It was a game time decision for Chris Duarte, and it turned out to be a good one. Duarte hit the first shot for the Ducks, scored 5 of the first 8. He finished the half with 18, more than half of the 35 the Ducks scored, while holding Arizona State to 28.

See the source image

Duarte didn't score in the second half, but he had plenty of teammates to pick up the slack. Duarte and Omoruyi finished with 18, Figueroa, 16 and Richardson 15, completed the double figure scoring for the Ducks.

Figueroa, finished, 4-7 on 3's, Duarte, 4-8, Richardson, 3-6. The Ducks hit42,4% overall, 40.0 overall, the Ducks really moved the ball well, finishing with 22 assists. ASU, for whom only Remy Martin, 30, finished with double figures, had 13 assists. 

See the source image

I am happy to win, but boy....there sure were a lot of shots up close missed.  Three in one possession alone under the basket, but I assume that is part of the "knocking off the rust" that must happen.

GLB21660.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Balanced scoring by the Ducks! Without Martin's superb offensive performance, the devils would have looked a lot worse. Good for the Ducks to answer a late surge by the short-handed devils. Our Ducks were  out-rebounded by 1 overall, and the devils grabbed 4 more offensive rebounds than the Ducks (something to work on, obviously). I thought that our team chemistry looked better in this game. Keep those W's coming!

This was a fun game to watch. Lots of energy by the Ducks in this one.

This Ducks team has plus quickness and the players are physically strong. They fall short on continuity and play in fits and starts. It's a Covid year with so many challenges, but this group does not play like an Altman team in February. They don't run the offense well with consistency. The team is fun to watch. but watching is painful too. Unfortunately the post season will be short, if at all, unless something changes soon. Go Ducks.

Walton: OMG!  Did he even talk about the game?

1 hour ago, Duckdude said:

Walton: OMG!  Did he even talk about the game?

You got that right....he was distracting as heck while trying to watch the game, and I wanted more of his basketball wisdom then his worldly travels.  (Please!)  

I finally just muted it, and while that is not a great viewing experience of a win, it is better than his nonsensical prater.

Image result for Bill Walton twitter

Mr. FishDuck