FishDuck Article

Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold–and at High Altitude

“It was the worst of times, it was the worst of times; it was the age of foolishness, it was the age of foolishness; it was the season of darkness, it was the season of darkness.” It was 2016, and Colorado had just stampeded Our Beloved Ducks by a score of 41-38. All the tragic details are in the book ...

FISHDUCK.COM

It was the worst of times, it was the worst of times; it was the age of foolishness, it was the age of foolishness; it was the season of...
  • Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Oh, most revered former Axel, thank you, thank you for the walk down memory lane with the bisons. I was in the stands, freezing my glutes off at that 1996 Cotton Bowl debacle.

How it could be 70° and sunny in Dallas the day before, then 40° with wind chill lower than a Norwegian fiord at game time was a polar vortex mystery that swore me off central Texas forever. Add to that the miserable experience of watching OBD get beat badly and Neuweasel pull one of the crappiest low stunts of sportsmanship in the history of college football.

Some revenge was extracted by Joey and company in the 2002 Fiesta Bowl which I was blessed to attend. But a little revenge never seems to be enough. Thus every bad thing that ever happens to Colorado, Neuweasel, and the fuskies for that matter, is well deserved. Our karma runs over your dogma, indeed (woof, woof, fuskies, that includes you).

As Roger Miller once sang, 'You can't roller skate in a Buffalo herd, but you be happy if you beat the snot out of them by six touchdowns and take the over'.

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

😂 Hail Mary out of the Victory formation!🤣. I almost choked to death on my coffee!

Thank you for a riotous start to my day!

Hahahaha! Holy smackdown, Batman!

Hilarious. 

Mic drop! Great piece 👏👏

So just checked ticket availability. Three things jumped out at me.

1. It is going to be a half empty stadium.

2. They have an interesting meaning for the term "medium availability" for the 50 yard section as approximately 60% seats are still available.

3. You can't say anything bad about fans being disloyal for not buying those tix as they are $185 plus a $15 out of nowhere fee for total of $200.

Another game where crowd noise won't be a problem and the projected high is 59 degrees with no rain. Tough times to be a Buff fan.

LOL 😂 great article. 

There is nobody like Alan anywhere writing about college football.  Another masterpiece, with digs in so many directions...whew!  So much fun!

Mr. FishDuck

Very funny read.   Thanks for the laughs, Alan.

On 11/4/2022 at 3:31 AM, EastBayDuckDad said:

Oh, most revered former Axel, thank you, thank you for the walk down memory lane with the bisons. As Roger Miller once sang, 'You can't roller skate in a Buffalo herd, but you be happy if you beat the snot out of them by six touchdowns and take the over'.

Wow!  6 TD's and take the over?  

Let's see, if I count all my toes & fingers three times I still don't get to a number high enough to count that far.  I know the Ducks are favored by -30.5 (I don't have a 1/2-toe but I can 'wing' that one) but when it comes to the O/U ... well ... that's just way too many fingers and toes for me to be counting.

How about a 'gentleman's bet?  Oregon wins but the skating Buffs cover the points?  No $, just bragging rights - a "I told you so" sorta thing?  I'd like to think the Ducks could hang a Georgia-type whooping on 'em but that high mountain air and the "it's a poor dog" quote I mentioned earlier won't allow me to wrap my pointy head around that many points.

Sure hope you're right, tho!      30.5 !!      GO DUCKS!

Thanks, everyone. I'm happy I can bring a few laughs and smiles to your day!

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 11/4/2022 at 2:26 PM, Alan said:

Thanks, everyone. I'm happy I can bring a few laughs and smiles to your day!

Nice Edsel.  Should'a bought the one I had a chance to buy once - but back then, as a kid, I though they were hideous. Well, they still are ...

On 11/4/2022 at 10:10 PM, Mic said:

Wow!  6 TD's and take the over?  

Let's see, if I count all my toes & fingers three times I still don't get to a number high enough to count that far.  I know the Ducks are favored by -30.5 (I don't have a 1/2-toe but I can 'wing' that one) but when it comes to the O/U ... well ... that's just way too many fingers and toes for me to be counting.

How about a 'gentleman's bet?  Oregon wins but the skating Buffs cover the points?  No $, just bragging rights - a "I told you so" sorta thing?  I'd like to think the Ducks could hang a Georgia-type whooping on 'em but that high mountain air and the "it's a poor dog" quote I mentioned earlier won't allow me to wrap my pointy head around that many points.

Sure hope you're right, tho!      30.5 !!      GO DUCKS!

Mic, I kinda got carried away on that one. My actual OBD prediction was 3 1/2 touchdowns or so. Six would way more cover the spread. I do think Oregon either covers or gets pretty close if Lanning takes the foot off the gas with the twos and threes in the game in the 4th qtr.

I'm don't think he wants to embarrass Colorado just to make style points for the CFP. Too much of a decent guy for that. 

On 11/4/2022 at 3:27 PM, EastBayDuckDad said:

Mic, I kinda got carried away on that one. My actual OBD prediction was 3 1/2 touchdowns or so. Six would way more cover the spread. I do think Oregon either covers or gets pretty close if Lanning takes the foot off the gas with the twos and threes in the game in the 4th qtr.

I'm don't think he wants to embarrass Colorado just to make style points for the CFP. Too much of a decent guy for that. 

After I wrote my little tease above I went back and looked up Ore State's win over Colo and I see the Beavers beat them 42-9.  So, you may have been closer than you thought.  Like you say above, it might come down to how merciful Dan Lanning is and how well the subs do against the Buffs.  OSU certainly had no problem with 'em.  +6 TD's might not be enough!

however, OSU got them at home (Corvallis) whereas O gets them on the road

Fun piece Alan. Just a joy to read. One thing that the Buffs and huskies have in common.......

A mythical national championship!

It's not their fault that bowl contracts didnt allow the top 2 teams to settle it on the field. But still its as mythical as the Dragon in GOT..........

Not one Duck starter should see the field in the 2nd half. 42 to 49 first half points should do the trick.

Its time to give TT and JB some fun playing time. And keep our starters healthy.

GO DUCKS.........