Pennsylvania Duck

Oregon Commits: Friday Night Lights

Dante Moore, Oregon Ducks 5-star QB pledge, throws Patrick Mahomes-like touchdown

During a 41-28 playoff win over River Rouge, the 6-foot-3, 210-pound signal-caller delivered a sidearm

touchdown strike on a slant that looked eerily similar to NFL superstar Patrick Mahomes:

NEWS.SCOREBOOKLIVE.COM

Martin Luther King High School (Michigan) quarterback Dante Moore is known for his electric playmaking ability. The five-star prospect and Sports Illustrated's

• Wow 1
  • Applause 1

Ducks Climb in Latest SI 2023 Class Rankings

Oregon is now sits atop the Pac-12 in this new batch of rankings.

This Ducks have shown how dominant they are in the trenches. Specifically on the offensive line, the group has solidified

itself as one of the best in the country and seeing that success will make any recruit watching excited.

Click on URL below for article

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/article268206297.html

• Go Ducks! 1

Five-star WR Jurrion Dickey excited to shine at All-American Bowl

"It means a lot knowing I’ll be playing in front of another big platform to expose my talent playing with guys

all over with elite talent," said Dickey.  "I feel excited and its a great opportunity. It feels good to be in this game."

247SPORTS.COM

Menlo Park (Calif.) Menlo-Atherton receiver Jurrion Dickey talked about his selection to the All-American Bowl...

Top247 CB Caleb Presley thrilled for opportunity at All-American Bowl

"I’m just excited to represent my last name on TV and put on a show for all the Caleb Presley fans back home," said Presley.  

"It holds weight at my school to be an All-American in football and I'm excited to see what legacy I leave."

247SPORTS.COM

Seattle (Wash.) Rainier Beach cornerback Caleb Presley talked about his All-American Bowl selection...

Five-star QB Dante Moore receives All-American Bowl jersey

"I am looking forward to having a great time, and meeting and connecting with many great players across the country," Moore said.

"And getting to envision myself doing what the other great All-American quarterbacks did in the past years."

"I’ll be enrolling to Oregon right after," he said.

247SPORTS.COM

Detroit King QB Dante Moore talks about his All-American Bowl honor and early enrollment at Oregon.

On 10/28/2022 at 8:55 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

Dante Moore, Oregon Ducks 5-star QB pledge, throws Patrick Mahomes-like touchdown

During a 41-28 playoff win over River Rouge, the 6-foot-3, 210-pound signal-caller delivered a sidearm

touchdown strike on a slant that looked eerily similar to NFL superstar Patrick Mahomes:

NEWS.SCOREBOOKLIVE.COM

Martin Luther King High School (Michigan) quarterback Dante Moore is known for his electric playmaking ability. The five-star prospect and Sports Illustrated's

At 6'3" isn't he a little short?  Don't the coaches all want 6'4 and above nowadays?  Maybe he'll grow another inch or two.

Edited by Mic

Marcus Mariota was 6’3”. Akili Smith was 6’3”…

How tall was Vernon Adams?

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Isn't Bo Nix 6' 2" ?  IMHO It's what's between the ears and inside the heart that counts!

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/2/2022 at 9:45 PM, Mic said:

At 6'3" isn't he a little short?  Don't the coaches all want 6'4 and above nowadays?  Maybe he'll grow another inch or two.

Doug Flutie would give you the stink eye right now!  lol  6'3" is perfectly fine.  Talent and confidence matters more than physical traits, though it helps to have them all.

On 11/3/2022 at 5:45 AM, Mic said:

Assuming this was tongue in cheek as among current more successful NFL starting QBs:

6'2"  Aaron Rodgers 

Dak Prescott

Lamar Jackson

Jimmy Garoppolo

Patrick Mahomes

6'1"  Jalen Hurts

Tua Tagovailoa

< 6'  Russell Wilson

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 11/3/2022 at 2:08 AM, EastBayDuckDad said:

Assuming this was tongue in cheek as among current more successful NFL starting QBs:

6'2"  Aaron Rodgers 

Dak Prescott

Lamar Jackson

Jimmy Garoppolo

Patrick Mahomes

6'1"  Jalen Hurts

Tua Tagovailoa

< 6'  Russell Wilson

It was tongue-in-cheek.

My favorite two NFL QB's (back in the days when I still watched NFL games) was Fran Tarkington and Joe Montana.  By today's standards they were almost midgets.  (Apologies to small people - or whatever the proper pronoun is to describe short people). 

On 11/2/2022 at 11:45 PM, Mic said:

At 6'3" isn't he a little short?  Don't the coaches all want 6'4 and above nowadays?

6' 2" is generally the lower limit of what they want. 

Mahomes is 6'2"
Mayfield is 6'1"

• Thanks 1

On 11/4/2022 at 10:31 PM, chrisjenn99 said:

6' 2" is generally the lower limit of what they want. 

Mahomes is 6'2"
Mayfield is 6'1"

Truly the height doesn't matter.  You just need a Coach that won't try to make Spud Webb throw from the pocket.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

Statistics of the Elite 11 QBs during their senior year...Note Dante Moore

Click on the 2 charts to enlarge.

The best QB/WR duos in 2023 class bound for the Pac-12

Connections between quarterbacks and receivers are so important, so this week we took a look at which

five recruiting classes have the best future QB-WR combos for 2023 in each Power Five conference.

OREGON.RIVALS.COM

QB Dante Moore could provide some fireworks if he's able to team up with WR Jurrion Dickey at Oregon.

Updated Commit List for 2023 Class with Rivals Player Info

OREGON.RIVALS.COM

The definitive source for all Oregon news.

