Notalot

Hot Pursuit Of Dante Moore. Will He Flip?

From SpartanTailgate.COM

As for where Michigan State plans to go from here, sources tell me that several targets will emerge and the staff won't limit themselves. With that said, I'm hearing that MSU will begin by going to great lengths to attempt to flip 2023 five-star QB Dante Moore, a Detroit (MI) King product who is currently committed to Oregon. Obviously, this won't be an easy task and expectations should be tempered.

Not only are there justifiably enticing incentives available to Moore if he were to enroll at Oregon, but the Ducks have also had a lot of success during the 2022 season. On the other hand, sources emphasized that MSU won't go down without exhausting every resource here. 

NIL may determine the outcome.

However, the Spartans are not recruiting well, and they don’t have a legit shot at the CFP even with an expansion to 12 teams. 

East Lansing…ughhh.

• Haha 1

I guess if NIL gives him huge money, but kids also like winning and playing in "their" offense.  Mel Tucker is a so-so coach.  He went 5-7 his 1 year at Colorado, 2-5 during covid, 11-2 last year and 3-5 this year.  I don't see MSU doing better than 2-2 to finish the year.  If money means more than winning and NFL draft stock, have at it.

I don't think Moore is even entertaining the thought, unless there is life changing money.

• Thumbs Up 1

Other than the possibility of NIL, the only real thing MSU can offer is distance to home.  I don't think that's enough to offset the terrible state of their football program right now.

Close to home. A school that he has been familiar with his entire life. A booster with very deep pockets who is willling to go deep into the well to revive Spartan football.

Are the Ducks Dante's best option? Yes.

Are Lanning, Dilly and staff going hard to keep Dante? YES.

Go Ducks.

Edited by Notalot
  • Go Ducks! 1

According to this site, MSU isn't giving out really rich NIL deals.

WWW.ON3.COM

A ranking of College Football recruits. These rankings are based on the potential influence they have as an individual.

Oh no. What if Dante Moore takes the Auburn job and takes Dilly and Lanning with him?!?!

• Salute 1
  • Oh no! 1
  • Haha 3
  • Mic drop 2
  • Applause 1

On 11/3/2022 at 4:10 PM, Tandaian said:

According to this site, MSU isn't giving out really rich NIL deals.

WWW.ON3.COM

A ranking of College Football recruits. These rankings are based on the potential influence they have as an individual.

I am not saying MSU will dig deep, but they could should they so choose. They anteed up big for Tucker, $95M fully guaranteed.

Mat Ishbia gave $32M for a basketball facility. 

Mat Ishbia, 41, is CEO of Pontiac-based United Wholesale Mortgage with over 8,000 employees. The company was previously known as United Shore Financial Services.

He is already a billionaire on paper and ranked 188th place on the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, which puts his net worth at just under $12 billion.

On 11/3/2022 at 4:28 PM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

Oh no. What if Dante Moore takes the Auburn job and takes Dilly and Lanning with him?!?!

Blockbuster!

• Like 1

Since he turned down ND to commit to OBD, how does MSU have a chance?

• Thumbs Up 1

Thought I read awhile back that Moore isn't choosing a school based on NIL. Pretty sure it was a quote from DM. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I think if Dillingham stays then he’ll be a lock to stick with Oregon. If he gets hired away then Moore might be a little more open to suggestion.

Edited by DrJacksPlaidPants