30Duck

A Deep Look At The QB Situation At Oregon

"Next man up is next men up when it comes to who will be the starting quarterback at Oregon after Tyler Shough entered the transfer portal. This article from sportspac12.com looks at the contenders. 

The forgotten man?

Mr. FishDuck

Eenie, Meenie, Minee, Moe who will the Ducks choose to throw?

It's is indeed a big question mark. I will not even try to guess until the Spring practices and even then it will be up for grabs me thinks....

That is why they lace up the shoes and get between the lines, to show what you got when everyone wants the ball and only you, and the center are assured of touching it. The qb position is a reflection of almost every position at Oregon, full of promise, short on experience.

Soon it will be time to lace them up, but until then the training, studying and relationship building will happen. Who will come out of that process with an advantage. I don't think there will be any time that won't hurt or help in this process if left unused.  

Can a kid just out of high school lead a team, some guys 4 years his senior? How about Butterfield, the under appreciated, talented player. Then there is the dark horse many look fondly toward, as he reminds many of a combination of many of the past greats, will Ashford win it? 

Stay tuned as guesses are free, but the competition will prove costly for those involved, should be fun to watch.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Will be fun to watch

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being Thompson.

Cristobal might end up playing the long game and get the Freshmen the experience he needs right away so that he is better prepared for the following two seasons. He may realize, as many of us fans may, that Thompson might not be the very best in the immediate term.......but he is the best for the longer term.

• Thumbs Up 1

Serious question without being too offensive (yes, I meant to do that!) I hope.  Has Cristobal hired someone who is a football game manager to help him?  Someone who can get in his ear piece and prevent stupid time outs and situational decisions like punts and such? We all know he needs to improve on that for sure.  That and let his O coordinator do his job without interference?  I get it that his players love him and that he can recruit like no other so I'm hoping he matures on these other things soon.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

I’m sorry for Shough that it didn’t work to his liking at UO.  Perhaps he saw what he telegraphed to a lot of us: his best was not good enough.  I wish him luck.

Next man up!  Seems there’s a LOT of talent to sift through.  May the Cream rise to theTop!

1 hour ago, nogerO said:

Serious question without being too offensive (yes, I meant to do that!) I hope.  Has Cristobal hired someone who is a football game manager to help him?  Someone who can get in his ear piece and prevent stupid time outs and situational decisions like punts and such? We all know he needs to improve on that for sure.  That and let his O coordinator do his job without interference?  I get it that his players love him and that he can recruit like no other so I'm hoping he matures on these other things soon.

Short answer: no.  Cristobal has a boatload of people on the staff that can fulfill that function, but....

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

I dont like being a down beat fan but,......Cristobal has to get his real time game management together. 

• Like 1

Hire the best, pay them well, hold them accountable and...GET OUT OF THEIR WAY!!! 
Maybe a couple of calls with Nick are in order. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Fordux said:

Hire the best, pay them well, hold them accountable and...GET OUT OF THEIR WAY!!! 
Maybe a couple of calls with Nick are in order. 

Agreed. We hired a top OC and a goodish DC. Let them make a majority of plays.

• Haha 1