Pennsylvania Duck

Tunnel Fight After Michigan, Michigan State Game

By now, I am sure you have seen it on all the networks. Two Michigan players were "assaulted" by Michigan State players after the game.

The following are 2 videos that have emerged of the incidents in the tunnel after Michigan won 29-7.

This is a black eye not only for MSU, but the Big 10 and NCAA, especially if it isn't settled quickly. I have attached the videos and the article.

What do you think should be done?

Jim Harbaugh Says 2 Michigan Players Were 'Assaulted' in Tunnel Fight After MSU Game

Not sure who is at fault here.  Two weeks ago Penn State and UM also had an altercation in the tunnel.  In the above video it certainly appears MSU is guilty but the constant in both instances is Michigan.  I doubt we will ever know where the blame lies.

LARRYBROWNSPORTS.COM

Penn State coach James Franklin thinks Michigan needs to change their policy with entering the tunnel to avoid confrontations

On 10/30/2022 at 11:52 AM, McDuck said:

Not sure who is at fault here.  Two weeks ago Penn State and UM also had an altercation in the tunnel.  In the above video it certainly appears MSU is guilty but the constant in both instances is Michigan.  I doubt we will ever know where the blame lies.

LARRYBROWNSPORTS.COM

Penn State coach James Franklin thinks Michigan needs to change their policy with entering the tunnel to avoid confrontations

Clearly sending both teams up the same tunnel at the same time has become a bad idea in this age of poor character and accepted violence.

UM needs to let visiting teams exit first.

Both teams should be fined. MSU more.

UM because it's 2nd time in a couple weeks, they share responsibility. 

It's SUCH a bad look - Paul Finebaum and Matt Barrie react to the Michigan brawl | ESPN College Football

Mel Tucker suspends four Michigan State football players for altercation at Michigan

WWW.MSN.COM

On Sunday night, Michigan State football coach Mel Tucker suspended four Spartans players for their roles in a fight with...

l.Blount  from Oregon gets suspened for a year for one sucker punch.    Here you have 4 players    beating on 1.   I thing the penalty should should certainly be worse

Than what Blount got.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm a curmudgeon.  These schools typically say how they don't like violence, yet when one of their players are violent, they do next to nothing.  There were more than 4 MSU players stomping on the Michigan player.  Only 4 are currently suspended?  I have a feeling the 4 players will be suspended a few games and then have other in-house punishment.  I know MSU says they are still reviewing, but I feel like they won't add additional players to the suspension.

It won't happened, but I'd also make sure the police charge them with assault and battery.  I'm tired of the saying boys will be boys....

As mentioned before, how is that both teams use the same tunnel?  That is just dumb.

My initial reaction was disdain for the MSU players in the video. Then I saw video of the UM player leaving his team to run up the tunnel into the MSU players and appearing to be running his mouth and bumping into them. I believe you can be against violence but still understand what mess around and Find out, means.  I see this as playing stupid games and winning stupid prizes.  If you instigate in an emotionally charged arena and then catch hands for it, well, I have no sympathy for you.  Stupid actions have consequences and this to me looks like playing with a rattlesnake and then complaining when you get bit...

On 10/31/2022 at 8:07 AM, Wrathis said:

My initial reaction was disdain for the MSU players in the video. Then I saw video of the UM player leaving his team to run up the tunnel into the MSU players and appearing to be running his mouth and bumping into them. 

I wondered how, with the ongoing history of tunnel fights at UM, a Wolverine player was left alone in the midst of the opposing team.  Especially after the teams almost came to blows on the field.  This seems to answer my question.  Do you happen to have a link?

I will add it still doesn't absolve the MSU players involved.

On 10/31/2022 at 10:55 AM, McDuck said:

I wondered how, with the ongoing history of tunnel fights at UM, a Wolverine player was left alone in the midst of the opposing team.  Especially after the teams almost came to blows on the field.  This seems to answer my question.  Do you happen to have a link?

I will add it still doesn't absolve the MSU players involved.

I'm currently at work w/o access to Twitter, but there was a video on there in the comments that showed the Wolverine player running ahead of his teammates into the MSU players in the tunnel...

Well this is ugly.  Another video showing another UM player being assaulted in the tunnel, this time with a helmet.  

Jim Harbaugh expects Michigan State players to be charged

Harbaugh said that defensive back Gemon Green was punched by a Spartan in the Michigan Stadium tunnel shortly after the

fourth-ranked Wolverines beat their in-state rival Saturday night and that teammate Ja'Den McBurrows was attacked when he tried to help.

McBurrows is seen on a video shared on social media being pushed, punched and kicked by multiple Michigan State players,

who pulled him out of the tunnel and into a hallway that doesn't lead to either locker room.

Green has hired attorney Tom Mars, who has handled several eligibility cases for college athletes, to represent him in the assault case.

WWW.ESPN.COM

Jim Harbaugh expects the four suspended Michigan State football players involved in roughing up two members of Michigan's team...