Friday Night Notes: New QBs for Notre Dame and Florida State, Oregon eats their fill, plus more

USATODAYHSS.COM

In this edition of Friday Night Notes, Florida State and Notre Dame get commitments from QBs, Oregon loads up and Alabama has a...

WATCH: Oregon 4-star RB commit Dante Dowdell runs for 5 TD in playoff game

If it wasn’t clear before, it’s become pretty obvious that the Oregon Ducks are welcoming a

highly talented player to Eugene for the 2023 season.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Ducks certainly got a good one coming in 4-star RB Dante Dowdell.

• Like 1

UO has more 4/5 star commits than USC and UCLA combined. Also UO 14, rest of Pac North 12. Wow.

On 11/26/2022 at 11:43 AM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

UO has more 4/5 star commits than USC and UCLA combined. Also UO 14, rest of Pac North 12. Wow.

This really shows what great recruiters we have! You don't realize it until you see the comparisons.

The tougher Rivals rankings have Oregon No. 12 in the nation with 11 of the 4 & 5-Star players, while USC is No. 13 with nine of them.

Donte Dowdell

Dante Dowdell, Picayune Memorial, Running Back

Mr. FishDuck

Jurrion Dickey Talks Oregon, Plans for Signing

We're less than a month away from the early signing period and Ducks Digest continues to check in with recruits in Oregon's 2023 class.

Earlier this week we were in the Bay Area to see All-American wide receiver Jurrion Dickey.

"The season went well," he said. "I only played four games because I ended up getting a torn meniscus

within the first game of the season on a kickoff return--so I sat out the rest of the season."

"The Ducks are doing good this season. I feel like we're in a building platform right now.

Next year we're gonna be better than we were this year."

• Thumbs Up 1

Dante Dowdell, Oregon Ducks 4-star RB pledge, runs for nearly 300 yards, 5 touchdowns in win

Picayune High School running back Dante Dowdell put together a monster performance Friday night

Through his first 11 games, the Oregon Ducks pledge has rushed for 1,734 yards and 23 touchdowns on 203 carries, averaging 8.5 yards per tote.

Dowdell was at it again this week in Picayune's 49-14 victory over Gautier, rushing for 274 yards and five scores.

Check out the highlights:

NEWS.SCOREBOOKLIVE.COM

Seemingly every Friday night this fall Picayune High School (Mississippi) running back Dante Dowdell has delivered a stellar...

On 11/26/2022 at 9:25 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

Jurrion Dickey Talks Oregon, Plans for Signing

We're less than a month away from the early signing period and Ducks Digest continues to check in with recruits in Oregon's 2023 class.

Earlier this week we were in the Bay Area to see All-American wide receiver Jurrion Dickey.

"The season went well," he said. "I only played four games because I ended up getting a torn meniscus

within the first game of the season on a kickoff return--so I sat out the rest of the season."

"The Ducks are doing good this season. I feel like we're in a building platform right now.

Next year we're gonna be better than we were this year."

I didn't realize that Jurrion grew up with Troy Franklin.  That would be a great mentor to have as you enter college.

Hope Oregon can keep Junior Adams.  He has done a fantastic job with the wide receivers and sounds like he has a great relationship with Jurrion.  

Any other 2023 4/5 star recruits named Dante that Oregon can target, preferably a wide receiver or TE?!

Dante Moore

Dante Dowdell

Dante _____?

It will be interesting how these numbers play out with commits, transfers, etc.

A visual list of our commits.

QB (1) RB (1) WR (2) OL (5) Athlete DB (5) LB (1) DL (8)
Dante Moore 5* 99.5 Dante Dowdell 4* 92.66 Jurrion Dickey 5* 99.31 Iapani Laloulu 4* 90.25 Kenyon Sadiq 4* 93.62 Caleb Presley 4* 94.20 Jerry Mixon 3* 87.28 A'mauri Washington 4* 92.37
    Ashotn Cozart 4* 93.18 Lipe Moala 3* 87.19   Cole Martin 4* 92.69   Blake Purchase 4* 90.57
      Gernorris Wilson 3* 86.14   Kodi Decambra 4* 90.28   Johnny Bowens 4* 90.53
      Bryce Boulton 3* 85.94   Tyler Turner 4* 89.31   Terrance Green 4* 90.52
      George Silva Junior College   Colin Gill 3* 84.75   My'keil Gardner 3* 88.69
              Tevita Pome'e 3* 88.53
              Teitum Tuioti 3* 87.64
              jaeden Moore 3* 87.50
  • Go Ducks! 1

The more I watch footage of Dante Moore, Dante Dowell, and Jurrion Dickey, the more I'm thinking all three are going to compete for playing time right away if not outright starting positions.

Gotta love the confidence these kids project. Dowell is the real deal and I think he will move right into the rotation with Bucky, Noah, Sean $$$ and James. Cozart has the same upside as Thornton, maybe not as tall but then again the stud tOSU WRs of the past two years were under 6'2" and they went early in the draft. Dickey is 6'3" and will be the Megatron type of WR that makes life tough for <6ft DBs.

This is gonna be fun.

• Thumbs Up 1

Kenyon Sadiq, nation's No. 5 athlete, 'locked in' with Oregon Ducks following Kenny Dillingham's departure

Skyline (Idaho) four-star athlete Kenyon Sadiq is sticking with his commitment to Oregon

NEWS.SCOREBOOKLIVE.COM

Skyline (Idaho) star Kenyon Sadiq, the nation's No. 5 athlete, committed to the Oregon Ducks over Michigan, Washington and...

Dante Dowdell After State Championship Game

• Great post! 1