NJDuck

Recruiting News Thread - Updates

Memo to Dan Lanning:  Get recruits enuf to overtake Miami at position #9. Minimum.  If I were Phil Knight (or yesterday's Mega-Bucks lottery winner) I'd reward Lanning with a $million-dollar bonus for doing just that!

• Go Ducks! 1

Long Beach Poly kid, solid four star.

WATCH: Talk regarding David Hicks visit...

Does Oregon Have a Real Shot to Flip David Hicks?

The Ducks are getting the 5-star lineman back on campus this weekend for what could be a pivotal visit.

Hicks taking the trip shows that there is still a very clear mutual interest. He's developed great relationships

with Dan Lanning and Tosh Lupoi and is intrigued at the idea of playing under two strong defensive minds.

Oh, and Lanning being a national champion and having a hand in an all-time defense certainly doesn't hurt.

4-star DL Johnny Bowens announces commitment date

Bowens has now released his commitment date — November 24 —

and announced a final three of Oregon, Texas A&M, and Texas.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

4-star defensive line Johnny Bowens announced his commitment date on Friday, with the Oregon Ducks as a finalist.

Wiltfong Whiparound: Previewing a big recruiting weekend at Oregon

Oregon head coach Dan Lanning and his first-year staff are tracking for a Top10 recruiting class and if they finish

that high come the Early Signing Period and National Signing Day, this weekend could have a lot to do with it.

Beyond the 2023 prospects discussed in the video, 247Sports is expecting the list to grow by kickoff.

Lanning and company will also host several touted young prospects.

5-star Iowa commit Kadyn Proctor in Eugene for Oregon vs. Washington game

Proctor, who stands at 6-foot-7, 330 pounds, is ranked as the No. 1 offensive tackle in the 2023 class, and the No. 7 overall player in the nation.

The Ducks were originally part of Proctor’s top-7 less than a year ago, but he eventually trimmed it down

and left Oregon on the outside before committing to the Hawkeyes, his home-state team.

Dan Lanning, and more importantly, Adrian Klemm, never let up, and they’ve been working hard to get Proctor back on campus

this season. It just so happened that he is coming to the northwest for the rivalry environment of Oregon vs. Washington.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The No. 1 OT in the 2023 class, 5-star Kadyn Proctor, is in Eugene for the Oregon vs. Washington game.

• Let’s hope! 1

Photos from Oregon's massive recruiting weekend

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon took its second loss of the 2022 season with a devastating 37-34 loss to rival Washington on Saturday night. However, the...

David Hicks Recaps Oregon Visit

The Ducks are full steam ahead trying to put finishing touches on the Pac-12's

top recruiting class and Hicks is at the top of their board.

A lot of Duck fans are worried about the recruiting fallout following a loss to Washington,

but Hicks said the visit still sent a positive message.

"It's a good one," the 6-foot-4, 280-pound lineman said. "How good of a team they are.

How hard they play. How good they work and how much better they wanna be at their craft."

WWW.SI.COM

The Ducks are making a strong push to flip the 5-star Texas A&M commit.

• Thumbs Up 1

'24 DB Dayton Aupiu breaks down weekend visits to Oregon and Washington

Some players just have a knack for the big play and that’s definitely Oxnard (Calif.) Pacifica junior defensive back Dayton Aupiu.

Aupiu is one of those guys that just always seems to be in the right place at the right time.

He’s a highly skilled safety with elite football instincts and he’s been a

turn over causing machine for the last two seasons.

247SPORTS.COM

Some players just have a knack for the big play and that’s definitely Oxnard (Calif.) Pacifica junior defensive back Dayton Aupiu. Aupiu...

Dayton Aupiu Rivals Info...

N.RIVALS.COM

Dayton Aupiu - 2024 3 Star Athlete for Pacifica (Oxnard, CA) on Rivals.com

Ducks pick up new prediction to flip 5-star OT Kadyn Proctor

The Oregon Ducks have been picking up steam in the recruiting world as of late, doing their best to

try to flip 5-star offensive tackle Kadyn Proctor, who is currently committed to the Iowa Hawkeyes.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Oregon Ducks have picked up a new prediction to flip 5-star OT Kadyn Proctor after his recent visit to Eugene.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Northwest and Northern California in the updated fall Top247 for 2024

The Northwest and Northern California was well represented in the updated release of the 247Sports' Top 247 for the class of 2024.

Six players from Washington, two from Northern California, two from Oregon and one from Idaho made the updated list in our fall update.

247SPORTS.COM

The Northwest and Northern California in the updated fall Top247 for 2024...

Four-Star DB Rodrick Pleasant excited for upcoming visit to Oregon

Gardena (Calif.) Serra defensive back Rodrick Pleasant is set for official visit No. 3 this coming weekend to Oregon.

Oregon doesn’t like to trip in too many players for official visits during the season. They prefer to save those official visits

for before or after the season so they can spend more time with them but in Pleasant’s case, they made an exception.

