Jemangi

Where is Seven McGee?

Is Seven McGee leaving?

Do you know something we don’t

know?

No, I know nothing other than rumor.  

I picked him as the breakout star in FishDuck thread earlier this year. I think I've only seen him in a few plays this season. It's puzzling as to why he's not in on more plays. I will say though that at WR/RB the Ducks are loaded so it is tough to get a shot a playing.

He didn't travel for the Cal game.  He recently retweeted a motivational quote which included in part "Move on and grow stronger" and most recently tweeted "Motivated! Ready to work."

Wide open for interpretation.  He has moved around a lot in his football career, committing and decommitting.  I believe he was intending to enter the portal after MC left.

I'm rooting for Seven to find his niche on this team. I also realize that he may feel that he could find that niche elsewhere. After the season, I'm sure many currant players may move on to teams better suited for their skill sets and the coaches may fill those spots with players that better suite what their looking for. In the end, things should work out for the best for all involved.

On 10/31/2022 at 6:58 AM, GODUCKS15 said:

I picked him as the breakout star in FishDuck thread earlier this year. I think I've only seen him in a few plays this season. It's puzzling as to why he's not in on more plays. I will say though that at WR/RB the Ducks are loaded so it is tough to get a shot a playing.

Who do you take out to put in McGee? Franklin? Cota? Hutson? ... Hutson put up some big numbers against Cal, even after his dropped pass. 

Overall Oregon's starters are solid at wide receiver which is where McGee has been moved to position wise as he hasn't practiced with the runningbacks... but even the runningbacks are out there making huge plays. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Wasn't 7 the one Lanning convinced to stay?  I thought at least he'd be a punt or KO returner with his supposed speed.  Maybe his hands are an issue?  I don't know but I've only seen him get a few catches this season.

The previous comparisons to DAT on this forum were, as it turns out, wishful thinking.

And I agree with David……where does he fit, considering the transfers who have gobbled up playing time, and have exceeded expectations?

A transfer seems likely.

Seven has been in. He's been mediocre. He's returned KOs.

I don't see stats since the AZ game.

On 10/31/2022 at 9:18 AM, David Marsh said:

Who do you take out to put in McGee? Franklin? Cota? Hutson? ... Hutson put up some big numbers against Cal, even after his dropped pass. 

Overall Oregon's starters are solid at wide receiver which is where McGee has been moved to position wise as he hasn't practiced with the runningbacks... but even the runningbacks are out there making huge plays. 

I picked Seven before the season started. He looked like he could've been the next DAT lite. Maybe next year.

While he shares some similarities with DAT, he clearly doesn't have the same physical abilities (otherwise he would have been a 5* ATH recruit like DAT).  While he showed some potential in the Spring game, overall he hasn't shown the same elusiveness and breakaway speed that DAT routinely showcased during his time at Oregon.  The only obvious spot he would fit into would probably be slot receiver but that's currently occupied by the more experienced Hutson.  I think he may transfer.

• Thumbs Up 1

Where is Seven? Behind fellow blue-chip Kris Hutson on the depth chart. I've seen Seven get some returns and a few passes, but he isn't having an impact.

I did see during the UCLA that Nix was chewing him out after a third down play. Seven doesn't have the experience blocking out on the edges at the WR spot, or reading if he should break off a route and sit down in the soft spot of a zone, or running all types of routes that Hutson does.

Seven is also three inches shorter than Hutson and a few pounds heavier. So, Hutson is the longer player with bigger catch radius in the slot. All those things add up and it's obvious Seven can't jump Hutson. 

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

In the transfer portal.

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

McGee, who did not travel with the No. 8 Ducks to last weekend’s game at Cal, is not with the team and will enter the transfer portal...