247SPORTS.COM

Gardena (Calif.) Serra defensive back Rodrick Pleasant is set for official visit No. 3 this coming weekend to Oregon.

Elijah Rushing Breaks Down Oregon Visit

Oregon's defense has been struggling this season--which is what makes the 2023 and 2024 recruiting classes so important.

Adding elite prospects in those classes will allow the coaching staff to stack talent and build better depth moving forward.

2024 Tucson (Ariz.) Salpointe Catholic EDGE Elijah Rushing was in Eugene

to see the Washington game and discussed his visit with Ducks Digest.

WWW.SI.COM

The Ducks landed in the All-American's top schools after a trip to Eugene.

Dante Moore busy recruiting...

Roderick Pleasant - Rivals Profile

N.RIVALS.COM

Rodrick Pleasant - 2023 4 Star Cornerback for Junipero Serra (Gardena, CA) on Rivals.com

Four-Star '24 DB Dakoda Fields talks weekend visit to Oregon

“That was actually my fourth time visiting,” Fields said.

“I loved the hospitality and continuing to build a relationship with the coaching staff.

“I love the energy there and the atmosphere from the student section was crazy. I love when the fans sing

’Shout,’ before the 4th quarter, that’s their signature song and probably my favorite part of the game.”

247SPORTS.COM

Gardena (Calif.) Serra junior defensive back Dakoda Fields visited Oregon over the weekend and raved about his time in...

OL Fox Crader focusing on Pac-12 schools

"Coach Klemm is great," said Crader.  "He's recruiting me the hardest out of everybody, I would say. We talk all the time and he's

always making an effort to call me, telling me if I need anything, to hit him up and whenever I get down there, it's always a great time."

Crader has been to multiple Oregon games this year- Stanford, BYU, UCLA and Washington, to name a few.

247SPORTS.COM

Vancouver (Wash.) Evergreen 2024 offensive lineman Fox Crader is focusing on Pac-12 schools...

Oregon Turning up the Heat in Pursuit of LSU Commit Daylen Austin

The Ducks are making a strong push to flip one of the top defensive backs in the country.

With two official visits already in the books, he's planning to take his remaining three in December,

one of which will likely be to Oregon.

Click on URL below to reach article...

https://www.si.com/college/oregon/recruiting/oregon-football-turning-up-the-heat-in-pursuit-of-lsu-commit-daylen-austin

Thing could be looking bright for the future.

Getting David Hicks and Matayo Uiagalelei would improve that pass rush in a hurry.

On 11/18/2022 at 3:43 AM, kirklandduck said:

Getting David Hicks and Matayo Uiagalelei would improve that pass rush in a hurry.

We also have a pretty good Defensive Line class already set up... this is all about getting the personnel Lanning needs to make his defense work. This year they don't have the players they need on so many levels and are just trying to make do... and it's not working. They need a pass rush with only four to make Lanning's defense work and he needs linebackers who can cover.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/18/2022 at 10:49 AM, David Marsh said:

They need a pass rush

Never a truer statement!

NIL funds must be allocated towards improving the DL personnel. There’s not enough out west. 

On 11/18/2022 at 10:49 AM, David Marsh said:

We also have a pretty good Defensive Line class already set up... this is all about getting the personnel Lanning needs to make his defense work. This year they don't have the players they need on so many levels and are just trying to make do... and it's not working. They need a pass rush with only four to make Lanning's defense work and he needs linebackers who can cover.

Yeah but could you imagine David Hicks and Kadyn Proctor squaring up in practice every day??  Now that's some serious iron sharpening iron...

Roderick Pleasant Heads to Eugene for Oregon Official Visit

Pleasant is one of the top uncommitted defensive backs in 2023 and the Ducks are right in the thick of his recruitment.

"Just feeling the genuineness. I've been up there before. I didn't go with my mom and my stepdad, but they're coming this time

and I want to see how they feel about it," Pleasant told Ducks Digest. 

"It's a great place, great program. And they're heading in the right direction. And being around them, being around the atmosphere, and seeing how everything goes there from the gameday operation--that's the biggest thing for me. Figuring out where I would be used in that system."

SEC Program Enters the Mix for Matayo Uiagalelei

"My recruitment wasn't really going anywhere. Not in a bad way--I just wanted to look back and see if there were any schools

I might've wanted to talk or might've just talked to and fell out of touch (with). Or some other schools that I might be interested in.

I think Georgia was really the only one that came up so I just reached out to them."

Uiagalelei doesn't appear any closer to a decision but he does plan to sign and enroll early at his school of choice.

On 11/19/2022 at 11:28 AM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

"My recruitment wasn't really going anywhere."

Translation: "The NIL is not as much as want, and I putting myself out to bid to other parties."

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Dakoda Fields Eyeing More Visits After Seeing Oregon

The Ducks are early contenders for one of the more promising defensive backs out west.

Fields said the Ducks will probably receive an official visit when the time comes and he left Eugene with a clear-cut takeaway.

"Just the energy from the coaching staff and just being able to build a better relationship with them,"

Four-Star '24 ATH Emmett Mosley talks weekend visit to Oregon, potential official trips

“This visit, I was able to meet with everyone and I love the staff. I know coach Adams really well,

he was on my last visit and I really enjoyed meeting coach Lanning as well.

He’s a great guy, really easy to talk with and I have  good relationship in place already with coach Dillingham as well.”

247SPORTS.COM

Rancho Santa Margarita (Calif.) Santa Margarita athlete Emmett Mosley put together a solid junior season and received a nice...

Gernorris Wilson Talks Oregon Visit, Decision Timeline

This weekend's visit to Oregon was Wilson's first time in Eugene. He made the trip across the country with his coaches,

friends and some family despite still being in the playoffs with his high school team, which shows how strong his interest is.

As for his peers, he got to spend time with offensive linemen Josh Conerly Jr. and Dave Iuli and talk about what it's like at Oregon.

"When you go to Eugene it's really nothing but football and school. It's really no distractions. So it's really a school to focus at."

The Florida product is looking for just that at his school of choice. Click URL below for article.

247 Sports Recruiting Info...

What’s Next for Oregon After Landing Fox Crader?

The Ducks are picking up steam ahead of the early signing period.

Let's break this down into two parts, first focusing on the latest feel I'm getting for the 2023 class.

Click on URL below for article...It offers a good recap of target recruits.

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/article269062867.html

This is a paid article on 247 Sports. You can click on picture TODAY ONLY and view article for free.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oregon 2024 OL Devin Brooks has Pac-12 schools sticking out

Clackamas (Ore.) 2024 offensive lineman Devin Brooks is in to double digits for offers.

I'm starting to narrow my list down to where I want to officially visit and there are some places where I actually want to go and

get a feel of the college before I make my final decision," said Brooks.  "But I'm confident I'll take officials to Oregon, Washington and USC."

247SPORTS.COM

Clackamas (Ore.) 2024 offensive lineman Devin Brooks has Pac-12 schools sticking out...

Ashton Porter Recaps Oregon Visit

Porter is one of a host of recruits the Ducks are pursuing in the Lone Star State as they look to close strong in 2023.

He's good friends with defensive line commit Terrance Green, who's in his ear about Oregon.

I can also say DJ Hicks, I've been growing up with him for a long time since like fourth grade.

He took a visit out there last week and he really liked it also."

The 6-foot-3, 240-pound defensive end has taken official visits to Northwestern and Michigan State.

What's next are official visits to Mississippi State on December 9 and for an Oregon on December 16.

WWW.SI.COM

Porter recently put the Ducks in his top five as he nears a commitment.

Interest heating up for '24 QB Myles Jackson who's set for a weeknd visit

Jackson made a big jump between his sophomore and junior year. We started to see in the

off-season at various camps and 7v7 tournaments and then he showed it with the pads on.

247SPORTS.COM

Long Beach Millikan (Calif.) junior quarterback Myles Jackson really elevated his game this season and has several programs...

An early look at Oregon's standing in 2024 recruiting rankings

The Oregon Ducks have gotten an early jump on the 2024 recruiting class, and that class

was boosted on Thanksgiving Day by the addition of 4-star WR Tyseer Denmark.

Denmark is the third player to commit to Oregon in 2024, joining 4-star OL Fox Crader, who committed

earlier this week, and 4-star TE A.J. Pugliano, the No. 1 ranked player in the state of Oregon.

So where do the Ducks stand in the national rankings after the recent additions? Here's an early look...

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Ducks added a pair of 4-stars to the 2024 class this past week. Where do they now stand early in the 2024 national rankings?

Five-Star ATH Matayo Uiagalelei talks new school emerging and commitment timeframe

"There’s no front runner right now. There’s times when I feel like I’m leaning one way but there has never been a time where I wake up

and feel like, ‘yeh I’m going here.’ So I’m taking all the time I need and like I said, will likely do it on Signing Day in December.

247SPORTS.COM

Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco athlete Matayo Uiagalelei had a big game on both sides of the ball for the Braves and updated us...

Four-Star '24 DB Peyton Woodyard cuts list to seven, sets January commitment date

Woodyard is one of the top defensive backs in the junior class and is currently rated the No. 29 prospect nationally

in the 247Sports Composite. He has a prototype safety frame, shows plenty of range and is physical in run support.

247SPORTS.COM

Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco junior defensive back Peyton Woodyard cut his list of schools down to seven and locked in his...

Peyton Woodyard Rivals Info...

N.RIVALS.COM

Peyton Woodyard - 2024 4 Star Safety for St. John Bosco (Bellflower, CA) on Rivals.com